Kneeboard working but....

Rhinozherous

Hello!

Glad to see the kneeboard kind of working now, but has anyone tried it before releasing for the patch?

Fonts are way too small and the data is missaligned, see screenshots.

2018--24--05-000135.thumb.png.9fc3775fda43f135febde699d02f9be0.png

2018--24--05-000136.thumb.png.0486d7e557177bb24f003c8acc61c4ed.png

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Try the attached .zip file. Extract everything to the '...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages' folder and replace all the .lua files.

All I did was modify the font size modifier from .06 to .95 in each file.

You can continue to tweak the font size to your liking by changing the red numbers in line 89 (sometimes 90) in each of the .lua files. Try small increments (.01 or .05) until it looks good for you. You will have to reload the mission to see your changes (Shift - R).

txt.stringdefs	= {default_char_height*[b][color="Red"]0.95[/color][/b], default_char_width*[b][color="red"]0.95[/color][/b],0,0}

Viggen Kneeboard Fix.zip

Hello!

Glad to see the kneeboard kind of working now, but has anyone tried it before releasing for the patch?

Fonts are way too small and the data is missaligned, see screenshots.

same here :-/

Aaaannnndddd... same here

Intel i5-7600K @3,80 (4,9 OC) + Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4@3200 XMP 2.0 + Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED + Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO + Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition

Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD WDC WD500 500GB

Saitek X-52 Pro & Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals & TrackIR 5 & Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS

Oh, yeah, also the Sony PlayStation 4 :happy:

Yepp. It's almost good now, one last push to finally get it right gents :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Try the attached .zip file. Extract everything to the '...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages' folder and replace all the .lua files.

All I did was modify the font size modifier from .06 to .95 in each file.

You can continue to tweak the font size to your liking by changing the red numbers in line 89 (sometimes 90) in each of the .lua files. Try small increments (.01 or .05) until it looks good for you. You will have to reload the mission to see your changes (Shift - R).

txt.stringdefs	= {default_char_height*[b][color="Red"]0.95[/color][/b], default_char_width*[b][color="red"]0.95[/color][/b],0,0}

Thank you very much! It is not perfekt fitting now but at least I can now read the QFE :thumbup:

Nice not to have to wait again for the next update just for this.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

In addition to this issue, the pages are not displayed in the proper order for me. I opened a mission with two pages of waypoints. A tan options page was displayed between the two waypoint pages.

Also, the kneeboard is on the right instead of left. Can it be moved? I don't believe KneeboardBuilder can be used in this case, unless the structure of the kneeboard code has changed.

Thanks,

Paul

In addition to this issue, the pages are not displayed in the proper order for me. I opened a mission with two pages of waypoints. A tan options page was displayed between the two waypoint pages.

Also, the kneeboard is on the right instead of left. Can it be moved? I don't believe KneeboardBuilder can be used in this case, unless the structure of the kneeboard code has changed.

Thanks,

Paul

I am working on an update for Kneeboard Builder that will bring back support for positioning the Viggen kneeboard and maybe the Mig-21 kneeboard.

Thanks,

Paul

You can rename the 11.lua file which is the groundcrew settings to 91.lua.

Then it will be sorted after 9.lua. The sorting of the pages are by string and not number which make 1 and 11 after each other.

Path to the files as mentioned above: DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

And for me I set these numbers to get them in the right position of the form. A little more height then width.

default_char_height*1.05, default_char_width*1,0

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

I am working on an update for Kneeboard Builder that will bring back support for positioning the Viggen kneeboard and maybe the Mig-21 kneeboard.

Great news, AlaskanGrizzly!

Thank you,

Paul

You can rename the 11.lua file which is the groundcrew settings to 91.lua.

Then it will be sorted after 9.lua. The sorting of the pages are by string and not number which make 1 and 11 after each other.

Path to the files as mentioned above: DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\pages

And for me I set these numbers to get them in the right position of the form. A little more height then width.

default_char_height*1.05, default_char_width*1,0

Thank you, illern. I will make these changes.

Paul

We are remaking the background templates and will also revamp the text generated (and their positions).

Thank you, Nicholas. In the meantime, is there a way to move the kneeboard? In my setup, a far right position is fairly awkward.

Thanks again,

Paul

If you are using Kneeboard Builder I just put out an update that will allow you to move the Viggen kneeboard.

Excellent! Thank you. I do use Kneeboard Builder and it's a great program. I didn't know you were this close to an update.

Paul