Hurts my Soul

Flagrum

Isnt the F14 a triumph though? Thats all i hear people talk about The Tommie and the Viper

The F-14 Tomcat is made by Heatblur and NOT Razbam.

The F-14B was very complete when released and has got a good portion of additional updates. Whats missing is the F-14A before it can be called finished.

Heatblur seems alot more professional and dedicated, and also communicates alot more than Razbam (doesn't take much to surpass them in this regard).

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

6 months ago, they said that they have aknowledged their mistakes, that they wanna go full steam to finish all three modules.

No serious updates for the Harrier since 4 months.

Razbam is teasing the Mig-23 on facebook and says that it is "coming along quite nicely".

Build your own opinion.

I can't if I don't even get to see that MiG-23 stuff... rdlaugh.png

Hello RAZBAM, your customers are right here! rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Different teams for the M2000C and Harrier or not, Razbam has simply proven that they are not able to run more than one project at the time, and even that seems hard for them to do with adequite progress,

I agree that EA release shouldn´t happen more than max 1 year before an almost bugfree and feature complete release version is ready.

Paying real money (EA isn´t that cheap either) is not fair for acces to something being as unfinished, for serveral years, as both the M2000C and Harrier are.

Compare and contrast Razbam against an even smaller 3rd party developer in Aviodev. Aviodev have been constantly improving their C-101 trainer over the last 12 months and the communication of that progress has been excellent. I really hope that Razbam will do the same for the Harrier in 2020.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Compare and contrast Razbam against an even smaller 3rd party developer in Aviodev. Aviodev have been constantly improving their C-101 trainer over the last 12 months and the communication of that progress has been excellent. I really hope that Razbam will do the same for the Harrier in 2020.

How springs eternal, however been hearing this the last two years. I judge based on Merit alone. Talk is cheap anymore. It seriously takes only a few min to answer bug reports Every night. Might not get to them all but at least there is a Q &A. Takes only a few min to update the Official website with changelogs (still showing August 4th)

Only takes a few min to engage the community and clean up some logs and admin stuff.

At least Decoy said that they'll continue working on the F-15, Mig23 & etc. in 2020.

Lets see if the Harrier really gets completely finished and becomes bugfree.

Razbam promised that the Mirage, Harrier & Mig-19 will be finished before they work on any other module.

We'll see if that is true.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Last "pre-purchase" plane for me.

Such a a shame because the Harrier (and its role) is such a great plane.

The community is SMALL devs. I guess, when your companies fold you can all get work making Star Wars games and such

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

I would rather get stuff fixed first then put out the new systems. Maybe this is just me and I am ranting because I am at that point again where I need to stop playing the Harrier for a bit.

Same here.

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Razbam doesn't really care about accuracy as much as a DCS-level developer should IMO.

They are happy with stuff that looks ok and works in a similar fashion to how the RL couterpart does, but they seem to have no interest or skills to replicate how things actually work (not referring to classified systems here).

I gave up on the Harrier unfortunately, due to the numerous bugs and especially because things are just "simulated" in the wrong way. A bug is a program error or mistake, but here we have things that are just coded wrong because the devs themselves don't understand hwo they actually work.

Sorry but I can't trust them with anymore complex airframes such as the F-15E. This, as much as the Harrier, deserve a better representation than what Razbam can do.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

At least Decoy said that they'll continue working on the F-15, Mig23 & etc. in 2020.

Lets see if the Harrier really gets completely finished and becomes bugfree.

Razbam promised that the Mirage, Harrier & Mig-19 will be finished before they work on any other module.

We'll see if that is true.

I am afraid their definition of "finished" might differ from yours... :music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Fact is, that the Harrier is bugged all over, missing a lot of things and even more things are done wrong.

So we'll see what kind of definition we'll have to accept.

Would be nice to get a fair and good list of the missing features (not nitpicking ones like "The switch texture is wrong way" but more like "The CCIP system is broken as it gives correct impact point at alternative target altitude without DMT lock" level of features and bugs.

'

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I gave up on the Harrier unfortunately, due to the numerous bugs and especially because things are just "simulated" in the wrong way.

People talk about the missing things, "wrongly simulated" etc. But no one seems to really be able strate directly that what they are really talking about.

A bug is a program error or mistake, but here we have things that are just coded wrong because the devs themselves don't understand hwo they actually work.

A bug is an error that makes program (computer) to work wrong. It can be a user made, or it can be a external (like a fly in a computer) but result is same, syntax error.

Yes, some people should more use word "Wrong" instead "bug", as it is then clear that it is not an error by person but something implemented wrong way.

Same thing is "lacking feature" should be stated that what is exactly missing, instead just repeating "there are many things missing" when no one knows really that what there is missing. If someone knows what is missing, then they very well know how to tell it what is missing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

People talk about the missing things, "wrongly simulated" etc. But no one seems to really be able strate directly that what they are really talking about.

So should I re-write the whole list of bugs and missing features at each post mentioning them?

I don't think so.

Go and check the bug section, you'll find what you're looking for.

Alternatively, I suggest you take the NATOPS and try to follow even just the start-up checklist, there you'll just start to see how many things are not simulated correctly.

Or you could read up on the particular flight carachteristics of the Harrier, especially when hovering, none of which are simulated in the razbam harrier.

Yet Razbam wants to make the F-15E no matter what. I think it's unrealistic and suicidal given the difficulties they still have to deal with the current stuff.

They couldn't finish a plane like the Strike Eagle in a million years I'm afraid to say.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Last "pre-purchase" plane for me.

Such a a shame because the Harrier (and its role) is such a great plane.

The community is SMALL devs. I guess, when your companies fold you can all get work making Star Wars games and such

Seems like all the DCS Modules are Pre-Purchase quality these days...but our dollars go a long way to improve the many, many modules available and the Devs will retire in style for sure.

I heard they updated the Fuel Flow on the Harrier so you don't run out of gas so soon...that's a plus!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here, just a few posts to refresh your memory. Of course they were moved to the "resolved bugs" section even though not a single thing has been fixed/corrected/implemented.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220868

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203105

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220911

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202578

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248457

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222417

Etc.

They couldn't finish a plane like the Strike Eagle in a million years I'm afraid to say.

Agreed, but most of us are not smart enough to stop buying modules that aren't finished for a couple of years, nor do we appreciate the mastery of a few planes, but instead opt for a water'd down proficiency of all the aircraft in the name of arcade fun.

I wish there was a way to Thumbs Up a post instead of replying...I'd Thumbs Up all of you...but we'd better be quiet or externally imposed discipline will come...

Best strategy is to find one or two airplanes you can become an expert in, and master the employment of those weapon systems within the capability parameters allowed within the game engine, module quality, and your own hardware limitations and personal skills.

Enjoy the suck!

Edited by =JUICE=
qu

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So should I re-write the whole list of bugs and missing features at each post mentioning them?

I don't think so.

Go and check the bug section, you'll find what you're looking for.

Alternatively, I suggest you take the NATOPS and try to follow even just the start-up checklist, there you'll just start to see how many things are not simulated correctly.

Or you could read up on the particular flight characteristics of the Harrier, especially when hovering, none of which are simulated in the razbam harrier.

Sorry to run on this thread, but you are very spot on! When we see previous problems that were fixed two updates ago reappear and have to be hotfix patched, we're seeing that the hand off of fixes and span of control has become difficult because there is too much volume in the pipeline and stuff happens...

Project management with teams and a Quality Control person is needed to check fixes and watch out for recurrent bugs that slipped in during a supposed update.

The process needs to be modernized like a money-making company would have to stay in business. Call it growing pains, but I think ED leadership has it in them, they just need to invest in structure and quality to make it happen.

If you build it, they will fly it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]