Installed everything fresh 1.2.0.0 crash crash crash [WORKAROUND FOUND]

Milene

Hello,

I just have installed DCS World and BS 2. After downloading and installing the training missions the DCS world crashes every time to the desktop when I want to start a training mission.

Instant action works fine.

Any idea?

Win7 64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX460

Hello,

I just have installed DCS World and BS 2. After downloading and installing the training missions the DCS world crashes every time to the desktop when I want to start a training mission.

Instant action works fine.

Any idea?

Win7 64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX460

Try de-installing and reinstalling the x86 and x64 C++ 2010 versions that are in Nate's bio as well a the directx package. Make sure thereare the only C++ installed. When i have C++ 2005 or 2008 with it installed, the client crashes too.

Give your hardware fresh and latest drivers, even when there is no newer version and the installer is on your computer, just re-download. Windows updated fully updated afterwards.

Try de-installing and reinstalling the x86 and x64 C++ 2010 versions that are in Nate's bio as well a the directx package. Make sure thereare the only C++ installed. When i have C++ 2005 or 2008 with it installed, the client crashes too.

Give your hardware fresh and latest drivers, even when there is no newer version and the installer is on your computer, just re-download. Windows updated fully updated afterwards.

Ok, I uninstalled all the prev. C++ versions and reinstalled the x86 and x64 C++ 2010. All driver is up to date.

Same error...

And now also some other application cant run due to missing C++ library...so I think this is maybe not the proper way to solve this issue... :)

Ok, I uninstalled all the prev. C++ versions and reinstalled the x86 and x64 C++ 2010. All driver is up to date.

Same error...

And now also some other application cant run due to missing C++ library...so I think this is maybe not the proper way to solve this issue... :)

Wish I had seen your post earlier than this. See this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91664. Scroll about half way down to where I present the same problem. The folder rename took care of it, since it forced the sim to create a new folder for the data.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Wish I had seen your post earlier than this. See this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91664. Scroll about half way down to where I present the same problem. The folder rename took care of it, since it forced the sim to create a new folder for the data.

Rich

Rich,

Thanks for the hint. I did the rename, but sadly the situatation remains the same :(

Rich,

Thanks for the hint. I did the rename, but sadly the situatation remains the same :(

Just reread your issue and realized I had seen this: HotFix. Have you installed this?

Lerxster, Sorry. I'm too new to this sim myself to be of much help beyond passing on what I've seen elsewhere. I don't have CA yet myself and my own installation of World & the A-10 went smoothly. I guess one question, though, would be, if you only install DCS World, will that start?

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I just had a look on this HotFix, but to be honest I do not understand how should I apply it.

In the description it talks about the training vids...the vids are installed automatically by executing the downloaded exe.

In the zip of the HotFix there are 3 subfolders which has nothing to do with the vids...so if you know what to do with this HotFix than I would give a try :)

Thanks,

Tibor

I just had a look on this HotFix, but to be honest I do not understand how should I apply it.

In the description it talks about the training vids...the vids are installed automatically by executing the downloaded exe.

In the zip of the HotFix there are 3 subfolders which has nothing to do with the vids...so if you know what to do with this HotFix than I would give a try :)

Thanks,

Tibor

Unzip it and dump the "Sounds" folder directly into your main DCS folder.

EDIT: Just want to add that there already is a "Sounds" folder in your main DCS directory. The hotfix is the same one but contains corrected versions of files that are in the various subfolders. I'm not knowledgeable about what the files do but I suspect they control which or how various sounds, etc are played. So...unzip the hotfix and put that Sound folder in your main DCS directory. The files will go where they need to go.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

_____

Unzip it and dump the "Sounds" folder directly into your main DCS folder.

EDIT: Just want to add that there already is a "Sounds" folder in your main DCS directory. The hotfix is the same one but contains corrected versions of files that are in the various subfolders. I'm not knowledgeable about what the files do but I suspect they control which or how various sounds, etc are played. So...unzip the hotfix and put that Sound folder in your main DCS directory. The files will go where they need to go.

Rich

Thanks a lot for your support, this HotFix solved the problem.

However I just have recognized these are simple vids...:megalol:

Thanks a lot for your support, this HotFix solved the problem.

However I just have recognized these are simple vids...:megalol:

:) Well, at least we fixed the problem. However, I guess it didn't really need fixing after all, since you could easily watch them outside the sim. :)

Rich

_____

The HotFix works for you as well?

Unfortunately, his was a completely different issue. So I doubt it would have any effect.

Rich

_____

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I think i have solved the Problem, for me worked this:

I had activated my Serial manually go directly to <yourHDD>:\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\x86_64\CombinedArms_protect.exe (i have an x64 OS)

AND THEN

i have to RENAME the file: G:\DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\bin\x86_64\CombinedArms.dll (CombinedArms1.dll was my choice)

I think you havent to activate CA if your done so far. But Rename IS necessary.

I tryed to rename back and it Crashes again. So i have renamed also again. It works fine for me

Please let me know if this works for someone :)

• 2 weeks later...