Using Kh-25 in SU-25

mustsafa

My personal guess is stand-off in the Su-25A is really used for big targets like bunkers, buildings, structures like runways or even ships. For an IFV or tank you are right, you have to get close enough to see it, I often fire without being able to see it then adjust the laser as I get closer so it’s dead on target. Obviously if it’s a defended target you are pretty screwed

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

My personal guess is stand-off in the Su-25A is really used for big targets like bunkers, buildings, structures like runways or even ships. For an IFV or tank you are right, you have to get close enough to see it, I often fire without being able to see it then adjust the laser as I get closer so it’s dead on target. Obviously if it’s a defended target you are pretty screwed

No wonder why most of the first SU-25 footages had cluster bombs and unguided rocket demonstrations...

• 2 months later...

The sight is only stabilized IRL, but not ”locked” to the ground as it is in DCS.

Sight (and laser) has to be kept over the target until the missile hits. Like the Kh-66 Grom works on MiG-21.

IRL it has often been used together with external laser designator mounted on a vehicle.