Poland 1989 military maps - complete collection

Shaman

Hi,

I hope this post may help in future some developer.

I used to stash collection of Poland's late 80-ties military maps 1:50000 in hard prints, however they are available online in easily accessible database.

General Staff of the Polish Armed Forces issued maps.

COMPLETE SET FOR DOWNLOAD INCLUDING RAW DATA:

http://www.3fun.pl/mapa/index.php?download=n-33-130-b

I would recommend downloading everything before it is gone from Internet.

examples:

Mapa-Legnica.jpg

n-33-130-d.jpg

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

A word of caution for the hypothetical future devs, though. These might be military maps, but made rather for ground forces only, as I've noticed all military airbases are mysteriously missing :D...

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes, these were always removed on these maps from 80-ties, in case these maps were obtained by the enemy. However information on most of these airbases exist today either active or rotting away and can be easily located with their runway and taxiways design. If you need it, contact me.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this a NATO style MGRS gridmap, or Soviet Warsaw Pact version. The lack of English notations is obvious. I recall, from training, the two being similar, but not identical. Soviet maps always used elevation as terrain feature name. NATO MGRS was not so strict. Both NATO and WP published maps in both variations, but NATO MGRS grids was always used for directing fire and movement , on NATO side.

Cold War Europe map, that's idea!. From Paris to Minsk, Palermo to Oslo :pilotfly:, all airfields, SAM instalations, military units........ .:joystick:

1 TB dreamer ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I wouldn't say that. Game technologies are developing fast.

Have a look at Star Citizen for example. They're trying to have a whole individual universe.

And as long as Munich and its traffic is not rendering while you depart from Oslo or Paris, it's just HDD, sorry, SDD space...

I would totally vote for bigger maps. I even would love to have the Crimea back, but extend it by at least the Caspian sea to the east and Turkey to the south.

At some point you still have jet fuel but the map gets flat :/

But late Cold War Europe would be awesome. I hope the theatre for the F-14 will be Island, northern Europe and a part of Russia.

I just remember them saying it's going to be something with a lot of water and it will be cold. Could be Bering sea as well...

Alias in Discord: Mailman