Text messages

tonym

• 1 month later...

For some airquaking in the evening I like to join 104th server, just because its the most populated and therefore the right for just quaking around. But the half of my screen is obscured by text messages, that is sometimes funny, but robs you the last bit of immersion. You even can´t read AWACS messages (unfortunatly I can`t understand russian tongue).

For serious simming with my shark, I prefer the 51th server, even though the server is often empty, the immersion is much deeper, you don`t have one fighter every 10sqrkm, but also due to the disabled serverd text messages.

So, if I want to know who shot me down again on the 104th, I just open chat bar and can read, but generally having constantly half the screen obscured by chatting is rather disturbing and I wonder if there is any client setting I can enable to disable the server text messages?

Edited by SNAFU
  • Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

So, if I want to know who shot me down again on the 104th, I just open chat bar and can read, but generally having constantly half the screen obscured by chatting is rather disturbing and I wonder if there is any client setting I can enable to disable the server text messages?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51748

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I wonder if there is any client setting I can enable to disable the server text messages?
Yes there is. Check this post by Soviet. You can edit the chat-log.res file to display now lines at all. Remember though that you may also miss server rotation messages.

Edit: Note to self Check the rest of the thread to see if others didn't already post exactly the same information :D

• Like 1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

If you have spare buttons on your joystick (or your TM Courgar MFD's) these are well worth mapping somewhere handy. In an ideal world everyone would be on teamspeak but unfotunately the TEAMCHAT button is neccersary if you want to avoid a lot of BITTERSWEET situations.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png