CCIP Gun Reticle/Cross MRC

Doughboy

I'm trying to wrap my head around this Minimum Range Cue and I could use some clarification. As I understand it the MRC really is a Minimum Altitude cue yes? It starts moving 5-seconds from you busting whatever MIN-ALT you have set for the gun. I've played around with it and it seems to rely solely on MSL. Near sea level, it is pretty damn close to where I want to be but if I head up in the mountains I can fly into the ground without it moving off the top clamped position. Am I doing this correctly and am I interpreting my results correctly? Does the MRC only compare your inputted MIN-ALT to MSL and not DTS Elevation or RAD-ALT? Is this the proper behavior of the MRC function?

• Like 1

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sure it's in MSL. Aircraft systems usually are. You might be able to switch it to AGL somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Unfortunately, I'd have to tell you to look at the manual. I looked at the IFFCC section and found no answers.

I've never really relied on the MRC much myself, the ground rapidly filling my canopy has always been enough of a deterrent against further descent that I don't really need Betty complaining in my ear.:music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...