2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

=DECOY=

oh good to know really appreciate your pictures!! I think mine Is a little longer than yours but I think if i shim the seat to make it a little higher I could be able to reach to desire height for my stick!

Can anyone help figure out this; when I look at the videos from 59th ravens, I noticed that simtools might be using aircraft attitude input to make the 2dof movements. Where it should be using the g factor inputs. For an example when an airplane is in a coordinated turn, you should not feel like you're getting pushed on to the left right. you should only feel your body weight vector going down to the seat, which would be represented as the seat leaning backwards in the reality chair. (the only time you would feel yourself pushed from side to side, which would be represented with the chair banking right or left, is when you are in an uncoordinated turn or any yaw movements or when you apply fast and big stick input when you are transitioning from straight flying to banking it.

So before i buy a chair like this I would like to be sure i can use the G factor input and AOA instead of the aircraft attitude.

thanks

Billy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I've noob question: Does DOF Reality Motion Simulator platform support(is compatible with) Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick?

When I go to: https://dofreality.com/order/

I can chose "flight HOTAS and joystick mount", but I don't think it allows to just mount and screw Thrustmaster stick with the bottom plate to the platform. Should the Thrustmaster stick be first detached from the bottom plate, before mounting to the motion rig?

So has anyone mounted Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog to 3DOF platform?

Edited by avenger82

• 3 weeks later...
oh good to know really appreciate your pictures!! I think mine Is a little longer than yours but I think if i shim the seat to make it a little higher I could be able to reach to desire height for my stick!

Can anyone help figure out this; when I look at the videos from 59th ravens, I noticed that simtools might be using aircraft attitude input to make the 2dof movements. Where it should be using the g factor inputs. For an example when an airplane is in a coordinated turn, you should not feel like you're getting pushed on to the left right. you should only feel your body weight vector going down to the seat, which would be represented as the seat leaning backwards in the reality chair. (the only time you would feel yourself pushed from side to side, which would be represented with the chair banking right or left, is when you are in an uncoordinated turn or any yaw movements or when you apply fast and big stick input when you are transitioning from straight flying to banking it.

So before i buy a chair like this I would like to be sure i can use the G factor input and AOA instead of the aircraft attitude.

thanks

Billy

I just got one of these myself and I'm still trying to get iRacing to work properly, but while trying to get the traction loss thingy to behave correctly I discovered this: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/aerofly-fs-2-plugin.9096/page-7

Basically when you roll the plane, you want the seat to lean to simulate the rolling sensation itself, then it slowly returns to center when you aren't rolling so that your G vector is straight down where it belongs and the seat is ready to roll again the next time you mess with the stick.

Hello,

I've noob question: Does DOF Reality Motion Simulator platform support(is compatible with) Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick?

When I go to: https://dofreality.com/order/

I can chose "flight HOTAS and joystick mount", but I don't think it allows to just mount and screw Thrustmaster stick with the bottom plate to the platform. Should the Thrustmaster stick be first detached from the bottom plate, before mounting to the motion rig?

So has anyone mounted Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog to 3DOF platform?

Yes, the little plate they give you has the holes in the right spots, but they didn't countersink the screw holes and I'm worried that they might stick up too far and touch the insides of the base and damage the board. I think it needs to be spaced away from the plate with some washers. The plate seems a little thin to try to counter-sink the holes, it would be easy to remove too much material.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why my platform doesn't work with DCS? the plugin is installed, game running but platform not movied. I can feel the motors tapping, but the game is not transmitting data to simtools. That the problem?

43785b822f7d.jpg

i7-7700k/4.2GHz/MSI PRO Series motherboard/Asus RTX2080Ti Gaming OCi/ 32GB DDR4/ SSD 240Gb+HDD/ 64xWin 10/Oculus Rift CV1/ Pimax 5K Plus/ 2Dof motion platform/ Logitech G940 FFB

Hi

have you got game manager running as well?

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Of course. The problem was the decimal separator in my windows for my region.

i7-7700k/4.2GHz/MSI PRO Series motherboard/Asus RTX2080Ti Gaming OCi/ 32GB DDR4/ SSD 240Gb+HDD/ 64xWin 10/Oculus Rift CV1/ Pimax 5K Plus/ 2Dof motion platform/ Logitech G940 FFB

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is having a problem with the tractionloss wheels failing I have found a transfer bearing that will replace the tractionloss wheel assemblies with just a small amount of dremel/file work on the holes. The link is for these is:

http://www.vxb.com/308-lbs-Heavy-Duty-Machined-Steel-Ball-Trans-p/308lbs-ball-unit.htm

They work very well, very smooth.

Danny

Raven I saw this early this year but figured it wouldn’t work for me at that time. But several months later it might fit the bill . I bought a speedmaster flight seat and it will require me to eventually raise it up along with my controls too hard. To exit seat because it’s too low for me. I don’t have a lot of room as I live in a rv with slides. I removed the sofa bed to make room for it now. I’m in the USA market to be exact where is the source located? What is the footprint required to operate the platform? Can you post some detailed photos. How you like it now?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Photos And dimensions are all on their website dude.

My thoughts after having it awhile are still the same I love it.

BUT my house got hit by lightning and it blew all the boards In side :(

I have ordered new ones so will be fixed soon.

Raven I saw this early this year but figured it wouldn’t work for me at that time. But several months later it might fit the bill . I bought a speedmaster flight seat and it will require me to eventually raise it up along with my controls too hard. To exit seat because it’s too low for me. I don’t have a lot of room as I live in a rv with slides. I removed the sofa bed to make room for it now. I’m in the USA market to be exact where is the source located? What is the footprint required to operate the platform? Can you post some detailed photos. How you like it now?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

For those looking for an answer to proper vr tracking in motion rigs

This is what I use on my home built 2dof rig

github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-InputEmulator

Basically one controller acts as the motion cancellation by mounting it on the headrest of your chair

.Any movement the chair makes is subtracted from the headsets movement

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi JimiC

this sounds interesting. Will I need a masters degree in programming or is it reasonably intuitive? Also does it work with the Rift? Any more information on what you believe the benefits are would be most welcome?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Took 1 minute to set up in vive . It uses steam vr- openvr so you would need that running and I don't know if rift touch controllers would be recognised. From memory it does . There is a long thread on the xsim forum testing it

It's worth it if you feel your head is moving around the cockpit when u manoeuvre the aircraft

That will depend on your motion rig setup. How many degrees of motion you are getting. Smaller movements are less noticeable but larger movements can throw your head out of the cockpit.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was trying to simulate the chair movements today on a fixed chair by moving my body with the aircraft slight banking to left and right and now i see the problem

My phiscal head moves to the right due to leaning right And then the whole view is displaced to the right that i can hardly see the hud displays in DCS same when it moves up it just get away from the cockpit and it feels so unnatural, and if i put the sensors on the rig it will reset the view a lot i guess.. I hope am describing it in an understandable way

Although in your vid it doesnt seem that bad. Can you clarify that please with the latest oculus firmware, am really confused

Also i see you want to sell it .isnt it a big step from stationary stands?!

Its a big amount of money to waste for me and i want to make sure i spend that money

On something that worth it

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I have decided to sell my rig if anyone In the UK is interested

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173404303917

I’ve been really interested in picking up a system like this, however after seeing that you are selling yours I get a little concerned. Any particular reason you are selling your rig? Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to go into details on the public forum, but any insight would be much appreciated before I spend the money.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk