AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

after the new patch when i turn on DMT TV with sensor aft, the DMT starts with FLIR activated (at lease i supposed it's flir because the image on the MPCD is green supposedly to be used during night combat), how do I switch back to black/white as it was before the update?

:(

You don't, the B/W was a limitation of DCS that needed to be fixed.

The green FLIR and MAV is the real life color. Black and white was wrong.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

But hey, green is better than pink :smilewink:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Green is good

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Hello to all.

Changing argument from the colour of the Flir, someone of you ever noticed that the JTAC often doesn't work properly ? I mean..sometimes they tell you "abort abort abort, sometimes they don't answer after that you told " ready to copy remarks" and sometimes they don't speak at all, also if now we are using the "easy communications option". I normally use like Afac an ATGW Stryker, because that veicole has the laser and I put it really near to the targets, also to unrealistic distances, some 150 metres, in order to have a clean Los to the target. Unfortunatly, also in this way often the Jtac doesn't work and that's a pity, because when it works it's really amazing... I hope that Razbam will give us soon an upgrade for the Litening pod, the best to use for aiming... By the way, do you have any suggestion for the Jtac or it's simply a bug ? Because if it is a bug, this bug last since many time... I 've noticed the same thing also using the Mirage 2000C... thanks for any suggestion and answer. Fabio

Hello to all.

Changing argument from the colour of the Flir, someone of you ever noticed that the JTAC often doesn't work properly ? I mean..sometimes they tell you "abort abort abort, sometimes they don't answer after that you told " ready to copy remarks" and sometimes they don't speak at all, also if now we are using the "easy communications option". I normally use like Afac an ATGW Stryker, because that veicole has the laser and I put it really near to the targets, also to unrealistic distances, some 150 metres, in order to have a clean Los to the target. Unfortunatly, also in this way often the Jtac doesn't work and that's a pity, because when it works it's really amazing... I hope that Razbam will give us soon an upgrade for the Litening pod, the best to use for aiming... By the way, do you have any suggestion for the Jtac or it's simply a bug ? Because if it is a bug, this bug last since many time... I 've noticed the same thing also using the Mirage 2000C... thanks for any suggestion and answer. Fabio

I cannot control how AI JTAC behaves, but I will ask ED to check what the problem can be.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello to all.

For jtac make sure when you set him up he has line of sight on the targets. Also set a callsign and frequency and then in the aircraft preset radio station tab of the misison editor, set the jtac frequency you set up earlier for the jtac unit on com 1 and com 2 presets. I usually use com 1 channel 2 and com 2 channel 2 for the jtac frequency. I've had the best luck doing this.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

TPOD/GBU-12 self-lase test. I released the bomb but forgot to arm it, so it did not explode but it hit the target right where the square is.

25626463_1554909851262314_20383913216448113_o.jpg?oh=c221d8a299aff252cf5d033b00f3d62c&oe=5AC2D321

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Nice! Can't tell you how many bombs I've released only to watch the camera of them hitting the target and nothing happening because I forgot to arm them..then switch back to cockpit and watch myself spiral towards the ground :)

• Like 1

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Just something I've been trying out... Are we able to slew the Maverick sensor from the dmt to the Maverick screen ? Say for example jtac lases a target, I uncage my Maverick then sensor select forward to IRMV..but it does not seem like the Maverick slaves to the target from the dmt. Maybe something I'm doing wrong. I usually use them separately, dmt to visualize target then independently slew Maverick sensor box over the dmt box and try to get a lock in that general area.

Is this the correct procedure?

You can indeed slew a mav to the point where the DMT/LST is looking at. You need to uncage the mavericks after locking with the DMT.

Here's a nice tutorial on how to do it:

Thanks, hmm I watched that video. I need to go back and watch it again. Maybe it was not working because my Mavericks were already uncaged each time the jtac unit responded with shift.

Black texture AGM-122 fixed, anything else?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3333228#post3333228

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

... anything else?

TGP is updated. Looks like still WIP, but better.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I was able to lase targets. Tried twice, new missions and and older updated one. The the new missions all seem fine, still trying to figure the mechanics of using the pod. On the updated mission, I had weird numbers for target range. This happened what seem randomly but need to test it more.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..