Any way to start learning?

Noface

Read the NATOPS manual, helps you get an idea of how all the systems work and a run down on basic Operating procedures.

Yep, that would be a good place to start:thumbup:

F-18 NATOPS Flight Manuals

There is a good video in my post HERE about carrier landing patterns.

I've also added the corrections under the video by neofightr, a retired f18 pilot.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

In the last Hornet mini-update from Wags (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3302766&postcount=17), he mentions the start up video being released soon. I know that I am looking forward to this as a way of learning the start up procedure.

+1 Wag's Hornet videos are incredibly well done, exceptionally detailed. His F-18C start up video will surely be his latest must watch DCS Hornet video.

Hi,

Is there any good way to start learning the f-18 sistems of the f18? This way, whan it comes out i could already have all the knowllege needed to fly it. :helpsmilie:

You can find the complete manual, including the performances, on Avialogs (performance charts are missing in the NATOPS version):

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/fa-18hornet/3724a1-f18ac-nfm-000flightmanualnavymodelfa-18abcd.html

It's a long read :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

You can find the complete manual, including the performances, on Avialogs (performance charts are missing in the NATOPS version):

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnelldouglas/fa-18hornet/3724a1-f18ac-nfm-000flightmanualnavymodelfa-18abcd.html

It's a long read :)

Anyone have a link to this that isn't behind a paywall?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

In what comes to performance data, the Avialogs document is the only one shareable for the C-model I quickly figure. But it refers into a -400-engine instead of -402. For ballpark figures certainly fine, but I'm not sure of the actual difference that would make into specific graphs.

As I said, this version (already linked above) doesn't have the performance charts. But that's not mandatory of course.

In what comes to performance data, the Avialogs document is the only one shareable for the C-model I quickly figure. But it refers into a -400-engine instead of -402. For ballpark figures certainly fine, but I'm not sure of the actual difference that would make into specific graphs.

Good point!

EDIT: but did they actually confirm they were using that version in the DCS model?

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Anyone have a link to this that isn't behind a paywall?

By looking for A1-F18AC-NFM-200, you may be able to find the performance document. For example here, but I haven't checked it. And it's apparently for a slightly different model.

Good point!

EDIT: but did they actually confirm they were using that version in the DCS model?

For graphs accuracy, that would be AoK, for what I know off. :) But I recall the -402 engine was mentioned in Matt's video. I'm sure the few remaining points of importance are noted.

For graphs accuracy, that would be AoK, for what I know off. :) But I recall the -402 engine was mentioned in Matt's video. I'm sure the few remaining points of importance are noted.

Good to know, thanks! :)