Bearing between waypoints

QVidal

Hi all!

Is there a way to know the bearing or track between two waypoints?

Suppose I am navigating from WP0 to WP1. I want to program my Harpoons to fly to WP2 and follow the course to WP3. How can I know this track before being actually flying from WP2 to WP3?

So far I can find an approximation by setting the HSI to North Up and looking at the line in the sequence (this could be easier if I could slew the map, but I coudn't get the SLEW to work).

I was wondering if there is some flight plan info page with information such as track and distance between waypoints.

Thanks

Hi all!

Is there a way to know the bearing or track between two waypoints?

Suppose I am navigating from WP0 to WP1. I want to program my Harpoons to fly to WP2 and follow the course to WP3. How can I know this track before being actually flying from WP2 to WP3?

So far I can find an approximation by setting the HSI to North Up and looking at the line in the sequence (this could be easier if I could slew the map, but I coudn't get the SLEW to work).

I was wondering if there is some flight plan info page with information such as track and distance between waypoints.

Thanks

yes, there is a quite easy way:

1.) select the WP2

2.) select HSI on a DDI and use the course (CRS-switch on the top right of the MPCD) to draw a course line that points from WP2 to WP3.

As soon as the line points from WP2 to WP3 your course for the HARPOON is in the right lower corner of the HSI ("CSEL").

(you can use WP3 too, but make sure the the arrow still points towards WP3 when you have the line from WP3 to WP2)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Thank you Tom.

What you propose seems more like a workaround, but it will provide an exact course. Will try that.

Somewhere in the menus must be the information about distances and courses of the sequence, the aircraft has this data and it is useful for the pilot.

Somewhere in the menus must be the information about distances and courses of the sequence, the aircraft has this data and it is useful for the pilot.

To the best of my knowledge: there is no such information available on the applicble, navigation-related DDI pages.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I'm pretty sure you don't have to have the bearings and distances between waypoints saved in your FMS to be RNAV capable, as you can see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_navigation#Functional_requirements

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H