Showing payloads or items in ModelViewer

Doum76

Greetings guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to show armements in the ModelViewer, i thought at first at arguments, but i don<t think it counts, i wanna see the gunpod loaded on the AV-8B, as making a camo livery is a pain to fit the camo cntinued on the GunPod by loading/reloading DCS eachtime, unless there<s a quick way to reload the model in game without reloading the entire game with the adjusted Texture, or as mentioned loading it onto the model in ModelViewer.

Thanks.

To attach any armament to the aircraft you need to open the "Connectors" windows with CTRL+C.

You will see small colored boxes around the aircraft with their own designation.

To attach the AV-8B gunpod you need to select the "str_pnt_006" connector point with the Connectors window and select "Attach Model" after that, browse to DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Shapes and select "AV8BNA_GP".

Edited by Texac

To attach any armament to the aircraft you need to open the "Connectors" windows with CTRL+C.

You will see small colored boxes around the aircraft with their own designation.

To attach the AV-8B gunpod you need to select the "str_pnt_006" connector point with the Connectors window and select "Attach Model" after that, browse to DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Shapes and select "AV8BNA_GP".

Dude, if i could, i would Upload your direction right away a 52 foot long tractor-trailer full of beer to cheer up! Thanks a ton, never ever knew how to use these stuff... been a grpahic artist int he print industried and 2D for 20 years but when it comes to 3D stuff i'm so far behind, thanks a ton!!! You know if we can edit the autoexec to make it load by default like liveries and models?

ie

LoadModel("Bazar/World/Shapes/shelter_floor.edm")

AddModel("Bazar/World/Shapes/ukrytie.edm")

SetArgument(0, 1); --Hanger Doors Open.

AddModel("CoreMods/Aircraft/M-2000C/Shapes/M-2000c.EDM", 00.0,1.7,0)

--LoadLivery("A-10C","184th FS Arkansas ANG, Fort Smith (FS)")

SetArgument(0, 1);

SetArgument(1, 0.2);

SetArgument(3, 1);

SetArgument(4, 0.2);

SetArgument(5, 1);

SetArgument(6, 0.2);

SetArgument(15, -0.2);

SetArgument(16, -0.2);

SetArgument(38, 0.9);

SetArgument(50, 1.5);

Forgot the command to AddModel to a connector, will have to look through my notes.

but you can set the position and orientation in the autoexec.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

ie

Forgot the command to AddModel to a connector, will have to look through my notes.

but you can set the position and orientation in the autoexec.

interesting :) Got to say though it<s pretty wasy with the 2.5 MV, you show Connector dialog window, slect on left the connector and on right the model you wanna load, only issue being a pain is, now MV doesn't keep windows as it was when we quit it, each time you make a change tot he texture is, quit MV, reload it, reshow liverey window if needed, connector window etc.. only one that stays open is the Shape/Model window :( Even tried the Autoexec to add it where i want the window to appear, but each time it sorta reset it to default and close them all on quitting MV.

Also, never was ever able to load the AV-8B Gunpod with my livery texture, was always picture the one in defautl folder, so the AV-6B model was loading on startup my livery or any i selected manualy from the window, the workaround i found was, simply copying the default texture on my desktop and i work on the livery replacing the one int he default folder, once done put back the original file.

Edited by Doum76

yes, it's pretty simple to add stores to a pylon as long as it doesnt need a launcher/adapter.

as for loading the livery onto the gun pod.

After you Add the model and position it manually, The New Item becomes the Item of focus, you should be able to apply the livery to it after you add it.

(this doesnt work with attaching to connectors though).

as for Connector and Liveries Dialogs, there seems to be a mis-link in the config file w/ 2.5

I will look into that

Control+L sets view to LEFT instead of Bringing up Liveries Dialog.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs