How difflicult can it be?

SandMan23

First let me preface by saying thank you ED for the F16 module and all of the hard work. Kudos as the updates seem to be picking up some breadth, and I am honestly enjoying this little bird much more than I thought.

My question is around external lighting and a centerline tank. Night ops without lights...do I need to say more? And if I recall correctly, I believe Wags last update prior to launch stated the centerline tank was completed. Seems I am feasting or famishing for fuel on missions. Some middle ground (centerline tank) would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lights wont happen until the exterior model is complete.

And no Wags didn't say the centreline tank was complete, he said he hoped it would be complete before launch. Clearly that didn't happen.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Just take a look at the other side… how difficult can it be to stay patient until the F-16 is out of EA status in 2020 or 2021 and take a look after this point?

There is a lot of stuff not working now, and there will be a lot of stuff not working a year ahead… but that does not care. It is no full usable module at the moment and it will get new features and so on within the next months and years… it is not on single ones of us to tell ED which one will appear at which point. If something is missing you will have to wait until it is finished. So easy or difficult it is ;)

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

It gets a bit on my nerves, all of this "when will it be ready?" kind of threads ... so many of them :( ... why so many people purchase early access titlles if they dislike the waiting so much?

I try to elude this type of threads, but sometimes their title are vague and I fell into them without meaning to ... grr.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

why so many people purchase early access titlles if they dislike the waiting so much?

That's the key question right here.

I buy early access as well, but I am fully aware that patience is needed. Just enjoy what you got until the other parts get added/tweaked/completed patch after patch after patch... until it's done. That's what early access is all about. ;)

If you want the "it's done" module instead, don't buy early access.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Guess you can do it quicker? Maybe supply a resume with ED, they maybe able to use your skills.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

That's the key question right here.

I buy early access as well, but I am fully aware that patience is needed. Just enjoy what you got until the other parts get added/tweaked/completed patch after patch after patch... until it's done. That's what early access is all about. ;)

If you want the "it's done" module instead, don't buy early access.

Ditto:thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• ED Team
Wags said "The Centerline tank will be ready this week" 4 or some weeks ago.

As for the lights, they could have been done some time ago, but they decided to finish the model before doing the lights.

I apologize for the mixed signals. At the time, it was our plan. However, we later decided that the damage model was a more urgent matter.

The same artist is working on the skin template, damage model, external lights, wing flex, centerline tank, new animations, and other items. He is working through them as fast as he can.

Thanks

I apologize for the mixed signals. At the time, it was our plan. However, we later decided that the damage model was a more urgent matter.

The same artist is working on the skin template, damage model, external lights, wing flex, centerline tank, new animations, and other items. He is working through them as fast as he can.

Thanks

Even the artist is multi-function multi-role! :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks for the Info Wags!

Cheers!

Regarding how hard can it be...

Well geez its not like there is 20 or more Accurate Modern Combat Flight Sims out there ;)

So I believe its definitely NOT easy ;) No part or feature or tiny detail is "easy" ;)

Thanks

Thanks to this dude for the hard work.

Much love

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

I don't know what's worse, people complaining about what's missing in early access or people complaining about the people complaining. Ok, I'm not complaining!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Just imagine what the rest 124 programmers might have on their plate..

workers.jpg

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't know what's worse, people complaining about what's missing in early access or people complaining about the people complaining. Ok, I'm not complaining!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think the complaints are due to the surprise of how early access the F-16 seems to be. ED with the Hornet and Heatblur with the Tomcat set a certain standard that the F-16 has fallen well short of.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I think the complaints are due to the surprise of how early access the F-16 seems to be. ED with the Hornet and Heatblur with the Tomcat set a certain standard that the F-16 has fallen well short of.

That's a really good point.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals