2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #151
billybezeau

oh good to know really appreciate your pictures!! I think mine Is a little longer than yours but I think if i shim the seat to make it a little higher I could be able to reach to desire height for my stick!

Can anyone help figure out this; when I look at the videos from 59th ravens, I noticed that simtools might be using aircraft attitude input to make the 2dof movements. Where it should be using the g factor inputs. For an example when an airplane is in a coordinated turn, you should not feel like you're getting pushed on to the left right. you should only feel your body weight vector going down to the seat, which would be represented as the seat leaning backwards in the reality chair. (the only time you would feel yourself pushed from side to side, which would be represented with the chair banking right or left, is when you are in an uncoordinated turn or any yaw movements or when you apply fast and big stick input when you are transitioning from straight flying to banking it.

So before i buy a chair like this I would like to be sure i can use the G factor input and AOA instead of the aircraft attitude.

thanks
Billy
billybezeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #152
BigMillerTime

Excellent question. I imagine the tech is still in it's infancy, and that with the maturity of SIMTOOLS profile, the desired effect is/will be obtainable.
BigMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #153
frenzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybezeau View Post
So before i buy a chair like this I would like to be sure i can use the G factor input and AOA instead of the aircraft attitude.
It seems like simtools doesn't currently export the g-forces, but it looks like people in the xsimulator forums have been writing their own scripts to figure it out.
frenzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #154
avenger82

Hello,

I've noob question: Does DOF Reality Motion Simulator platform support(is compatible with) Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick?
When I go to: https://dofreality.com/order/
I can chose "flight HOTAS and joystick mount", but I don't think it allows to just mount and screw Thrustmaster stick with the bottom plate to the platform. Should the Thrustmaster stick be first detached from the bottom plate, before mounting to the motion rig?

So has anyone mounted Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog to 3DOF platform?

Last edited by avenger82; 04-16-2018 at 12:53 PM.
avenger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #155
Gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybezeau View Post
oh good to know really appreciate your pictures!! I think mine Is a little longer than yours but I think if i shim the seat to make it a little higher I could be able to reach to desire height for my stick!

Can anyone help figure out this; when I look at the videos from 59th ravens, I noticed that simtools might be using aircraft attitude input to make the 2dof movements. Where it should be using the g factor inputs. For an example when an airplane is in a coordinated turn, you should not feel like you're getting pushed on to the left right. you should only feel your body weight vector going down to the seat, which would be represented as the seat leaning backwards in the reality chair. (the only time you would feel yourself pushed from side to side, which would be represented with the chair banking right or left, is when you are in an uncoordinated turn or any yaw movements or when you apply fast and big stick input when you are transitioning from straight flying to banking it.

thanks
Billy
I just got one of these myself and I'm still trying to get iRacing to work properly, but while trying to get the traction loss thingy to behave correctly I discovered this: https://www.xsimulator.net/community...in.9096/page-7

Basically when you roll the plane, you want the seat to lean to simulate the rolling sensation itself, then it slowly returns to center when you aren't rolling so that your G vector is straight down where it belongs and the seat is ready to roll again the next time you mess with the stick.
Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #156
Gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger82 View Post
Hello,

I've noob question: Does DOF Reality Motion Simulator platform support(is compatible with) Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick?
When I go to: https://dofreality.com/order/
I can chose "flight HOTAS and joystick mount", but I don't think it allows to just mount and screw Thrustmaster stick with the bottom plate to the platform. Should the Thrustmaster stick be first detached from the bottom plate, before mounting to the motion rig?

So has anyone mounted Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog to 3DOF platform?
Yes, the little plate they give you has the holes in the right spots, but they didn't countersink the screw holes and I'm worried that they might stick up too far and touch the insides of the base and damage the board. I think it needs to be spaced away from the plate with some washers. The plate seems a little thin to try to counter-sink the holes, it would be easy to remove too much material.
Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:20 AM   #157
Alex&Crow

Does anyone know why my platform doesn't work with DCS? the plugin is installed, game running but platform not movied. I can feel the motors tapping, but the game is not transmitting data to simtools. That the problem?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #158
Bluethornton

Hi
have you got game manager running as well?
Bluethornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:27 AM   #159
Alex&Crow

Of course. The problem was the decimal separator in my windows for my region.