Cannot play FC3 after motherboard and CPU upgrade

KingKenny04

Hello, I'm having an issue playing the FC3 aircraft after upgrading my computer's motherboard and CPU. I very stupidly forgot to deactivate the FC3 key before the upgrade.

I'm having the following issues:

When starting DCS, I get an error message stating that the system's hardware has significantly changed and FC3 needs to be reactivated. This happens every time I start DCS, regardless of what else I do in or out of game.

If I click "retry", the window tells me that FC3 has successfully been activated. After clicking "OK" however, the window hangs and does not close. The system recognizes it as "Not Responding", and the only way to close the activation window is to kill it in the task manager. DCS starts up just fine with the frozen activation window in the background. I can join servers or start single player missions just fine, however I am not allowed to use any of the FC3 aircraft.

If I click "exit" on the activation window, DCS starts up just fine, however it crashes as soon as I try to join a multiplayer server or start a single player mission.

If I try going into the module manager, deactivating FC3, then reactivating it, I am still unable to use the FC3 aircraft, and when I close DCS and restart it, I receive the same activation error window as before.

Hello, I'm having an issue playing the FC3 aircraft after upgrading my computer's motherboard and CPU. I very stupidly forgot to deactivate the FC3 key before the upgrade.

Download the appropriate registry removal file from here (Flaming Cliffs 3):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/#1780273

Run the reg file.

Once key removed, re-activate as usual.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.