F-5E Steam regional prices

GreyCaptain

I live in Turkey. As Turkey's economy is decreasing badly and value hits the floor, steam does not change currency exchange ratio. The company do that for a reason. Because fixed prices are the boundries in which people are willing to pay rather than questioning thousand times whether it's worth it or not. And is the the value which the product is supposedly profit more by not sheer price, but by the numbers that are sold.

F-5E released as 89 Lira, which is the most expensive module in all. The second most expensive is 75 Lira right now. I was not surprised with 89 Lira as Dollar is raising rapidly here. I was willing to buy it when I got home. Today, I got home, login to steam and saw it's now 211 Lira.

My friend and I was very excited about this module. Been waiting for months. Right now, we both will not buy this.

I understand why you do this. It's not fair for you because we pay so little. But you must understand, as I said in the beginning, there is a reason for this pricing policy. Don't be surprised if you profit less with your new pricing policy than you would have if you followed steam's pricing policy.

I would advise you to change your pricing policy. I see that you do this for other currencies and countries as well.

At the end, the choise is yours.

You need to be telling the guys at Steam this, they have nothing at all to do with this forum. ED don't have fixed exchange rates.

Frankly, using Steam seems to me to have lots of drawbacks, and very very few advantages. Why not download the stand alone version, and you will get earlier access to modules, and given the exchange rate conundrum, cheaper modules too. I think you will be able to obtain stand alone licences for the stuff you purchased through Steam too.

Steam does not set the prices, Belsimtek does. Or ED does. I'm not sure about that honestly. Steam only "suggest" regional prices.

You said they have nothing at all to do with this forum. Am I to understand there is no representative of Belsimtek in this forum? Or you mean something else?

I'm frankly fed up with this standalone suggestions. Why is everybody ignore people's request about things and than go "Why don't you use standalone". I want every game of mine in steam. Or some other guy can say any other reason. My suggestion is not about whether standalone or steam is better. Please respond something more related.

Its my understanding that Belsimtek set the price, but it is however steam that is handling exchange rates and they often don't fluctuate as they should. I would advise just not using Steam for DCS, as the standalone experience allows you more beta modules, quicker updates, and no drawbacks... I'm actually interested to know what the price for the module is in the DCS store for you? Is it different than Steam?

Edit: Just kinda read the part about not suggesting standalone, sorry m8, only solution I could think of...

they often don't fluctuate as they should

Precisely the opposite. It doesn't fluctuate because if it does, whole idea loses its meaning. Same thing goes for apple. I have an iphone and of all the times dollar going up and down in years, apple never changed the ratio. We bought apps in Lira as before. Same thing goes for google. I used to have a tablet and the Lira prices was also fixed in exchanged rate.

This is not a speacial treatment for Turkey either. There are numareous countries. Check steamdb.com and you'll see. Mexico, Indonesia, Philippine, Colombia, Russia, Canada, etc. All have their own exchange rates fixed. They rarely changes.

As far as I can remember, steam and apple changed the rate just one time in 2014 I guess. Google hasn't. These huge companies do a market research and come up with these exchange rates. I find it very powerful from first hand. I used to buy one or two games from somewhere like steam or greenmangaming. After Lira used as a currency on steam, never again used greenmangaming. And buying games became something usual. I have over 400 games in steam. (though, maybe half of them comes from humblebundle)

Edit: I forgot to reply your question. Yes, prices are different. In DCS store, prices are USD and in Steam, prices are in Lira. You can check from steamdb for each country and for each module.

Edited by GreyCaptain

I'm from Turkey and I saw it was 89tl yesterday.I just checked steam prices history and it seems every country spesific price is set to 59 usd including Russia. Its either a bug or a long lasting quest to alienate steam users more than before.

And for once can you guys stop suggesting standalone ? Im not going to pay 1/3 of minimum wage while almost all games have country set prices depending on purchase power.