A-10C nightime cockpit with Deffered Shade.

DaveRindner

I think its a little tad too dark. The A-10C cockpit with defered shading. Canopy glass acts as a sunglasses at night, there is considerable darkening when viewing terrain through canopy glass then outside. Flood lighting inside A-10C does not work with defered shading ON. Some buttons, switches, and dials are tottally black, and difficult to find. NVG performance is completely different with defered shade. Is it really defocused everything inside cockpit, except of HUD and outside of canopy, and gives pilot circular non-stereoscopic porthole of a sight? If that how it is in RW then thats a dangerous system. I get it that ED programmed adaptation to night visibility of human naked eye, into the Defered Shadeing engine. Takes a few minutes flying to adapt. Excellent touch.

Edited by DaveRindner

Flood lighting and other cockpit lighting issues have been noted and are being addressed by ED.

As for the NVG performance, this has already been covered in this thread and is completely realistic. NVGs don't autofocus, the wearer chooses a focus distance. For most military operations (flying, driving, night observation or patrol on the ground) this means an infinity focus is most useful. So as things get closer to the wearer, focus is lost. In the case of flying with binocular tube NVGs, you simply look under the NVGs to see the panel (think of it as wearing bifocals). The "new" 2.5 NVG system allows this and is realistic.

Unsafe? Insomuch as flying at night at low altitudes and high speeds is generally less safe than daytime flying I guess you could make that claim. I would much rather have NVGs than not, however.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals