rwr help

WelshZeCorgi

The way it is now coded, is that a lock of any sort only turns to four lights when it’s pretty close, depending on its power.

It is new, so there might be some bugs or specific radars that might not work correctly, but overall it’s very realistic now. It seems to me that it actually uses the scanning motion of the radar against you, for example I get a slow rate if they are using 2 bars and full azimuth, but if they use narrower azimuth or less bars I get pinged more, so that when you’re pinged should be when the radar scans past you.

Now if you are locked, it should show direction until they are really close, at which point the power overcomes the RWR sensitivity and all sensors are sending max signal to rwr.

That’s atleast how I understand it works now

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The way it is now coded, is that a lock of any sort only turns to four lights when it’s pretty close, depending on its power.

It is new, so there might be some bugs or specific radars that might not work correctly, but overall it’s very realistic now. It seems to me that it actually uses the scanning motion of the radar against you, for example I get a slow rate if they are using 2 bars and full azimuth, but if they use narrower azimuth or less bars I get pinged more, so that when you’re pinged should be when the radar scans past you.

Now if you are locked, it should show direction until they are really close, at which point the power overcomes the RWR sensitivity and all sensors are sending max signal to rwr.

That’s atleast how I understand it works now

What happens if there are numerous radars pointing at you from one direction, i.e. flight of 4 or awacs behind another attacking aircraft? Cause it might ping you a bunch and that would be confusing because you can't tell if one aircraft was really close or several aircraft were far.

I think if you turn "experimental features" on in the special options for the plane, it is supposed to alternate between the 4 lights and a single light showing you the direction when you're launched on, but i've never noticed it. It's a pretty basic RWR. I always assume if all 4 lights are on that theres a good chance theres already a missile in the air.