The new "retail" version?

Fred00

I think the old version will remain, those who bought it have the right to use it in its current form. Everyone who wants to have a new version will buy it and will have the choice whether to recommend the current or the new A-10. It will be similar with K-50. There is nothing to panic. Personally, I can't wait and I wonder very much what we will get in the new version?

It would be stupid to upgrade it to latest suite, as Nineline says, it _replaces_ the current module in store.

Nowhere does he say that it is Upgrade to suite version, but upgrade to visuals and systems, that can very well mean simply a new damage model that is MAJOR upgrade to visuals AND systems. So possibly same suite, but new damage level, new visuals for the damage levels and polishing the systems functions for the damage.

If they upgrade the A-10C suite 3 we have, to something far more modern like suite 8 just so they can, then they are breaking more about DCS cold war. But maybe we should just get F-22 and F-35 once and for all so "everyone" can be happy for the modern west side....

Remember, that "Black shark 2" was mainly a DCS integration and new flight model improvement.

If they would do new suite like 7, then it would be smarter keep current Suite 3 as is for older scenarios...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What they're going to do is remove your paid version of the A-10c, then sell you the same plane with a couple of options to you again with a different title. We call it fraud, but in other places in the world, they call it free enterprise.

This is not whats going to Happen.

Existing A-10C Customers will continie to Have Access to the Current A-10C Version As Is

A-10C Version 2.0 Will include Both the new A-10C Module and the Current Original A-10C Module.

It Replaces A-10C in the EShop, But it will not replace version 1.0 in the Module Manager. A-10C v1.0 will remain as a supported product, but only 2.0 Will be on the EShop for sale.

Whether v1.0 is Replaced Immediately or after the last lot of Keys are sold off is unknown.

As for speculation about differences between v1.0 and Version 2.0

The Major Difference confirmed so far is going to be Art Assets.

New Cockpit, New External Model to replace a 10+ year old Model.

As for Systems, Some Items were Omitted from A-10C by request of the USAF/ANG, or because of Engine Limitations at the time, One or Both of those things may have changed.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I wonder when we'll find out exactly what their plans are. I hope soon. Thanks to this, we will avoid unnecessary discussions and irritations.

I find the discussions fun and its so great to see such an active A-10 community still. My top reason for wanting some more details about the systems upgrades is to temper expectations. For me its hmcs in some form. I don’t EXPECT it, but some of these comments are increasing hope and until we get some news I am just terrified that a paid module l thats 90% visual is going to disappoint so many. Not because its not awesome but just because the expectations were allowed to creep up too high.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

It seems there won't be a suite upgrade.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4144628&postcount=77

That post is a reply to my post, and the responses from post #70 onward. Apparently, just a weathered cockpit at the moment.

That post is from last month...the key words in it are "we will have more info coming, but right now, this is all we know."

This weeks newsletter says "Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you."

So what the new systems will be...is still unknown...but I highly doubt it will be a minimalist as some here are implying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Fair but I think we are getting tied up in nomenclature. Even our “suite 3” is not fully equivalent to air force suite 3. So arguably any “systems” upgrade is a suite upgrade in dcs terms. I do want a systems upgrade but that could be anything from trivial performance tweaks or fuses up to iff, payloads, datalink, hmcs, etc.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

"A-10C Version 2.0 Will include Both the new A-10C Module and the Current Original A-10C Module."

Off-topic (hold rights not to answer) question, when the Modern Air Combat gets released, is there a change to see a A-10A getting facelift as well, regardless MAC is a standalone product? Or could it be a bonus for the "A-10C Warthog 2.0"?

As I love the A model, but it would benefit cockpit update as well like Su-27S, MiG-29S etc..

And I see it great bonus for that new "2.0" license....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A-10A already has a 3D EDM Cockpit, Since FC3 Launch

Su-27 and Mig-29 etc had the old LOM Cockpits Converted to EDM, then Rebuilt to EDM Later.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

It would be stupid to upgrade it to latest suite, as Nineline says, it _replaces_ the current module in store.

I believe it will be something like the black shark 3: new 3d model, new texture variants, maybe some systems refinement, and IF a new suite will be delivered it will be a second version IN ADDITION TO the one we have. Otherwise, they should change / adapt all the previous a-10c missions and campaigns and this is very unlikely. IF there will be a new suite, we'll have two versions in the same package.

I believe it will be something like the black shark 3: new 3d model, new texture variants, maybe some systems refinement, and IF a new suite will be delivered it will be a second version IN ADDITION TO the one we have.

I asked if this would be the case in EDs Discord, NL stated that would not be the case, instead we would only have one A-10C version. As an example I compared it to the two versions we have of the P-51, the answer I was given is that we would not have the option of two aircraft listed, but we could still use the old version as we do now. This to me is a little ambiguous; it is not clear to me if we basically use it like the existing A-10C we have now by just opting not to use the new features whilst flying it or if the new features can be somehow limited, for example in the mission editor under the 'additional properties', the way the Mirage 2000 has the option to not mount the DDM Sensors etc.

Personally, if the changes are significant enough I think we should have the option to use the older version even after purchasing the upgrade, for both the A-10C and the Ka-50.

I asked if this would be the case in EDs Discord, NL stated that would not be the case, instead we would only have one A-10C version. As an example I compared it to the two versions we have of the P-51, the answer I was given is that we would not have the option of two aircraft listed, but we could still use the old version as we do now. This to me is a little ambiguous; it is not clear to me if we basically use it like the existing A-10C we have now by just opting not to use the new features whilst flying it or if the new features can be somehow limited, for example in the mission editor under the 'additional properties', the way the Mirage 2000 has the option to not mount the DDM Sensors etc.

Personally, if the changes are significant enough I think we should have the option to use the older version even after purchasing the upgrade, for both the A-10C and the Ka-50.

It sounds like a unlocking of features under one aircraft type. So not forced to buy the new A-10 but to effectively purchase and use whatever new weapons/features they plan to release.

Well, if they make functional some of the IFF panel, the pave penny pod, add the possibility to use ADF, and add laser mavericks (just to do some examples), maybe a new cockpit / new suite is not needed: they simply add to the current suite things not simulated yet.

For the ka-50 I've read they'll add a different version with the capability of carying igla missiles next to the version we have now, is this anyway changed?

From my understanding it will be similar for both A-10C and Ka50.

Ka50 3.0 Replaces Ka50 2.0 on eshop.

A-10C 2.0 Replaces A-10C 1.0 on eshop.

There will be only one version on eshop. Old versions discontinued.

Existing A-10C and Ka50 Licenses will be upgradable at a discount.

Existing A-10C and Ka50 Licenses will remain active and supported.

Edited by SkateZilla

Incessant blind guessing. Just wait for the people developing 2.0 to tell you what it will be. This is how bogus rumors start. Enough already.

Same suite just an upgrade to existing systems and 3d model. More news on specifically what it will be when ED finalizes the 2.0. This has been repeated ad nauseam.

Holy moly batman.

From my understanding it will be similar for both A-10C and Ka50.

Ka50 3.0 Replaces Ka50 2.0 on eshop.

A-10C 2.0 Replaces A-10C 1.0 on eshop.

There will be only one version on eshop. Old versions discontinued.

Existing A-10C and Ka50 Licenses will be upgradable at a discount.

Existing A-10C and Ka50 Licenses will remain active and supported.

If we use the discount we will lost the older A10 an Ka50?? I want both new and old...

I think this won't be possible. But if the new versions simply ADD something to the old ones, you can avoid to use such things and you have the old versions (i.e. you do not load iglas on the ka-50 -> you have the current ka-50).

The name "2" or "3" is only a commercial definition: black shark 2 was the same of black shark 1, and today very few people if none at all play black shark 1. Black shark 3 won't be different from black shark 2, but it will have a new 3d model and graphics and some additional systems you can choose to use or not; I think a-10c 2 will be the same.

Edited by nessuno0505