Having a heck of a time

LC34

2700rpm is writen in the manual, thats correct. For me 1600 to 2000 works perfect.

Throttle adjustments along with 2700rpm is way to choppy and throws my trim of.

And if you have your flaps all the way down (GIGGEDY), with that RPM your propeller causes some strange effect's around your center of gravity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many real Mustang pilotsI know land with the full 3000 RPM. The reason being that if you need to go around, you have the power there immediately. Yes, the torque is harder to deal with, but that will become much less of an issue wth a little practice and a smaller throttle bracket.... Personally, I fly my downwind leg at around 1000ft, Idle the power as I turn base level with the threshold and only apply very small amounts of power if I think I'm going to touch short.

2700rpm is writen in the manual, thats correct. For me 1600 to 2000 works perfect.

Throttle adjustments along with 2700rpm is way to choppy and throws my trim of.

And if you have your flaps all the way down (GIGGEDY), with that RPM your propeller causes some strange effect's around your center of gravity.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

I would say that looked much better. You're learning that critical phase of holding off after the flare. You did fine until you abruptly pulled the power off and you swerved right. Gentle on the throttle. By that time you probably should have had the stick full back as well, that would have held it.

Edited by Perfesser

After just getting to monkey around with my new Thrustmaster Warthog that came in today I can say that MOST of my flying and landing and general problems came from my old X-45 stick. Out of the box this new stick is 1000 times better than anything I could do to the X-45 through the years. Now its just a matter of stick time to learn where all the buttons are.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

One question I do have though, I seem to remember reading somewhere that I should keep the rpm at around 2700? Seems that if I do I go way to fast and if I pull it down I slow down easier.

Should I keep the rpm up or no? Because if I go on throttle alone even all the way back to almost zero and it seems I'm still going too fast. Maybe another glitch with my stick or set up wrong?

I liked that takeoff a lot more than the previous vid. That's a real improvement. You should come back on the power, though, after getting the gear up. Since you know you are going to land again, there's no need to go over 200 mph. Altitude downwind was better, but you are still going waaay too far out before turning base. Look how much altitude you lost by the time you turned final. You continued downwind for a full minute after passing the runway threshold. At 250 mph, you were between 3-4 miles away when you turned base. You end up with a very flat approach to the threshold.

What has already been said about approach speed is right. You were too fast. About 2,000 rpm is a good setting, with pitch full forward. I try to feel the stall buffet at the same time as touching down.

If you are unsure about the plane being controllable at low speed, go up to 3-4,000 feet and fly around with gear and flaps down at 100 mph.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.