Wife of DCS player needs help

Chief1942

Hi. Very sorry to hear about that frightful diagnosis.

I think there has been quite a lot of sound advice going on here. Maybe it is a good idea to get together with one or two people who are living reasonably close to you.

I'm sure there are a lot of more important things going on as well, but one piece of advice I have is, maybe when you look through all the hardware to decide if there are one or two pieces you'd want to keep, even if your husband will not use it anymore. It's not always the new, big, shiny and expensive pieces that one ends up having a connection with.

I´m very sorry about that diagnosis. I can not even imagine what you both are going through at the Moment. I wish you all the power and strength to go through this, to support your husband.

If you´re not quite familar with Computer, Internet and such things so you can also ask in your neighbourhood whether this things will find a new owner.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I lost a cousin to brain cancer. Such an insidious disease.

I can only add to the other sentiments that if you need anything in the way of help or advice, I am here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

God Bless You and Your Husband,Hopefully A member of the community who lives close by can either buy it outright or guide you to a good solution.All the very best to you!

I really don't need any of the hardware but I would be willing to finance a local transaction so that you can avoid the cost, and significant hassle, of shipping the hardware. If any of you local Arizona guys want to help work this out then PM me.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your husband, lost my grandpa to cancer...hate it.

I also love the idea of a museum, such an awesome idea and a way to honor his memory and passion in a way that many others can enjoy. :)

The items listed in your forum signature should be more than enough for the Museum to just set it up and go. (Quite an enviable list for any sim pilot).

My husband has been an active member and supporter of DCS world for many years.

He has now got a terminal brain tumor and is unable to operate his aircraft ...equipment.

He has all the "stuff" …. trax seat, controls, pedals etc. In fact some things he has multiple generations because he liked to stay up with the latest and greatest.

I must get rid of this and I have no idea where to begin.

He truly loved this hobby and he would want all his "stuff" to be used not thrown away.

I would like to get a little something for it but it is most important that it goes to someone who will enjoy the hobby. Any advice for the easiest solution would be appreciated. Oh I should add we are located in central Arizona.

can you post here pictures of the things you wanna sell?

I can maybe give you advices what the different components are worth, not that someone cheats you and give you 5 bugs for something that is 200 worth.

ah and maybe a tip, depending on how the brain tumor currently affects his abilities, if he is still able to understand words and is on mind, maybe audiobooks are now something for him.

My father had in his last days a lot of joy with those.

I lost my mum to a grade 4 glioblastoma in 2012,i know what you guys are going thru

Nothing i can say will heal, but please know my thoughts are with you at this difficult time

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Mrs. Chief,

If I can assist in making phone calls etc for you please don'\t hesitate to contact me. 682-308-1508, my name is John. I am in South Texas but would be willing to do anything I can to assist remotely.

I have walked in your shoes, I know it is hard. The world is collapsing and you are left to handle things that are way outside of your comfort zone. Remember to breathe. Remember to pray. and Remember to keep what's most important in front of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with your husband, you and your entire family.

Edited by Cap'n Penguin

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are in our thoughts and prayers Mr and Mrs Chief!

Please let him know we are thinking of him.

Also looking at your Hubby's signature in the post you made (if still current) he had some good taste in flight sim hardware.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Where in Central Az are you at? I live in the Peoria area if you still need some assistance.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system