M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

I think that they are doing their best guys, they are just under staffed and overwhelmed by the amount of work..

We need more 3rd party devs not less so even though we paid for this and every opinion must be respected, lets not discourage Razbam from doing additional modules.. there is a way to let them know we are annoyed by the waiting but recently they pledged to finish their modules before releasing new ones so that is a honest approach towards the community.

I mean especially with ED (unfortunately) doing WWII stuffs... that means less time, energy and resources devoted to making truly ambitious and complex projects like modern jets with all their systems simulated... Heatblur and Razbam are our only chance right now of having more of those released (and finished..) at a steadier pace so lets encourage them so that they have more incentives to communicate with us more regularly.

Yep, and also, if we put on Razbam the responsability for some bugs that are not bugs, but simply realism...They will never satisfy the community...(in clear, community will never satisfy itself).

That doesn't mean theire is no bugs and lack in the Mirage (theire is)...It mean simply that realism for such univers is not necessary well known or conciderated as it must sometimes, and most of us (i put myself in this, i made the mistake multiple of times), conciderate some problems as bugs, when it's not necessary bugs...But simply the "best" realism that a 3rd dev team can do with theire own limits (and datas limits) and the limits of DCS itself.

Edited by Mav783

Yep, and also, if we put on Razbam the responsability for some bugs that are not bugs, but simply realism...They will never satisfy the community...(in clear, community will never satisfy itself).

Can you give me an example fur such a "bug that isn't one"?

But simply the "best" realism that a 3rd dev team can do with theire own limits (and datas limits) and the limits of DCS itself.

If you really think that Razbams modules are the best a 3rd party can achieve, then I need to ask which 3rd party modules you are refering to?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

If you consider losing lock because of ECM or target beaming, we won't go anywhere... :(

Beaming/notching/ECM and ...*cough* "realism" were all immediately the very first thing suggested and it was immediately shot down [pardon the pun] as possible explanations. It in NO WAY reflects real world performance AT ALL under any circumstances I am aware of.

For one, literally all of us immediately tested it in ideal situations and no, I didnt accidentaly re-code friendly aircraft to emit ECM nor can a C-130 easily outmanouvre my M2000.

It takes such a small amount of knowledge and experience to discount notching/ecm, its really confusing why it keeps coming up as an excuse and to be honest mate its a little galling to still have people suggesting the most obvious go-to explanations for loss of STT, as if it wasnt the very first thing through our heads as well (and immediately discarded for obvious reasons) but Im sure you didnt mean any offence.

Peace/out

PS: yes, this issue does somewhat put me in an overly bad mood, if that wasnt clear

Edited by p1t1o

Beaming/notching/ECM and ...*cough* "realism" were all immediately the very first thing suggested and it was immediately shot down [pardon the pun] as possible explanations. It in NO WAY reflects real world performance AT ALL under any circumstances I am aware of.

For one, literally all of us immediately tested it in ideal situations and no, I didnt accidentaly re-code friendly aircraft to emit ECM nor can a C-130 easily outmanouvre my M2000.

It takes such a small amount of knowledge and experience to discount notching/ecm, its really confusing why it keeps coming up as an excuse and to be honest mate its a little galling to still have people suggesting the most obvious go-to explanations for loss of STT, as if it wasnt the very first thing through our heads as well (and immediately discarded for obvious reasons) but Im sure you didnt mean any offence.

Peace/out

PS: yes, this issue does somewhat put me in an overly bad mood, if that wasnt clear

There is well identified bug about TWS lock.

If you have a repeatable bug about STT lock, you're welcome to share video/ track file to get it investigated.

I agree with what you said above, but all that have been claimed as bug already by some other people.

So far, I still have no idea about the condition to get the STT lock bug you're talking about.

On my end I don't have any trouble, but I'm curious to see if there is a bug.

Maybe I missed the report ? In that case, it would be cool if you can show me.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Is there a problem with the kneeboard?

I can't turn the pages and I know several other players have this problem.

thanks.

I get it sometimes, restarting the game fixed it for me. Does restarting the game fix it for you ? If not, you might want to create a post int the bug section.

What would be the issue with STT ?

Genuine question.

Same question, never experienced the STT lock drop bug.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Seriously jojo, are you joking or what?!

I quote yourself:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198216&page=5

p1t1o said he wasn't talking about beaming. The discussion you quoted is just about that...

You can read the translated summary of an article by French journalist who flew an air defense mission in the back seat of Mirage 2000B with four others Mirage 2000C RDI.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3899104&postcount=67

I did some test Vs AI Su-25 a while back, taking measurements in the replay ( shooter and target speed & heading).

From my computation, the RDI un game loose lock when radial velocity drops below 60kt

I don't have HB Tomcat, but according to the manual, PD STT loose lock below +/- 133kt. :music_whistling:

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I don't have HB Tomcat, but according to the manual, PD STT loose lock below +/- 133kt. :music_whistling:

That's around it. But since you have someone in the back he can disable this filter and look through the clutter himself. Not possible for a single seat interceptor.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

That's around it. But since you have someone in the back he can disable this filter and look through the clutter himself. Not possible for a single seat interceptor.

There is the PRF mode selector which according to the manual alters the Doppler Filter but you can't use STT and so fire the 530 in anything other than High PRF.

Is there a problem with the kneeboard?

I can't turn the pages and I know several other players have this problem.

thanks.

I had this problem last week, or the week before that. When I checked my bindings, I find out that they had simply been erased. Give a look at your Control options, you never know.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Can you give me an example fur such a "bug that isn't one"?

Yes, for example, it's not rare to ear that's not normal (or maybe a bug) that the radar unlock it target online ... When it can be simply explained by beaming, ECM or ground echo paraziting accorded to the performance of the "old" RDI Radar...As Jojo implied (i think, he will correct me if iam wrong).

One day, online, i heard someone who said that he meeted a problem with the jettison button on the Mirage that push itself alone ... After seeing his replay, it was simply over-G safety, modelised on all modules...

About the unlock "bugs" they speak about, i also have it...But, when i think twice about when it happen, it can be the moment i launch the missile, in the middle of it's course, or at the end...But i remember much my frustration when it happen in the moment i launch the missile...

So, it's easy to say "bug", not easy to know it...

I didn't say that their's no bugs. For sure bugs are real XD ! I simply said sometimes ppl lake the opportinuty to simply ask, suspect, or stay quiet, and must stop seeing bugs everytimes theires expectation about "how it must be in my opinion" are not answered.

I don't say it is beaming or ECM. I say maybe it is ! Maybe that is a sh*** bug. But if it's not, someone suspect a bug... when in fact it's simply called...realism... It's also possible.

And if all the 3rd dev need to answer everyone who say "bugs !", they will pass theire time to manage a community in case of fixing bugs that are already known and waiting to be fixed...

If you really think that Razbams modules are the best a 3rd party can achieve, then I need to ask which 3rd party modules you are refering to?

I think my sentence was not clear...

I meaned that : sometimes, what ever a dev do, it's "bad" for the customers...When it's simply the best a dev can do, the possible...And : what ever the dev (Razbam or others, as ED, Heatblur, who you want).

I admit my sentence was not clear ;)

then I need to ask which 3rd party modules you are refering to?

For me the best 3rd dev teams are Heatblur and ED/Belsimtek.

But i also appreciate Razbam. And others.

Edited by Mav783

The thing is multi player introduce another variable into the equation.

MP code, client/ server connection and so on...

If you want to prove a radar bug, I think it's better to isolate it in single player.

Mirage fanatic !

Jojo, as you know the Mirage very well, can you confirm that there is now a low altitude warning missing?

As watching some youtube HUD videos from the M2K, a large arrow pointing upwards and also a very insistently audible warning tone should be there when flying in the direction of the ground. Have not seen that in our module so far...

Steam user - Youtube

Jojo, as you know the Mirage very well, can you confirm that there is now a low altitude warning missing?

As watching some youtube HUD videos from the M2K, a large arrow pointing upwards and also a very insistently audible warning tone should be there when flying in the direction of the ground. Have not seen that in our module so far...

I have to check. I already got the arrow for sure.

Can you link the video you are referring to ?

Thanks.

Mirage fanatic !

I would not bet on it, but I'm quite sure that I haven't seen the arrow yet in DCS:

Ans here right after take-off:

There are multiple audio warning tones, some I can identify as Stall warnings, but others? Maybe too high AOA?

Strange thing in the second video is, that this arrow should appear multiple times when it means "pull up", but it only seems to be there at the beginning...

Steam user - Youtube

I would not bet on it, but I'm quite sure that I haven't seen the arrow yet in DCS:

Ans here right after take-off:

There are multiple audio warning tones, some I can identify as Stall warnings, but others? Maybe too high AOA?

Strange thing in the second video is, that this arrow should appear multiple times when it means "pull up", but it only seems to be there at the beginning...

It is working (but not explained in the manual). You have to turn on the Radar Altimeter and put the altimeters selector switch to SEL H (both switches on the hud pedestal).

The only difference is that the arrow is not blinking but it's steady.

The audio warning is explained in the manual (must find the page), it is stick deflection (full aft stick) and AoA dependent

Edited by jaguara5