Admiral Kuznetsov, what to expect?

Schmidtfire

As the title suggests, what can we expect from the new Admiral Kuznetsov?

Static deck crew? Working elevators? New objects? MIG-29K? (AI or FC3 level)

Will it be integrated into Combined Arms?

The Admiral is the only counterpart for Blue & Red Carrier vs Carrier Ops - something that will fit the new map. Im sure a lot of players are interested to know a bit more about what is planned for Russian Carrier Ops :)

Thx

By the ED info.

- None animated crew has talked, some "static" crew has show in the past by ED (see bellow)

- working elevators has plausible

- some time ago, whas show on a pics some tugs vehicles.

- No Mig-29K or other new AI aircraft has talked.

- Surelly the CA interactions has the same with the CVN-70s and other ships on DCS.

some old Kutnesov ED develop pics.

Kuznetsov15.jpg

Kuznetsov01.jpg

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team
Sorry to be a boob, but is this a free upgrade or only included with the carrier?

It is part of the super carrier package.

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Would’ve preordered so much faster if I had seen that pic or known about deck crew and tugs for Kuz

These screenshots are from 2016 if I'm not mistaken so they are probably not representative of what we will actually get. Also bear in mind that the Kuznetsov will only have static crew, at least for now.

So how will the Kuznetsov handled?

Will the old one remain in the game? Will there be two in parallel? Will there only be the new one from the supercarrier module?

What about owning FC3 or the SU-33 and NOT the Supercarrier? Will the Su-33 then not be anymore able to operate from the carrier?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

So how will the Kuznetsov handled?

Will the old one remain in the game? Will there be two in parallel? Will there only be the new one from the supercarrier module?

What about owning FC3 or the SU-33 and NOT the Supercarrier? Will the Su-33 then not be anymore able to operate from the carrier?

The old and new one will be in the game in parallel just like the super carrier, and it’s up to the mission maker to put one or both into a mission. Su-33 should interact with old one only unless you own super carrier module.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

It is part of the super carrier package.

Thanks for the response.

I'm going to have a hard time passing up on all this. Just waiting for the sale to start on Steam then grabbing the SU-33 for starters and get into some Kuznetsov action with the carrier we have now.

Supercarrier when it's out on Steam.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 1 year later...

just Recenty the kuznetsov is attacking my carriers with  shipwreck missiles . I want to take them out of the ships munitions ,but cannot find an entry that will allow me to tell it to not carry these munitions on board and thus stop shooting them at my fleet. In prior than 2.7 versions the carrier never shot these missiles at them.  Perhaps I can decrease it's radar range ? Maybe that is why it has started to shoot at my fleet  a fair way across the map.   Anyhow , is  either solution possible?

Depends how much you need it to act like a carrier. If there are planes taking off it can’t launch Shipwrecks. You can put planes there and turn off the AI so they don’t move but then it won’t be able to launch fighters at all. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

14 hours ago, Lineaxe said:

just Recenty the kuznetsov is attacking my carriers with  shipwreck missiles . I want to take them out of the ships munitions ,but cannot find an entry that will allow me to tell it to not carry these munitions on board and thus stop shooting them at my fleet. In prior than 2.7 versions the carrier never shot these missiles at them.  Perhaps I can decrease it's radar range ? Maybe that is why it has started to shoot at my fleet  a fair way across the map.   Anyhow , is  either solution possible?

You can always change it's ROE to HOLD FIRE or RETURN FIRE.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Well I put it in to attack my Air Assets in the vicinity & It was doing that for the last 14 months.  But, recently it has started firing those shipwreck missiles on a distant fleet of mine.  So, I can't really move the fleet off the map. I just want to dis arm the shipwrecks from the carrier's munitions or decrease it's  engage range back to where it was not firing.  I hate to pull the carrier out of the mission as it was in it right from the missions inception.  But , cease and desist or face the 

DELETE   button.  And, in version 2.7 is has started moving about in the Bay North of Al Dhafra again. 

Edited by Lineaxe