2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

=DECOY=

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jim I will try and help you out. I will answer as best i can below your questions

A- Yes sir all I did after getting this to work for 1.5 was copy the export file to nttr, this means you can use it within both version's of dcs, with one profile... I too struggled and found the simtools community very unhelpful, but I will simply give you my export files for both, as a extra bit of coding I came across helps make the motion a lot smoother when doing 360 rolls and loops.

b. IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK are also my favored flightsims, next to DCS.

SIMTOOL shows a Plugin for the IL2 Cliffs of Dover but they were non-committal on their

Plugin application for IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK. Have you been able to setup

A- I don't use this game I only use dcs BUT if their is a plugin for it. It will work, you can also make tour own plugins aswell; however I havens tried this yet

Sorry if i am late to the conversation..

does the motion chair work with DCS 2.5 or not?

im reading a few posts saying that the simtools profile for DCS is trash, but search results are old, and there is hardly any motion platform videos with DCS on youtube....

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Sorry if i am late to the conversation..

does the motion chair work with DCS 2.5 or not?

im reading a few posts saying that the simtools profile for DCS is trash, but search results are old, and there is hardly any motion platform videos with DCS on youtube....

Mine works fine in 2.5 dude

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

wowoowowowow

thanks for reply

i feel hopeful of getting a motion platform.

i hope you can make a video of how you get the chair to work, simtools and all.

i guess you had to tweak your profiles, not something that works right out of the box for DCS.

best news i have heard this weekend!

i just subscribed to your youtube channel

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

How much room is required forth motion platform if you were to build a box to operate the platform in length, width, and height?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

What was your customs charge? I just order the H3 and am curious about the customs charge you mentioned.

Thanks

Danny

There was no customs charge for the Next Level Racing stuff I bought since I got it from a US based company. You can also get them from Amazon.

As to the customs charge for the DOF Reality, that would depend on where you are located and the weight and amount of boxes you received. Get in touch with Igor at DOF Reality. He should know about this cost.

Good luck!

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Danny, I don't believe the gentlemen above purchased the unit. He appears to lean heavy on the side of the Next Level platform without experiencing both. He would not have the answer to your question.

LOL, go experience them both if you have the bucks. I dont. ;) But my research gave me more then enough information to make an informed decision.

I can easily answer the question about customs charge or import duty. THERE IS NONE FOR ME! I bought the NLR systm from a US based company (Ricmotech in Florida) and could have also bought it from Amazon USA.

As to the customs charge for the DOF Reality, that would depend on where you are located and the weight and amount of boxes you received.

Next Level Racings hardware and software is easy to use and is a BLAST when flying in DCS. The immersion is astounding. Professionally constructed hardware and software allows it to work right out of the box. No tweaking necessary.

Edited by lasvideo

Yeah, I knew he hadn't purchased the platform. I was just curious as to how he had determined the customs charges without having purchased it.

Danny

Because I was in touch with Igor ( the guy who builds and sells them ) by email when I was researching which one to buy. That was 6 months ago so I have no idea what price he might have told me then. I do remember thinking "Holy Crap. Thats a lot".

Edited by lasvideo

My first question since you mount you own seat would it be possible to mount a pft puma in front of the speedmaster flight seat in place of its front end and or swap out the front controls?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I received the DOFreality H3 motion platform yesterday. Full price to my door in Washington State was $2169.00, no customs charges. I will start unpacking later today and start assembly. Will report on progress/issues as things move along.

Danny

How is it? How much room is needed? Is it platform or chair based?ie do you sit in a seat that moves or does the whole platform move? What is its weight limits?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

The platform is 32 inches wide and 53 inches long. Not that large of a footprint. It is a true platform. The flight controls and seat are mounted to the platform and the whole platform moves. The indicated weight limit is 330 lbs/150 kgs.

Danny

With the weight of the platform,seat and controls ill be pushing the limits by all that gear

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

I may be selling my one shortly if anyone is interested. Never get time to use it anymore

Sorry to hear that. After all your enthusiastic posts, I never thought I would see the day you wanted to sell it. :shocking:

Sorry to hear that. After all your enthusiastic posts, I never thought I would see the day you wanted to sell it. :shocking:

I still love it, But the running on the Ravens takes a lot of flying time away, and seeing the chair sitting in the corner of my office collection dust. Makes me think someone else could benefit from it and enjoy it as much as me

Raven pm you selling point if you don’t wish to announce publiclly

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

I still love it, But the running on the Ravens takes a lot of flying time away, and seeing the chair sitting in the corner of my office collection dust. Makes me think someone else could benefit from it and enjoy it as much as me

Dont you use it when flying with the Ravens? I would think it would get a lot of use.

I would be very interested to know about how you can mount a joystick with an extension. I have the vkb gunfighter with the extension.
I made a bracket to have the stick front mounted.

Simply using L brackets dude

http://i.imgur.com/h82JPAv.jpg

yes but look how way longer it is. I feel likeit would be sitting way too high. I already have some toughts on redesigning the beam that mounts the pedales plus adding a frame to had a custom f-18 panel I made.

One question I have, does simtool takes its infos from the aircraft attitude, aoa or the G factor?

Edited by Beazle

I use a Thrustmaster Flight stick with an extension and have it mounted to the main beam with a combination of heavy zip-ties. I'll get a picture posted for you in a little while.

I do have a question for those who have/are using the DOFReality platform. Do you have situations where the platform getting into a side to side oscillation? I am in the process of tuning the platform for flight and have such a situation occurring off and on.

Danny

Here are pictures of how I mounted my flight stick to the platform. I placed a zip-tie around the base, then used multiple zip-ties looped through the one around the base then around the platform beam. It is very solid.

The height of the flight stick grip is just right when seated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Danny

1624239810_Picture1.thumb.jpg.998ad80e7e402010f5d8d8bb4036565b.jpg

1522730932_Picture2.thumb.jpg.5d1e0b213e1236bb7b367c206fbf780c.jpg