VRS Intellivibe with 1.2.3

Spent entirely too much time trying to get this to work.. I get nothing at all unless I have the Audio Sense slider turned up. That means I am not gettting Intelivibe, so something is not right. Tried everything I could think of.

Too many things on my plate for now.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mhh ... I thought it would be a heavy part to get new DCSW running with Helios and the TFS3 but it was just one file:

As described by Manuel , place a copy of the Export.lua to

Go to Game directory/scripts and copy export.lua

Paste it in Game directory/config/export/export.lua

Create a new folder in USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS named "Scripts"

Copy again export.lua in that specific folder.

I just took my old export.lua, copied it to this palces and it works from the scratch .. I was wondering myself !!

You can find my export.lua here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1660968&postcount=145

Try it, supports TFS3 and Helios.

Edited by TomDK

Hi Tom, thanks.

I've owned this for a long time and it has worked before. There is something deeper going on than the export lua.

If I recall right, it stopped working when I installed a previous TFS3 Panel update and hasn't seemed correct since.

Oh, placing the oneliner export.lua in the Saved Games\...\DCS\Scripts\ folder stops Helios from working. Helios needs an export.lua in that folder too. This is not why my TFS3 does not work though, as it won't work either way.

Edited by JG14_Smil

just add the one line to your helios ++ export.lua file. they say at the beginning ..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Hi JG14_Smil,

Open your device manager and check the driver version for the TFS3. It should be version 1.2.6 for the latest releases of the control panel. We updated the driver in the one of the last few releases and if your driver is the older version (1.2.0), you will need to update it. The driver files are installed under the main program folder. Just hit update driver and point it to the "../Program Files/VRF/TFS3 Control Panel/Drivers" folder and it should update your driver.

I'll check back soon to see how it goes.

P.S. We revamped the signup process for our forums. If you had trouble signing up in the past, please give it another go.

Rob

Edited by intellivibe

P.S. We revamped the signup process for our forums. If you had trouble signing up in the past, please give it another go.

Rob

Hi Rob

I still get error 500 after filling out the form :music_whistling:

I try to register on the forums for over 1 year.

Pls. recheck ... thank you !

Tom

Rob, I hope you get a minute or two to read this...

I've been spending time working with the TFS3 ivibe settings and I am enjoying it very much! It is exciting to learn how to isolate and fine tune my setup and I am finally getting some effect simlar to my TFS2.

I have some feedback/suggestions for you. I hope you don't mind me posting it here as I cannot take the red fonts at the Ivibe site. :)

The "Plane: Telemetry Translator" allows you to edit input units of the sim (like km/hr, but the rest of the settings default to knots). It would be nice if the units were the same across the board to match the sim once edited.

Cars use three axis, but planes need four. Please add a way to add my Rx axis for yaw.

Collision modeling starts at 6Gs and there is no way to change this(?). We are missing out on a lot of tactile feedback if we must overcome 6 Gs for an effect to take place.

thanks. TFS3 is like a whole new ballgame with my WIP file.

ADDED LATER

More suggestions. DataSpy window should be re-sizable. A Helo specific Ivibe routine needs to be created. I see DataSpy is seeing input from my collective that should be making fine changes, but isn't.

DataSpy reads the runway surface as "23", running onto the grass changes this to "0". Ivibe sees it all as "Current Surface: Ground" and no other ground textures can be used. Please consider this fix in updated versions of TFS CP.

Edited by JG14_Smil

It is impossible to make a collision effect by dropping the helo onto a runway. Collisions are only triggered by front/rear G forces.

Easy to see that TFS is designed for car simulation. Even the current 'plane' Ivibe settings are limited by this. There needs to be changes made to optimize for planes and even more so for helicopters. It is not easy to make a Porche feel like a helicopter :)

The "Plane: Telemetry Translator" allows you to edit input units of the sim (like km/hr, but the rest of the settings default to knots). It would be nice if the units were the same across the board to match the sim once edited.

Have you updated to the latest version? There is a preset dropdown at the top of the translator window. Just choose DCS World and your good to go.

Cars use three axis, but planes need four. Please add a way to add my Rx axis for yaw.

We take in six axes worth of data. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for though. Do you want an effect when you are flying sideways?

Collision modeling starts at 6Gs and there is no way to change this(?). We are missing out on a lot of tactile feedback if we must overcome 6 Gs for an effect to take place.

Forces less than 6Gs are rendered by the appropriate axis' G-Force algorithm. The collision algorithm is reserved for large crashes, and has an appropriately large effect. The car does have a vertical G Force algorithm, but the plane and helicopter do not yet. We will get that in as soon as possible.

More suggestions. DataSpy window should be re-sizable. A Helo specific Ivibe routine needs to be created. I see DataSpy is seeing input from my collective that should be making fine changes, but isn't.

DataSpy reads the runway surface as "23", running onto the grass changes this to "0". Ivibe sees it all as "Current Surface: Ground" and no other ground textures can be used. Please consider this fix in updated versions of TFS CP.

Yes, a helo routine is coming as well. We need a few more data points for things like the rotor rpm, and a few other things to finish the helo routine.

The runway surface is a bug! I'll add that to our bug tracker.

We are currently working on a release for Audiosense. We expect it to be out in a few weeks. We will address these issues in the release after that. Audiosense is a fairly large release, but fixing those issues won't take long after that is out of the way.

I'm happy you're enjoying your TFS3 again :)

Rob

Edited by intellivibe

Have you updated to the latest version? There is a preset dropdown at the top of the translator window. Just choose DCS World and your good to go.

You miss the point. Even after doing so, the Intellivibe gauges still read in knots and do not change. It would be helpful if they were in the same units as the displayed Translator settings I choose.

We take in six axes worth of data. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for though. Do you want an effect when you are flying sideways?

Yes, it is a helicopter. I just want my rudder pedals to do something in my TFS file. Just thinking out loud... :)

Forces less than 6Gs are rendered by the appropriate axis' G-Force algorithm. The collision algorithm is reserved for large crashes, and has an appropriately large effect. The car does have a vertical G Force algorithm, but the plane and helicopter do not yet. We will get that in as soon as possible. ?

Yes, a helo routine is coming as well. We need a few more data points for things like the rotor rpm, and a few other things to finish the helo routine.

We are currently working on a release for Audiosense. We expect it to be out in a few weeks. We will address these issues in the release after that. Audiosense is a fairly large release, but fixing those issues won't take long after that is out of the way.

I'm happy you're enjoying your TFS3 again :)

Rob

Thanks for all your work! I'm glad I was able to help find a bug and will keep my eyes open for more. I am starting to understand how to work with the editors and I am seeing if I can get more performance from BS2 by running my TFS CP at higher levels (LED bar graph).

Edited by JG14_Smil

After 4 days it works again. bs2 + helios+ tsf 3.

The upgrading of D.C.S. W. can be a very frustrating ordeal at times. The previous one went so well that I was looking forward to this one.This was the first time I used auto update.

I tried the export file from Ivibe download site . allows TSF 3 to work but will not allow DCSW to run if TSF 3 is off?

Problem was solved by getting helios to run with BS 2 , find helios export lua. and add the line intellIVIBE = true to the top of the lua. file.

Note , Almost all of my button bindings in helios profile are not there , lost? I will put them back .

Thanks for help Mark.

EDIT; On second look found bindings still there. Turns out I have a delay , a 5-30 second delay between switch press in pit to screen display.

Edited by acemark

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

Hello Acemark.

Always back up your Helios files. A hardware change, or even loading and saving a Helios profile without my EpicUSB loaded means I lose hundreds of button bindings.

I have 4 HID controllers, some with 128 buttons. If my EPIC USB is not loaded, there are only 32 buttons allowed per HID controller (128 is it is loaded).

Morale of story is: never, ever load/save Helios without your controller loaded first and make a backup each time you make a change.

I did a complete system redo to get my TFS running, but I think it could have been fixed using the hardware troubleshooting method that WIndows has.

To make sure TFS is running correctly, run DCS in a window and watch what the TFS CP says is happening.

Oh, you don't need any files from the Ivibe site. All you need is one line added to your export.lua (as you have learned)

I'll be on TS tonight if you need help. PM me for the IP.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Rob,

This is one of those things that has been on hold for ten years, but do you guys have plans to get the Expansion zones working? I'm making good strides with the Ka-50 tfs and if I could get some vibes down near the lower legs I think I could simulate pitching up that could fool the body.

Thanks for everything,

You miss the point. Even after doing so, the Intellivibe gauges still read in knots and do not change. It would be helpful if they were in the same units as the displayed Translator settings I choose.

AHH! Yes the gauges always read the same. The translator is translating from whatever units the game uses to the units on the gauges. When I get time I do plan on adding a setting to change the gauge units.

Yes, it is a helicopter. I just want my rudder pedals to do something in my TFS file. Just thinking out loud... :)

Gotcha. I will talk to craig about this. He does nearly all of the effects.

Thanks for all your work! I'm glad I was able to help find a bug and will keep my eyes open for more. I am starting to understand how to work with the editors and I am seeing if I can get more performance from BS2 by running my TFS CP at higher levels (LED bar graph).

Thank you for picking that up. I'm glad you are getting more comfortable with all the settings.

We are trying very hard to get all the features everyone wants, we are just two guys working on it though. It will get here, just takes more time than I'd like.

The expansion zones never worked right in the old TFS. They do work in the new TFS3 though! We just have to write the software, for the PC side, to control them.

Edited by intellivibe

Latest TFS software update stopped my rig from working. TFS will no longer restore either. I knew better as all it added was car stuff...

:mad:

OK. Finally found the fix, though not sure which thing I did is it. I went through and deleted registry entries and I also disabled my multi-monitor setup to install the TFS software. I think the problem of not being able to restore the TFS CP is caused somehow by multi-monitor use.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Nope. After a reboot it is porked again. Nothing. After one year of ownership, this thing has worked correctly for approximately two weeks. It was a great two weeks though.

Only thing I did is run the latest TFS panel exe. $#@!!

Edited by JG14_Smil

Nope. After a reboot it is porked again. Nothing. After one year of ownership, this thing has worked correctly for approximately two weeks. It was a great two weeks though.

Only thing I did is run the latest TFS panel exe. $#@!!

Yea, this release got out and I missed something. :doh:

I'm working on it now. Look for a fix tonight.