Possible click cockpit F15C???

lee1hy

If you look at the F15C's cockpit, it's already implemented in other modules. So can't someone create a clickable cockpit?

Looking at the cockpit of the F15, I think it's possible enough because it's already implemented in another module. The F15C is a great module.

F15C need UFC and VHF and Chape Flare/chaff settings and NAV settings are required.

need for clickabe requires settings like chaff / radio

otherwise, Just need more research in MCPD and radar mode, (but already same VS in F16C will be iplemented right?)

Looking at the cockpit, I guess how imagin start engine sequnce f15's engine.

• Like 1

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

What do you mean it's implemented in other modules? The clickable cockpit? Yes in full fidelity modules. The F-15C is not one of those modules.

Can someone create it? You mean in like a MOD? Because that module is ED (or Belteksim is in charge of it atm I belive) and I don't think there are any plans to make the F-15C full fifelity upgrade. Though that's definetely something I'd pay money for, individual upgrades to make FC3 planes Full Fidelity.

The F-15C and other FC3 planes do not need to tune radios because they are allways tuned to whatever recipient you chose to talk to. If you are using them in multi-player with SRS, SRS provides a way for you to tune the radios for this planes.

Countermeasures are not programable but you can get around it, by making "programs" in your HOTAS software, or other keybinding software that allows for the creation of macros.

Because it isn't just ''clickable'' they actually model the systems behind it, a process that usually takes a year or two (or more). So no, it's not going to happen.

It is possible someday they will make a full fidelity F-15C, in which case it would be a completely separate, $80 module like the F-16. That's why the FC3 aircraft are cheap, and the others are not, because FC3 utilises a lot of extremely simplified, ''gamey'' systems, and the fully modeled aircraft do not (generally). It's also why FC3 aircraft have pamphlet manuals, and the others are hundreds of pages long.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Here is the bigger question that will answer this question: Is there ANY clickable cockpit available for any aircraft that is still in use? The F15C was taken out of combat, but it is still in use.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Here is the bigger question that will answer this question: Is there ANY clickable cockpit available for any aircraft that is still in use? The F15C was taken out of combat, but it is still in use.

Um, most of them?

Plenty of nations other than the US operate the Charlie hornet. The Harrier is still in service IIRC (though being rapidly replaced). The block50 viper is operated by a variety of nations. The Mi8, Huey, and Gaz are all in service.

Also, while I would love some extra "fidelity" for the FC3 modules (like less gamey radar modes). I've come to the conclusion it makes no sense to make an "in-between" kinda clickable plane. For the effort involved it likely wouldn't worth it unless you did ALL of them, which again probably wouldn't be worth it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Maybe we get that Strike Eagle in coming years. Then maybe few years later "not a pound for air-to-ground". Sorry for optimism. Got excited ;)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

DCS: F-15C makes a lot of sense.

1. Eagle Dynamics has already made a really good PFM flight model for the FC3 F-15C.

2. A lot of the F-16C and F/A-18C systems can probably be ported and shorten development time.

3. Focus on Air-Air and not multi-mission probably shortens development time.

4. They have contacts at Boeing.

5. It is a very popular and well known aircraft. Will without a doubt be a top seller.

• Like 1

5. It is a very popular and well known aircraft. Will without a doubt be a top seller.

True, but it is offset by the fact that many users (more casual players... so much as that exists in DCS) won't really care about the difference. So maybe half the audience (pulling a number out of the ... um, air) wouldn't be interested in the full-fidelity F-15C so long as they have their FC3 version which is "good enough."

Of course, sign me up. I'd pay $80 for high fidelity F-15C *AND* again for the F-15E. :)

I'm guessing the mud hen is the closest we'll get to a DCS level Eagle.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I suspect the answer is "eventually" but not until the existing modules finally make it not seem quite so absurd a choice sooner than later.

There's really a massive difference between "clickable" and a full module, enough to say that calling a clickable cockpit that, is a bit demeaning to the avionics coding that goes on to bring a plane into DCS as a full module.

Whether ED decides to add in some simple clickable features as a new "lowest fidelity option" is up to them, the MAC development line wont have it because it would mean upgrades to every FC level module and downgrades to every non level module, which took enough work to do half of that that it's taken years. I dont see them really expanding the FC type line, but, who knows, it's conceptually imaginable, it's just not enough new stuff really for making money on.

But an F-15C something block would be an awesome addition to DCS, it's a lot of peoples first choice fighter.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I definitely think there is a good precedent for DCS: F-15C. We don't really have an air superiority fighter in the sim right now. The closest thing we have is the F-14B and it's an early 1980s version, and can't compete with the modern jets in the game. If we could get a later block F-15C perhaps from the around same time period as the viper or hornet, one with JHMCS, 9x, and MIDS Link-16. It would be absolutely unstoppable, and I think could really highlight the difference between multi-role and pure no compromise fighter Design in the 21st century.

The Mud-hen IMHO just doesn't quite capture it, too much compromise and more of the same, in practice its just another bomb truck, we won't get 9x with it, and according to Razbam it'll most likely have the earlier engines, limiting its use as stand in for the C. Beside all that It's not going to offer much more then what we already have in the form of muti-role ground pounders.

Anyways we also already have maps that would be very well suited for the eagle, in the form of the caucuses for a hypothetical cold war gone hot scenarios, or NTTR for aggressor situations. DCS: F-15C would fit in a lot better then some of the jets in the game atm. I can't really think of a good reason not to have F-15C in the game.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

The closest thing we have is the F-14B and it's an early 1980s version, and can't compete with the modern jets in the game.

No, it's mid 90s and it can compete.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No, it's mid 90s and it can compete.

No it's not, it lacks EGI, DFCS, and PTID that puts it firmly the 80s or at least it would have been among the least capable tomcats in the 90s, since we're assuming it hadn't received any updates. But besides all that it never had HOBS missiles. Because it was retired, technically the hornet and viper we have in game would have never have faced the tomcat at all. We have too lower their capabilities in game to make it realistic.

So no it can't compete with an mid 2000s hornet or viper, when they're flown right and have access to their full modern weapon suites, they get smashed every time. The F-15C on the other could, because it does IRL. So rather then dumb down the modern jets and pretend with the tomcat, let's get a real fighter from the same time period to go along with them.

Edited by Wizard_03

What do you mean it's implemented in other modules? The clickable cockpit? Yes in full fidelity modules. The F-15C is not one of those modules.

Can someone create it? You mean in like a MOD? Because that module is ED (or Belteksim is in charge of it atm I belive) and I don't think there are any plans to make the F-15C full fifelity upgrade. Though that's definetely something I'd pay money for, individual upgrades to make FC3 planes Full Fidelity.

The F-15C and other FC3 planes do not need to tune radios because they are allways tuned to whatever recipient you chose to talk to. If you are using them in multi-player with SRS, SRS provides a way for you to tune the radios for this planes.

Countermeasures are not programable but you can get around it, by making "programs" in your HOTAS software, or other keybinding software that allows for the creation of macros.

I think the message is can we have a Full Fidelity F-15C as a standalone DCS Module...+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhukov032186 viewpost.gif

Because it isn't just ''clickable'' they actually model the systems behind it, a process that usually takes a year or two (or more). So no, it's not going to happen.

It is possible someday they will make a full fidelity F-15C, in which case it would be a completely separate, $80 module like the F-16. That's why the FC3 aircraft are cheap, and the others are not, because FC3 utilises a lot of extremely simplified, ''gamey'' systems, and the fully modeled aircraft do not (generally). It's also why FC3 aircraft have pamphlet manuals, and the others are hundreds of pages long.

If a Dev Team decides to make an F-15E Strike Eagle, then the complete module could be the "Eagle: F-15C/F-15E" and sold as one package since making the front cockpit model of the Strike Eagle, you have about 80% of the Single Seat C-Model done...so the question is "how can we make this a reality!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oceandar viewpost.gif

Yeah I agree. Shouldnt be much works as hornet and Viper I guess. Just one more and we have all complete HiFi teen aircrafts in DCS.

Totally agree with you...the aircraft physical model is pretty much done, the cockpit model is there, and the learning curve is shallower as the successes of the Hornet and Viper are gains in future module development.

If you build it, we will fly it!

Edited by =JUICE=
Consolidation
  • Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No it's not, it lacks EGI, DFCS, and PTID that puts it firmly the 80s or at least it would have been among the least capable tomcats in the 90s, since we're assuming it hadn't received any updates. But besides all that it never had HOBS missiles. Because it was retired, technically the hornet and viper we have in game would have never have faced the tomcat at all. We have too lower their capabilities in game to make it realistic.

So no it can't compete with an mid 2000s hornet or viper, when they're flown right and have access to their full modern weapon suites, they get smashed every time. The F-15C on the other could, because it does IRL. So rather then dumb down the modern jets and pretend with the tomcat, let's get a real fighter from the same time period to go along with them.

Its well known that the navy couldn't really afford to update the whole fleet. So in the very late 80's you got the "first" B's with some upgrades, and later they got some more. But the navy started to get D's in 91, and those were spendy, so.

I would argue that the Tom is one the most capable A/A fighters we have right now. If you are getting to the merge, well, the Tom driver did it wrong.

Also, with regards to the Eagle, I'd love to have the C version, from whenever is doable. Or an old one and newer one.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would argue that the Tom is one the most capable A/A fighters we have right now. If you are getting to the merge, well, the Tom driver did it wrong.

IRL with actual ECM conditions to worry about the AIM-54, either A or C+ wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as they are in game. Certainly not relevant against the AIM-120C5, another weapon the tomcat cannot carry.

I would argue that the only reason the tomcat ever wins in game is because the sim doesn't model ECM at all, most bug drivers online don't know what their doing, In BVR or after the merge. And or the modern aircraft are handicapped by the Mission designer specifically to make the fights more even.

I'm not saying its a bad aircraft at all, in fact it might be my favorite right now. I'm simply saying that it's ancient technology wouldn't cut it in 2007, and it didn't. The F-15C on the other hand would, and does so without any concessions. It's still is a front line fighter today, that fact alone is a testament too its performance, against current threats, let alone 1990s or 1980s threats.

No it's not, it lacks EGI, DFCS, and PTID that puts it firmly the 80s or at least it would have been among the least capable tomcats in the 90s, since we're assuming it hadn't received any updates.

Go argue with the devs:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3722843&postcount=10

That post says its potentially from 1988 :huh: also BlackLion while very knowledgeable regarding the F-14 is not part of HB, I believe he's one of their testers and an SME, but he's definitely not a developer.

Anyways the only reason he mentions 1997 is because they decided to include LANTIRN, which according to the actual devs may or may not have been used operationally in the configuration of the jet we have. Usually LANTIRN was used on jets that had PTID post 1997, now there were tests that interleaved the Fishbowls TCS feed with the LANTIRN and did not fully integrate the pod with the jet as with PTID, but how prolific that modification was is up for debate and was certainly not widespread among the fleet. It may have only been a few F-14As at that and most likely was limited to a single combat deployment in Bosnia around that time. If It was used in combat that way at all.

In any case, the point of Blacklion's post there is exactly mine, take away LANTIRN (which is irrelevant in this discussion anyways) and what we have is a 1980s F-14B...but now were getting OT

F-15C from mid 2000s is going to be FAR superior to the F-14B from 1980s or 90s for that matter, in most regards. The F-14D is a different story, but even then the jets only as good as it's weapons which for the F-14 is AIM-9M, AIM-7MH, and AIM-54C+, and the Gun, which IRL, NOT DCS, is quite outdated when compared with AIM-9X Block 1, and AIM-120C5 if were saying mid 2000s. So back to square one Outside 1v1 Winchester the F-14B from ANY time period in its history is not competitive with the F-15C from the mid 2000s. That's why there were so many F-14 modernization proposals, they wanted to keep it up to date with its contemporaries which at the time of its retirement were vastly exceeding its ability to stay relevant with modern threats. So Anytime Baby! (except after 2006) :) Which is exactly the time period ED has chosen for the modern jets. Ergo why having a F-15C would be so great.

Edited by Wizard_03

If a Dev Team decides to make an F-15E Strike Eagle, then the complete module could be the "Eagle: F-15C/F-15E" and sold as one package since making the front cockpit model of the Strike Eagle, you have about 80% of the Single Seat C-Model done...so the question is "how can we make this a reality!"

Not even close to 80%. The F-15C's navigation computer is vastly different from the E, as is the TSD (or SIT page in the C) on the MPCD. The only 2 similarities are the A-A radar modes (even there, the E has a number of differences), and the ARMT page on the MPCD. Pretty much the whole thing is different enough to be its own $80 module separate from a F-15E.

• 2 weeks later...
DCS: F-15C makes a lot of sense.

1. Eagle Dynamics has already made a really good PFM flight model for the FC3 F-15C.

2. A lot of the F-16C and F/A-18C systems can probably be ported and shorten development time.

3. Focus on Air-Air and not multi-mission probably shortens development time.

4. They have contacts at Boeing.

That's true. There is a possibility.

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5