Couple of questions about TM Warthog (and Vkb/Virpil)

So I just bought myself a TM Warthog and was looking at custom plates for the throttle base for when I am flying something other than an A-10C....and I found some high quality ABS printed versions for around £40 but I was wondering if anyone had created printable blanks that I can print on a standard printer?

Secondly, whilst we do have a good selection of grips for planes like the F-14, F-16 and F-18 I was wondering if anyone was making custom grips from actual flight sticks or replicas?

I would love to have a grip from a Phantom for when DCS eventually release their Phantom...I know the old TM Mk1 FCS is based on a phantom but its not a modern solution

Have a look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160114&highlight=x-fighter&page=12

The old B-08 grip was used in a whole lot of planes like A-10a, F-15a, F-4, Uh-1 and many more. The Thrustmaster X-Fighter is a 1:1 replica while the other Thrustmaster B-08 style grips like Topgun and FCS are around 80% smaller for little kids gamer hands.

The Virpil WarBRD grip is not a 1:1 replica, but very close to the B-08 grip.

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-warbrd-grip.html

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

My question is--where the heck did you get a Warthog from??!! Some of us have been trying for months and there are none to be found!

That's why I got way over the retail price when I recently sold my 2 year old set on eBay! :)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I ordered my Warthog a few weeks ago straight from Thrustmaster

That Virpil grip is good but its not 100% accurate...I will get if if I cant find anything more accurate.

I would rather have something new rather than try to modify an old stick, hence why I asked if anyone was making them

Edited by The_Chugster

Warthog already have an "F-16" grip, what he lack is an... A-10C grip, that don't have "paddle" lever on grip. ;)

The Warthog grip is a mix of F-16 and A-10 grip. A-10 has no paddle switch on the grip, while the F-16 has a totally different angle than the warthog and is more tilted forward. Wich is the reason why Realsimulator offers an F16 angle adaptor for the Warthog grip when used with their FSSB R3 base. If you want a grip that has the correct shape of the F-16 grip, you have to go with Realsimulator.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

The Warthog grip is a mix of F-16 and A-10 grip. A-10 has no paddle switch on the grip, while the F-16 has a totally different angle than the warthog and is more tilted forward. Wich is the reason why Realsimulator offers an F16 angle adaptor for the Warthog grip when used with their FSSB R3 base. If you want a grip that has the correct shape of the F-16 grip, you have to go with Realsimulator.

Just bear in mind the tilted joy combines great with a reclined seat like the actual viper seat, otherwise your wrist will be at a funny angle for no reason.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Debolestos also offers tilted necks for the Hog grip, their labelled Tailpieces in the store. They are not cheap if you need one in metal but more reasonable in plastic.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/debolestis

I use this one and really like it

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MMJ88HH2S/thrustmaster-tailpiece-13-deg-ang-15-deg-off-m?optionId=59460400&li=shops

Not condradicting what you say just pointing out there are options if you want to angle the grip