LUFTWAFFE & ROYAL AIR FORCE SQUARE OFF IN A GRUDGE MATCH! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-02-2017, 01:56 AM   #1
FLANKERATOR

Reputation power: 63
FLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to behold
Default LUFTWAFFE & ROYAL AIR FORCE SQUARE OFF IN A GRUDGE MATCH!

The Grudge Match Series is coming back for another epic battle in DCS World!

This time around, Hook will take you to the heart of a 6v6 epic aerial battle that will oppose the recently released Spitfire backed by the P-51 Mustang to Luftwaffe’s dreaded Me109 and Fw190.

This epic match will take place in the Caucasus map but will celebrate the upcoming release of the eagerly awaited Normandy map for DCS World as each member of the winning team will walk away with a free copy of this amazing Terrain, generously provided by DCS creators, Eagle Dynamics!

We are very proud to have Eagle Dynamics on board as an official sponsor and we will do our very best to provide our viewers with an action-packed showdown on Saturday, February 18th from 1900z live on Twitch!

As in the previous Grudge Match, both teams will be sharing one common target area so the main task for all contestants will be to attack enemy assets while protecting friendly ground troops.

Read more here: http://sa-sim.com/luftwaffe-royal-ai...-grudge-match/

PILOT APPLICATION
Pilot applications can now be submitted using the following format:

- PILOT CALLSIGN (as it appears on Burning Skies Pilot Stats Webpage)
- PILOT NATIONALITY
- PILOT LOCATION (country and city)
- SQUADRON NAME (Put Lonewolf if not affiliated to any)
- SQUADRON WEBSITE (If applicable)
- WARBIRDS I OWN AND CAN PROFICIENTLY FLY (in order of preference - make sure you include all WWII modules that you own and can fly because we have limited slots so if your number one choice is overbooked, we could grant you your second choice - if you can't fly another module beside your first choice, then we will move to the next person who can)

AVAILABLE SLOTS
  • Will be granted based on the results from Burning Skies' A2A Pilot Stats on February 11th, 2017
  • We will operate a Reserve list in case somebody pulls out, so post your application even if you have not made it into the top 12 during the qualification round.

- 4 X Spitfire LF Mk. IX
- 2 X P-51D Mustang
- 4 X Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst
- 2 X Fw 190 D-9 Dora

Alright guys, here is the roster for GM4!
I have tried to keep people from the same squadron together and thanks to the flexibility of most contestants, it was possible to achieve that.

All contestants will receive a PM shortly to which you're invited to respond asap so that I can send you to Hook for the briefing etc.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

Last edited by FLANKERATOR; 02-13-2017 at 12:04 AM.
FLANKERATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:15 AM   #2
TurboRUSH

Reputation power: 4
TurboRUSH will become famous soon enoughTurboRUSH will become famous soon enough

Hey Flankerator,

This is going to be awesome event! The merit based participation is a great idea.

Sadly, I won't be back home until next Wednesday so I highly doubt I will be able to make any impression on the Burning Skies server stats. I'll definitely watch the stream !

S!
TurboRUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
FLANKERATOR

Reputation power: 63
FLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to beholdFLANKERATOR is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Turbo! you're such a class act, sir.

You may want to give it a go, I suspect not everyone will be available to fly on that Saturday so with a bit if luck, you may well snatch a seat. Either way, I'll see you on D-Day!

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.
FLANKERATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
OperatorJack

Reputation power: 2
OperatorJack will become famous soon enoughOperatorJack will become famous soon enough

Looks to be skewed in the Luftwaffe's favour but that's a DCS problem more than anything. Could be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:42 AM   #5
Hook47

Reputation power: 8
Hook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and of course thank Eagle Dynamics, our new sponsor for this awesome event, and again my partner Flankerator for getting the ball rolling and his instrumental help! This is totally new territory for the GM Series, but it will be action packed and exciting! I'll be opening an announcement thread for discussion of the event in the "Multiplayer" forum this weekend, so we can focus on registration or questions for Flankerator/SA-SIM.COM in this thread if that works for all of you fine folks

Looking forward to an awesome event!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
Stuge

Reputation power: 6
Stuge has a spectacular aura aboutStuge has a spectacular aura aboutStuge has a spectacular aura aboutStuge has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys, how are server stats taken into account? KD ratio, flight time, or a combination of some kind? If I were to compete for a spot, I would need to know the rules

S!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
impeller

Reputation power: 0
impeller is on a distinguished road

So nice to see good pilots throwing around the machines

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
impeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
apocom

Reputation power: 3
apocom will become famous soon enoughapocom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuge View Post
Hey guys, how are server stats taken into account? KD ratio, flight time, or a combination of some kind? If I were to compete for a spot, I would need to know the rules

S!
http://burning-skies.vioo.com.ua/en/#faq

Unfortunatly the server has a bit of downtime and problems updating the ranking.
apocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #9
showtime817th

Reputation power: 10
showtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the rough

(A/229) SHOWTIME
American
USA Portland, OR.
229th 1stCavDiv http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/
Spitfire,P-51D,Bf-109 and Dora
Old 02-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
9./JG27 DavidRed+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice9./JG27 DavidRed is just really nice

• 9./JG27 DavidRed
  • Austrian
  • Austria, Vienna
  • 9. Jagdgeschwader 27
  • no website
  • i have them all, but 109 would be my ride of choice
9./JG27 DavidRed is offline   Reply With Quote