Cockpit lighting/hud glass 2.1 update

Gunny Highway

The sight was one of the first things being reported today, but disco floodlights are something new :D!

Pink floodlights already appeared in 2.1.0 and got reported. Not to mention in the night, the flood lights are really flood lights and more efficient than the taxi light in the mustang.

Yeah, the HUD glass thing kind of took me by surprise this morning. I figured it would be mentioned on the forums by the time I got here.

I also just want to mention that I'm less and less impressed with the canopy these days. For myself, I prefer having some thing there to define a barrier between me and the outside world. It has been pretty well done in the past but it seems to be going the way of the propeller on the P-51 days.......Non existent. I'm wondering if they can't just create an option for it in game. I know that some like it to be pretty much invisible but it feels to me like there just isn't anything there in the way of a canopy.

There seems to be an overall issue with somehow pink being introduced to the game at various lighting conditions. I just ran a series of night tests in the Rift and noted hot pink colors all over the place in the color palette of the terrain and the planes, and the planes lighting. And the landing gear lights are just crazy, especially on the P-51. They need to fix this.

The spitfire canopy is now cleaner than it was but still visible and still has scratches in the perspex. Has the P51 lost the scratches & reflections as well? The internal reflections in the Spit seem more obvious now.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

• 2 months later...

Nevada hud

I had a long break waiting for devs to merge all versions in to one, but it seems that wont happen. So, yesterday i had a go on Nevada map to show the game to friends, and to my surprise HUD is next to invisible.. So what gives? Known bug or that is how it was supposed to be?

Neither :D. Non-updated 2.x.x on your part I would presume. Both armoured windscreen glass and gunsight reticle glass should be visible with a noticeable blue tint.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just to make sure - I fly with deferred shading on, do you? No idea how the glass looks with DS off, I admit.

By the way, instead of wasting God knows how much time with full reinstall, I'd suggest using cleanup and repair commands instead. Same result at a fraction of time and bandwidth used. The version number, as displayed in bottom right corner of main screen, should be 2.1.1.9006.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ok, but how it can be not up to date when every time you start it it checks for update?

It runs normally, except that HUD issue.

Well i guess i will go for reinstallation.

nah, mine never auto updates. i always have to go to the folder to run the updater or the CMD commands.

too lazy to reinstall.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

This is the way to update!!

nah, mine never auto updates. i always have to go to the folder to run the updater or the CMD commands.

too lazy to reinstall.

Unfortunately, the auto update seems to come and go with the various updates, but it seems to work as advertised if used as recommended in this post. Also there is the DCS Updater by Skate Zilla that works on many levels. You might try that.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT