HARM Next patch?

Freeroamer

The TAS project never came to fruition AFAIK. Instead the navy introduced the EA-18G Growler, which is an entire airplane dedicated to the tasks of EW and SEAD and has the required targeting system internally. The USAF F-16CJ uses the HTS pod to do that.

Most effectively for HARM employment is an Emitter Location System (ELS) system, which was build into the F-4G Wild Weasel V as well as the Tornado ECR. These airplanes are able to use the HARM to its full capability. As far as I know the F-16CJ HTS pod is not as capable as the F-4G or Tornado ECR in that regard. I'm not sure about the Growler and how capable its internal systems are in this regard.

So which HARM modes will we be able to use?

So which HARM modes will we be able to use?

Only the most basic ones as our Hornet has no way to support the HARM, which means the HARM will only be able to work with data recieved by its own sensor, which limits it to the very basic modes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

SP, TOO, and PB.

Sounds like more than enough to go with for a jet which isn't a dedicated SEAD platform like the F-4G, Tornado ECR, or Prowler/Growler!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Highly doubt we see the HARM in the next update unless development is going alot smoother than let on. It would be rather awesome to see it in the next Open Beta followed by Heatblur releasing the F-14 the same week.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Only the most basic ones as our Hornet has no way to support the HARM, which means the HARM will only be able to work with data recieved by its own sensor, which limits it to the very basic modes.

HARM also makes use of the RWR for handing off targets. Personally I think we need to see improvements to the RWR and ALE-47 as well as just HARM itself.

There are still a few symbols and audio tones missing for the RWR I believe and the CMDS still needs a config page with CM Bingo levels etc. Wags did mention it months ago, but it's been quiet on that front.

Also, it's unthinkable that a SEAD mission would be flown with an aircraft without a Self Protection Jammer, hopefully implementing this can become a focus soon too.

Since The HARM for the Hornet will be mode limited, what will be the range and typical distance for lock on target?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

As far as I know the F-16CJ HTS pod is not as capable as the F-4G or Tornado ECR in that regard.

" The F-16CJ/DJ Block 50D/52D have the HARM avionics/Launcher Interface Computer (ALIC) resulting in a full autonomous employment capability of the HARM missile. This capability adds the SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses) mission to the already extensive list of missions the F-16 is capable to perform.

The aircraft features full integration for the advanced AGM-88 HARM II and Shrike anti-radiation missiles, a Lockheed Martin Pave Penny laser ranger pod and the Texas Instruments (now Raytheon) AN/ASQ-213 HTS (HARM Targeting System). The pod is mounted on the starboard intake hardpoint and contains a super-sensitive receiver that detects, classifies, and ranges threats and passes the information to the HARM and to the cockpit displays. With the targeting system, the F-16CJ/DJ has full autonomous HARM capability. The HTS pod can be omitted however - in that case, RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft support the F-16 in sorting and prioritizing targets in dense threat environments.

Two HARM missiles are normally carried on a typical SEAD mission, however, 4-missiles loads are currently being test-flown at Eglin AFB. "

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article9.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I do not know where ED said that the implementation of HARMS will be limited? It has been stated over and over that, we will be getting the same Early 2000's Lot 20 Hornet.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I do not know where ED said that the implementation of HARMS will be limited? It has been stated over and over that, we will be getting the same Early 2000's Lot 20 Hornet.

It's limited due to the Hornet itself, not because of their implementation.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

HARM also makes use of the RWR for handing off targets.

Good point! I totally forgot about that option. :music_whistling:

" The F-16CJ/DJ Block 50D/52D have the HARM avionics/Launcher Interface Computer (ALIC) resulting in a full autonomous employment capability of the HARM missile. This capability adds the SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses) mission to the already extensive list of missions the F-16 is capable to perform.

The aircraft features full integration for the advanced AGM-88 HARM II and Shrike anti-radiation missiles, a Lockheed Martin Pave Penny laser ranger pod and the Texas Instruments (now Raytheon) AN/ASQ-213 HTS (HARM Targeting System). The pod is mounted on the starboard intake hardpoint and contains a super-sensitive receiver that detects, classifies, and ranges threats and passes the information to the HARM and to the cockpit displays. With the targeting system, the F-16CJ/DJ has full autonomous HARM capability. The HTS pod can be omitted however - in that case, RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft support the F-16 in sorting and prioritizing targets in dense threat environments.

Two HARM missiles are normally carried on a typical SEAD mission, however, 4-missiles loads are currently being test-flown at Eglin AFB. "

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article9.html

IIRC it was mentioned in Magnum!, that the internal AN/APR-47 emitter location system of the F-4G Wild Weasel V (as well as the ELS of the Tornado ECR) was much more capable than the F-16s HTS pod in locating radar emitters via triangulation and providing this as target data to the HARM. Part of the reason for this is the placement´and size of the antennas, which are placed over the entire aircraft, while the HTS pod has to rely on the antennas inside the pod.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good point! I totally forgot about that option. :music_whistling:

IIRC it was mentioned in Magnum!, that the internal AN/APR-47 emitter location system of the F-4G Wild Weasel V (as well as the ELS of the Tornado ECR) was much more capable than the F-16s HTS pod in locating radar emitters via triangulation and providing this as target data to the HARM. Part of the reason for this is the placement´and size of the antennas, which are placed over the entire aircraft, while the HTS pod has to rely on the antennas inside the pod.

One of the benefits enjoyed by HTS equipped F-16's, is the ability to produces GPS quality targeting, by utilising co-operative techniques between aircraft.