PSA: Two badass 2018 Fighters Ball Videos Now Up

Stal2k

East coast one is much newer (5 days) but in case some folks missed it I included west coast as well. As an aside, maybe let's try to not "

" the posters/pilots off of YouTube this time, eh :thumbup:

West Coast:

East Coast:

Fair warning, I'm sure some people will find the music distasteful and feel the need to comment on it, just assume the posters know that (if you've seen any of the previous years, you'd get it). Just open the meteor F-14 soundtrack in another tab and mute the video if this applies to you. Otherwise, you will miss out on some really fascinating stuff.

Thanks for sharing..:thumbup:

Nice shot of a high drag drop in the West Coast video around the 5 minute mark.

You almost see the complete drop like I try and do in sim LOL.

attachment.php?attachmentid=199305&stc=1&d=1544078833

Hornet_high_drag.thumb.jpg.f9ad20a92a0b7546c6d9d139ae870df5.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Otherwise, you will miss out on some really fascinating stuff.

Thanks a lot !!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

great vids! thanks for sharing!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Cool thanks! I guessed as much and i guess thats a super hornet feature we wont see in our hornets.

Yeah I suppose so. I kind of like it that way. ED are simulating this type of Hornet and I only want what that provides for the sake of realism etc. We can only dream of having a Super Hornet 2018/19....... etc

:thumbup:

Yeah I suppose so. I kind of like it that way. ED are simulating this type of Hornet and I only want what that provides for the sake of realism etc. We can only dream of having a Super Hornet 2018/19....... etc

:thumbup:

More like 2028/2029, etc. At least if ED or some other third-party developer wants to simulate the APG-79 AESA since information on that radar and ones like it remain understandably scarce.

I would love ED to work on a Super Hornet circa 2005, i.e. the same time frame as the current legacy Hornet.

From an ED perspective they've done most of the work. It would just be updating the flight model, some of the avionics etc. From a sim perspective it would be nice to have slightly longer legs, more payload and best of all, buddy refueling.

Of course I'm making it sound easier than it is, but given that the Super Hornet will be in the USN fleet for a long time to come, it would sell well.