Caucasus Schematic

Weegie

I'm working on this on & off

Not sure if anybody else is interested.

As I'm hopeless at remembering where all the fields are, have only a single monitor and excellent as Lino's map is, it's just a bit too complex for a quick "on the fly" look at where the fields are relative to each other

So I'm making this, the lines will have distance and headings, possibly runway headings too. The idea is to make something really simple that can be either printed to an A3 sheet or just looked at quickly to give basic info

If anybody has any ideas, criticisms, suggestions or amendments please speak up. If its a success I'll possibly try something similar with Normandy and Nevada

gI3pW0rcsI8cuA3CZB44C3YC0mxUzLfHC6zfi-Cj7OJRgASfBE3TBiKdLgApmzuOaiXLRnD3QSVa4VKkkJrkszDkD_kmt1gqcOsESum4BtIuEOOu2aSf5G3fXWoONcFqYGdJjVwM8_A_X2u4Iq5O859bop3OTZ-k_8XXP79hbQRFSgsyebVc38p4c-5xusyzyoTZ708-gLTl-PzNIXUc8NN1dYfdXYITaBT4CH11G2igDP3Jyp13aCpb8meViqPzfeeUEpm33C-Y-3unL6_bg5gtxraUb3vJXYzO-NLIpNvBAIUJ9t6Ih5dRilGriXT8l-_VfkEQ6b6nX3nXgKKE16fb-Q7mSyhBzIxPQS2RQgWfzEAq7UV3mkrMeE5IPgfBiCYLTHLLDVxQEk3Zg1TVY-8cNeKvlJHRNh0JbOLcTn4-oicRkSpy2jjbpPHRneXiCrideLdh5EwcDkiDRgK_C-iywmKndiHsTC0VeBOA2HBrzKf25CUfsk4ZzXfVi1ueuW5N-gRcFoTiP6oQoi554ARk_4DY9x31vA_kc5MLHvsJIuwRxyaMyKxE9zJacBgXS1biKFoXE3UcNLDnipIcm8iZmbCgU7REDOPeb-U=w1397-h987-no

So for those who don't want to trawl through finding the download (and I cannot blame you)

Here is the link to finding it in the downloads section

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3133796/

Edited by Weegie
Added download link
  • Like 3

Looks interesting and very useful :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If it can be made into portrait, this would make for a very useful Kneeboard page (assuming F10 is turned off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah, I would also love this for the kneeboard in VR actually. Don't know if all info will fit in but would be great.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If it can be made into portrait, this would make for a very useful Kneeboard page (assuming F10 is turned off)

Yeah that is a good idea and the initial idea was for it to be a kneeboard sheet option. I hate the way I have to constantly page all over the kneeboard to get information on geography.

At the moment it's to scale, the fields were taken from Lino's map and then the map was deleted leaving only the field location. I'll use the Mission editor to get headings and distances. It should be easy to make both an imperial and metric version to suit on the aircraft you're flying

Once I have the current version complete then I can abandon the scale and simply have the drawing as a schematic where the distance between the fields are not representative of true distance, but still retain some semblance of how they are related to each other with goal of a kneeboard page in mind

Just reading Franky's last reply too, if I can't get into a page then I'd split it over several, but finding a way to squeeze all that info onto a page is a challenge. Might need to use field codes etc: to reduce clutter.

I'll keep you guys posted it's simple stuff compared with what most of you do, but if it's going to help I'm willing to persevere and spend a bit of time on it

Split it in half and make an East page and a West page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

So here is the first complete attempt. There are probably mistakes, the distances & bearings were taken from Mission Editor so I'm ASS-uming True North. The distances are in Km and all airport info metric for now (until I compile a version in Imperial, Nautical Miles, Ft etc)

So the idea is if flying from one field to another the first bearing read from the departure to the destination is the bearing you fly eg: Anapa to Krymsk you fly 091

Runways have elevations & headings, below that dimensions

This was just to see if anybody had other ideas or wanted something changed

RWkIwfAcEYXV_YBLY-7zKMadMjWg3yP1ojtc9i0iUzpptyClEmIz_-Qc6LeSmX3NE6dphTUkuw4g-m0mdEGKNZEVq07uY5XbLWMvpkQBX5fID-rGjryphJr6nfWPWNAvBHaazKjGB6y6tI9asLt9zQreyhpJw35KLJqX8xuyEZ5_rHH_fq3jbJKSXx2UdLHoBNYPGJgC-d0pGW_eocVwliaejsKkoP8LCkfhsOaABZGZvKHBulexGlRCGfrGbPloyTf-XU-uM1DvEgeg5ymgaw7HFzRCsZ8eZsDrO7pRnL54c5gF51eUJ-HX81L4bpP2XsBqvalIYDrlGcv0jqACfzVZ6QlanRL9qPurmlX5V1hA9KMxcR7gsIrZY8Qk89wutRSI9PNsguqCVDX48_ZPjOsJHEHiDEuBluuGquCwcn83-xQ6D0gaq2wzWJY0HVQg4-pb5S7zSzPPrQTu_klsK5avkSY69eq3iv2x6WpP4dESaKZmSW7oF_-ipgSTQAroEDjWYqntBWXeFuvKQ4ONz1mui-o-OCJiV76FHosrIEqiGXdCrdmJHmIli7aU2gmw8Qli3EwPpCRYv5PJAZ57pvwXimAcxLvguXQEvOw=w1397-h987-no

Edited by Weegie
Changed Image & Added more expalnation
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

yes

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ok you've convinced me

I'll get to work on the Imperial version and put it up in the Downloads section

Give me a few days

I'll update the first post with a link when/if Ed deems it good enough

If not I'll just put up a link in the first post to a Dropbox

Thanks for letting me know

John

Very nice and useful initiative!

Personally, I would use the distance in both km and nautical miles since most western aircraft use the imperial system (with the exception of the Viggen which uses swedish miles) and most russian aircraft use the metric system.

Looks good. Something I would like to see as well is a similar map, but using only the given radio-navigation-aids for navigation. So if an airfield does not have any it either wouldn't be on the map, or is pointed to with the closest navaid.

This would help a lot in navigating to each airfield "properly" using older aircraft.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

You guys are starting to embarrass me

Swedish mile = 10kliks I think so that means it could use the metric version

Charly Owl (how are you & thank you for all the guides)

I could certainly put the nautical miles and the Km on the map for distances so the metric version covers both (to an extent) but runway lengths, widths elevations will only be in metric, otherwise it will end being crowded and I'm trying to avoid that

The imperial version will have imperial only and all elevations lengths etc: in feet

MikeMikeJuliet

I could have a crack at it later or if it's beyond me somebody else can take the Excel Sheet with the airports and butcher it to your requirements, I agree it's a very good idea. If your willing to give me some pointers I'll give it a go though

John