Tanker Comms Unavailable in mission

hrnet940

Hi Guys and Gals,

I followed the below video to the letter and can't get the F6 selection when I bring up the COMM 1 page. I get F5 ATC and EXIT options only. Am I missing something? I can't refuel if I can't talk to TEXACO and get the hose let out.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Did you build the mission yourself? Is it possible that the plane you put into the mission wasn't given the task of "Refueling"? There are 2 Vikings in the sim, one is a sub hunter and the other is the Tanker. It sounds to me like, if you're not even seeing a tanker in the comms menu, that there isn't one placed in the mission.

Edited by AG-51_Razor
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for giving me a reason for not seeing the Tanker option in COMMS. Where and how do I fix this to get practicing my AAR?

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Thanks a bunch. I already added a CF-18 to start 5 nm behind the S-3B and all works. I will look at this new one later and figure it out. Thanks for the quick help.

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

You were correct, not that I dobted you for a second. I looked at another tanker mission with a KC-130 and found that I failed to set it as tanker. I just ckecked my mission and everything works now. I may upload it for others, but probably not as it is from the video in my opening thread. I may post a picture of what I didn't do so others won't make the same mistake. I do have a fair amount of time at home now that we in the Canadian Forces are ordered to stay home and call this our temporary place of work.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

Here is the vital step that I missed to get my tanker to communicate as a tanker.

1. Left click on your tanker;

2. Ensure that Waypoint 0 is selected in the Waypoint option;

3. Click "EDIT" than "ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS)";

3. Click "ADD" at the bottom next to "INS" selection and the ADD box will pop up;

4. Select "Start Enroute Task" in Type drop down; and

5. Select "Tanker" in the Action drop down and ensure ENABLE TASK box is CHECKED.

The "2. Tanker" should now appear as it does in the photo enclosed and your Tanker is now able to be contacted via comm selection F6.

If I have made any errors in these steps and someone notices them, please feel free to correct my errors in a following post. I am new here and using the Mission Editor.

Thanks,

Wayne

1510865063_TankerSetup-trimmed.thumb.jpg.178008865e756ffdc837a260212044f1.jpg

Wayne Wilson