PBY-5A Catalina

AG-51_Razor

If ED ever figures out how to allow for seaplanes to operate, then hopefully they will be able to go one step further and make it so an amphibian can operate in DCS World. They've done it for vehicles already, how hard would it be to do it for aircraft??

The PBY flew in every single theater during WWII, from the very beginning until the very end. I can't think of a more iconic example of a seaplane/amphibian for DCS.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would definitely be cool to have. I'd be scouting for the fleet or picking up pilots in it. I would think it would take forever to happen since alot of other planes would probably be higher priority, but we have the Viggen so what the hell do I know? :megalol:

• 3 weeks later...
If ED ever figures out how to allow for seaplanes to operate, then hopefully they will be able to go one step further and make it so an amphibian can operate in DCS World.
All that is needed, is to take a lesson from FSX.

They created a "Invisible" carrier.

This is ship landing deck, with collision file, which can be placed as any other carrier.

Then, it is a simple matter to "spawn" upon the ocean, and do take offs and landings!

I have done this, and Markindel's PBY now is a true amphibian aircraft!

Like this!

pbyt.jpg

pby.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."