Suggestion for input joystick default.lua

Hi there ,

I have been replacing this line in every default lua file

for the F16

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('SPD BRK Slider - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('X56'), _('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

and for the F18

{ down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Slide - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('X56'), _('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

While this is an easy fix for me... its also annoying as every time there is an update I have to go in and replace these lines again.. due to them having to be in the mods/input folder of the main dcs install. I have tried to use them in the save games folder but this does nothing even when teh folder structure is identical..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

What does it do? Open the speedbreak only while one button is held?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

You could always use OvGME to keep the file as a mod and just deactivate before updating, and then reactivate it after the update.

Also there should be a copy of it in x:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World or x:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta after you update DCS, it should be in the _backup.xxx file from when you ran the update.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

• 5 months later...

Is this command still working for you? I found a similar command on another thread that did not have the X56 in the line, but worked.

One thing that did not clue in for me was:

-After MOD is installed you will see a new Action added in your CONTROL OPTIONS for Airbrake and or Speed Brake or something similar.

EDIT: Thanks to the suggestion from this thread I managed to make similar updates to the default.lua of: C-101CC, C-101EB, F86F and F5E.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added details.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Yeah im also searching for an solution to this. I have some other commands to enable Laser Arm and Refuel Probe Switch beeing controlled by some switches on the Warthog but the problem is the same. Redo it on every Update even if there is no Change in the default.lua at all.

Im using Winmerge to add my lines again. On the positive side i will see it first hand if there are new commands available. But some more Generic approach would be nice.

But thats a General Problem or better, Feature Request for DCS World and not F-16 specific.

So i suggest moving this Thread to the related Area in the Forums.