Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?

Ziptie

Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?

• Yes
    • No

Rather than pretending the OB is not an OB, what they should do is put in f*ck off big letters on the OB splash screen a message reminding people that it is an OB, will have bugs, may occasionally introduce bugs with new features, and make them click an "OK, I understand" button every time the OB launches.

A message to the effect of: "If I find a bug, I agree to report it, not complain about it" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

:megalol:

Exactly...

I honestly used to play SP on stable and only switched to beta after the F14 was released because I couldn't wait. And really most of the time OB has been fine. Yes, once in a while a plane breaks, so I just fly a different one and wait for it to be debuggered. But I'm fully cognizant of the fact that OB has bugs, sometimes game breaking ones (those get fixed quick).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thought about it, does it require another install? If so, can I just copy and paste current logbook, missions/campaigns, etc over to it?

Seems it’s a 50/50 on my original post, which was the purpose of this thread - but I know these can get derailed quite often on forums. 50/50 as well, but I am always happy to try and assist in fixing things (as noted by the discovery of the one true issue that is causing the CCIP issue - WYPTDSG - despite what some others have reported or thought).

I have relatively limited time to access DCS with real life stuff, so I have allotted my time to DCS

rather than a “certain racing sim” to get some practice ahead of things to come....

Cheers,

Don

At least with steam I can just click which one I want to have installed, so switching is fairly easy, it D/L's a bunch of files so it does take a bit of time to do, but relatively problem free when I've done it (not often). I imagine the DCS updater version is similar.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

:megalol:

Exactly...

I honestly used to play SP on stable and only switched to beta after the F14 was released because I couldn't wait. And really most of the time OB has been fine. Yes, once in a while a plane breaks, so I just fly a different one and wait for it to be debuggered. But I'm fully cognizant of the fact that OB has bugs, sometimes game breaking ones (those get fixed quick).

I bought the 14 as well, but don't have rudder pedals and she certainly doesn't like my lack of having that peripheral. Owning the 10C, 18C and 14B (aside from FC3) - my option is limited to going back to the "old faithful" Warthog in times like these - but that is somewhat counter productive for me personally.

At least with steam I can just click which one I want to have installed, so switching is fairly easy, it D/L's a bunch of files so it does take a bit of time to do, but relatively problem free when I've done it (not often). I imagine the DCS updater version is similar.

Thanks, I will investigate options when I am able to get more time in with DCS.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Sorry I meant that makes the open beta de facto the normal (as of non beta, non special) version.

should have used the word stable...

And because I am getting pms about people spilling coffee laughing allready, I am not saying anything about no bugs allowed etc, blabla.

Hi all

We wont be removing the Walleye, problems happen during early access and it is why we use the beta build to help test for problems in a larger testing environment.

If you want to help, make bug reports with a short track showing the issues and we will get to them.

Currently investigating TOO / PP modes and WPDSG

thanks

Thanks for the follow up regarding the bug, and being able to reproduce it. Hope things can get sorted out soon for everyone.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253374

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

A matter of choice

I think one of the most awesome things about DCS World is having the ability to choose what we want and when we want it. The majority of the time we have these choices at our disposal, whether it be in the ME or a particular Loadout that will best suit our ultimate goal towards our mission successes. This is a really cool thing you know and something we shouldn’t take for granted. So, after a few hours of trying out the Walleye in a few different scenarios, me thinks would much rather unleash one of those AGM154 glide beauties or a Mav or some nice GBU iron. Hey we can’t fit all the weapons under our wings right!? And why get hung up on something just cause it’s new? Anyway, I think my Walleye is going to sit in the Weapons Depot for quite a while yet. Just my choice.. just saying.

Peace, out :thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I think one of the most awesome things about DCS World is having the ability to choose what we want and when we want it. The majority of the time we have these choices at our disposal, whether it be in the ME or a particular Loadout that will best suit our ultimate goal towards our mission successes. This is a really cool thing you know and something we shouldn’t take for granted. So, after a few hours of trying out the Walleye in a few different scenarios, me thinks would much rather unleash one of those AGM154 glide beauties or a Mav or some nice GBU iron. Hey we can’t fit all the weapons under our wings right!? And why get hung up on something just cause it’s new? Anyway, I think my Walleye is going to sit in the Weapons Depot for quite a while yet. Just my choice.. just saying.

Peace, out :thumbup:

Indeed that is a nice luxury. And when the hangar gets built big enough to have multiple airframe choices, it can make almost anything a non-issue if trouble arises.

I also agree on this particular tool for the Hornet and what will most likely be it's storage location for my personal use.

Hoping for a resolution for some of the current issues as of recent for the Hornet and to get a bit more virtual flight time in before going AFK for some time.

Cheers,

Don

I imagine the DCS updater version is similar.

It literally is one command and a few megs of delta download.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It literally is one command and a few megs of delta download.

Copy. I’ll use google to search for that step as it looks like I might be able to get another session in tomorrow thankfully.

Cheers,

Don

Copy. I’ll use google to search for that step as it looks like I might be able to get another session in tomorrow thankfully.

Take this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Or this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Thanks, looks like the first of those two options is the more likely as I have not acquired the “app” referenced in the second. Thanks for the quick assist.

Cheers,

Don

The app is free and you can download it in the 2nd thread. Still: the command is easy to use.