TOP GUN 2017 by TAW - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #131
=Buckeye=

Definitely easier to keep visual with TIR vs VR HMD. Better resolution and longer visibility, plus you can check your 6 while barely rotating your head instead of having to fully turn around in your seat with VR.

No doubt that TIR is advantageous for this arena. Still, VR is a better experience. Gotta pick your poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Order:
Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Halls Sensors and Otto switches

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #132
FLANKERATOR

I just tried VR last week for the first time, same thing happened when I first tried TIR... I can't go back...VR is absolutely mind blowing!

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.
FLANKERATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #133
Colmillo

Yeah!! I am agree, but in Tournament is a disadvantage, unless everyone use VR...
Thanks both Buckeye and Flankerator for comments.

MB Gigabite GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 1.0 INTEL CORE I7 6700K 4.00 NO COOLER, I love danger...
(Just Kidding H115i) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM 64 SSD 1T ThrustMaster HOTAS
Warthog Oculus Rift (thanks to KORIEL advice) Saitek Pro Rudder
Colmillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #134
FLANKERATOR

the SA Rankings have been updated to include Top Gun 2017 with Kapsu taking over top spot and finishing off the 2017 season as year-end#1!

Have a look at the main breakthroughs and achievements in this last After Action Report of the 2017 season!

We are going to take a festive break but competition will come back soon in 2018! Happy holiday everyone

Top Gun 2017 AAR-------->http://sa-sim.com/top-gun-2017-kapsu-takes-over/

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.
FLANKERATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 AM   #135
biselvon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmillo View Post
Yeah!! I am agree, but in Tournament is a disadvantage, unless everyone use VR...
Thanks both Buckeye and Flankerator for comments.
I think it is all up to personal preference....

I use the Oculus and for me that is much easier to fly with compare to TrackIR. With TIR i always feel a bit off, however with VR i always seem to be much more there, and fly way better...

So, its a personal thing IMO.
biselvon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
taw, the art of warfare, top gun, top gun 2017