Assistance for moving zone on ship

Mud

Hey folks,

Could one of you guru's have a look at this small test mission and let me know why the moving zone is not working/triggering?

Happy flying!

Mud

UH-1 - Pick up..miz

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Hey folks,

Could one of you guru's have a look at this small test mission and let me know why the moving zone is not working/triggering?

Problem:

1. Radio transmisson command in trigger doesn't allow message to display for some reason, rewrote, but didn't test radio transmission was working.
  2. Few units height for landing embark and disembark incorrect.
  3. Unit in moving zone trigger setup incorrectly, top unit is the players unit, second is the zone and the third is the ship unit you want the zone to follow.
  4. Disembark command had condition of "Group in zone" and not "Unit in moving zone".
  5. Changed Message commands to Message to all, because I use the AI and Combined arms commanders to monitor flight, and Message to Coalition or group will not show to a commander.

Made a AI version that will fly mission to show things working, and the normal one for player to play.

Cheers, Ian.

UH-1 - Pick up AI test.miz

UH-1 - Pick up_Fixed.miz

• Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hey MadDog, thanks for the info. The mission was just a rough draft and I mainly wanted to know what was wrong with the moving zone. So thanks for the other info already :)

Anyway, am I right to assume that you cannot trigger something from a moving zone apart from a player entering that zone? So it can't trigger something off an AI unit?

Mud

Spoiler

Hey MadDog, thanks for the info. The mission was just a rough draft and I mainly wanted to know what was wrong with the moving zone. So thanks for the other info already :)

Anyway, am I right to assume that you cannot trigger something from a moving zone apart from a player entering that zone? So it can't trigger something off an AI unit?

Mud

Your welcome, hope it's useful.

Good question, but you would be able to use it like any other trigger zone, AI or Player makes no difference, it will still trigger.

There must be a bug in DCS at the moment because having the Radio command and message command in the same trigger, didn't allow the message to be displayed unless the radio command was deleted, that isn't normal, hence why I separated both commands into 2 different triggers.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks again, MadDog. I would not have figured out the radio and message command not being able to co-exist at the moment.

I'm working the weekend, but I'll check it out tonight or during the next week as I'm off then anyway.

Spoiler

I have tested and the radio does not seem to be working. I reckon it is bugged at the moment for moving zones?

Another question, MadDog, why do you use normal altitude above, rather than AGL?

It's thanks to you now I also saw that in the triggers the altitude is always in the metric system.

Best regards,

Mud

Spoiler

I have tested and the radio does not seem to be working. I reckon it is bugged at the moment for moving zones?

I thought it odd that you programmed the radio to only transmit when your within 3km of the frigate (in moving zone) to get the homing beacon, kind of defeats its purpose, the homing beacon should be transmitting at mission start from the actual ship unit, so you can navigate to the ship via radio beacon (Just checked, you can't link radio beacon to a ship and certainly will not be linked to the in moving zone trigger area, effectively the radio signal has no fixed position).

Another question, MadDog, why do you use normal altitude above, rather than AGL?

It's thanks to you now I also saw that in the triggers the altitude is always in the metric system.

Best regards,

Mud

I have always used normal altitude because that was the only way you could do it, I have never seen the AGL option you were using before, so I think that it is relatively new, secondly, you can just read the MSL altitude off the info panel of map on any spot to get the height of ground for the setting.

Cheers.

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

I thought it odd that you programmed the radio to only transmit when your within 3km of the frigate (in moving zone) to get the homing beacon, kind of defeats its purpose, the homing beacon should be transmitting at mission start from the actual ship unit, so you can navigate to the ship via radio beacon (Just checked, you can't link radio beacon to a ship and certainly will not be linked to the in moving zone trigger area, effectively the radio signal has no fixed position).

Cheers.

I thought I read you can put a homing beacon on a moving zone. But indeed all I wanted is a ship to have one, which is indeed not possible (yet).

Edited by Mud
typo
Spoiler

Can't you set an advanced waypoint action to transmit a radio message on a given frequency with a certain power? We use this to home in on units using the Mi-8 ARC-UD and R-828 and it works fine on moving units.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo