profiles for x52 pro and warthog hotas stick

larsbengtsson25

hi everyone

I bought dcs black shark 1 and 2 at the beginning and played around with it.

I was using a saitek cyborg 3d force stick and my keyboard for commands.

i just bought a-10c module .

And now i have bought x52 pro throttle and a warthog hotas joystick and the problems i have is that there are profiles for the warthog throttle and stick and likewise for the x52 pro throttle and stick.

But if i start to confgure my warhog stick the guides i have read want me to set some of the cmmands to the warthog throttle and i dont know where to set it on my x52 pro throttle so it will feel right.

I sent 1 pm 4-5 days ago to a member who had the same configuration as me but i havent heard from him yet.

So thats why i am reaching out for your help.

And if you know anything else, video channel ,pdf for learning the A-10C plz link it to me.

lars bengtsson

hi everyone

I bought dcs black shark 1 and 2 at the beginning and played around with it.

I was using a saitek cyborg 3d force stick and my keyboard for commands.

i just bought a-10c module .

And now i have bought x52 pro throttle and a warthog hotas joystick and the problems i have is that there are profiles for the warthog throttle and stick and likewise for the x52 pro throttle and stick.

But if i start to confgure my warhog stick the guides i have read want me to set some of the cmmands to the warthog throttle and i dont know where to set it on my x52 pro throttle so it will feel right.

I sent 1 pm 4-5 days ago to a member who had the same configuration as me but i havent heard from him yet.

So thats why i am reaching out for your help.

And if you know anything else, video channel ,pdf for learning the A-10C plz link it to me.

lars bengtsson

THe most useful piece of information I can give you is that you can add a modifier IN GAME IN THE CONTROL MENU.

It's in the bottom left of the control menu, click modifiers, click "Add" underneath the modifier box (not switches) , select the device you would like to create a shift state with and click the button you want to use. In doing this - any time you hold that button, every other button on every device you have attached to your pc in use for DCS is suddenly an additional button. You can add as many as you want, but I'm confident you can get yourself set up using just one.

I.E. My stick has 19 buttons, my throttle has 34. If i assign the modifer to one button on my stick, stick minus modifer = 18 buttons x2 = 36, and my throttle 34x2=68 buttons. Holding the modifier down gives each button in your setup the capability for a second function.

In the case of using an x52 throttle, it just doesn't have all the switches and buttons that come with the warthog throttle so, using the diagrams in the a-10c manual or whichever aircraft you want to fly, you should be able to figure something out using a modifier to add more buttons to your setup. Using the warthog stick, I find the pinky paddle to be a great modifier button. Just get it as close as you feel you possibly can to the actual throttle from the a-10c, using modifiers where needed.

You can find the manual for the a-10c starting from your install directroy DCS World/mods/aircraft/A-10C/Docs/DCS A-10C Flight Manuel EN.pdf and within those 600+ pages, there is a diagram of the stick and throttle and what they do. If I read nothing else in DCS flight manuals, I always at least study the diagram of the stick and throttle. In the A-10C you control almost everything with the hotas. Familiarize yourself with the terminology of the buttons, i.e. china hat, coolie hat, boat switch.. will make the training missions easier.

unfortunately - you may still need the Saitek SST software to utilize the little mouse stick on the throttle as TDC slew control. But it's the only thing I ever used SST for back when i had an x52 pro, at least regarding DCS. It can also be done in something a little more user friendly like Xpadder, which in my experience, comes without all the troubles that saitek software can.

That's all you really need in the clickpits is controls for the stick and throttle, everything else you just click on with your mouse. Although, you can also add some thrustmaster cougar MFCD's to the setup for a little less on the mouse clicking.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I've been using the mouse stick as buttons, using the stick without pinky for TAD slew, and with pinky up/down as airbrake, fwd/back as china. The only problem is that as soon as you need to use SST for anything, DCS 2.5 doesn't recognise the pinky button (#6) any more as a modifier, so that means I have most of the commands in DCS, and any pinky modified switches in SST. A bit of a bummer, but that's the best I found.

Otherwise it's to use the start/stop buttons just under the throttle, but I found those being a bit difficult to use, as I would need to look at the throttle to find them, therefore losing SA/target.

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Give this profile a try Lars. I'm a Data Intelligence Architect so I work with user perception. I spent a lot of time creating the profile from an ease of use standpoint. The thread outlines everything you need to do to make it work.

newx52a10cwarthog.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm