Razbam domain goes Dark

Fisu_MAD

This reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. The neighbors are standing in on the front lawn one cool summer evening just after dusk, when they notice the lights on the new neighbor's house flashing on and off for several seconds. Everyone wonders what's going on, with some conjectures of the weird inhabitants of the house. Then it happens at another house, with more now accusatory speculation on why. Then another and another and yet another house. The neighbors are beset by panic and accusations against one another, all threatening to defend their property to the last drop of someone's blood and bolt off to lock themselves in their home-fortresses and peek out from behind curtains at the deadly threats their neighbors exude :megalol:

Good one Decoy. I'll be looking forward to 1.4.2020 :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

All because of bugs and missing features not being worked on for months.
You mean you really did not notice the new JDAMs for the Harrier in today's update?! I call that quite a feature they worked on, over the last months! ;)

Edit: ...and as far as we talk bugs worked on: "updated fuel flow" is in, as well.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You mean you really did not notice the new JDAMs for the Harrier in today's update?! I call that quite a feature they worked on, over the last months! ;)

Edit: ...and as far as we talk bugs worked on: "updated fuel flow" is in, as well.

Oh God be praised, they added the jdams and tweaked the severly wrong fuel flow. Have you checked the list of bugs that have been there since 2 years unresolved?

How about they start ironing out the BASIC stuff that's not working instead of adding yet more half-baked features?

Lol, the bloody velocity vector on the hud is wrong, I can hardly imagine something more in your face than that...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I really wanna try that... but DCS keeps crashing at the INS alignment process and operating the EHSD page...

There are only about a dozen threads in this forum explaining that this ONLY happens if you have no waypoints created for your Harrier in the mission editor.

If you spent half as much time searching the forum as you used do post this, you would have know that.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

C'mon... you make it really look like people are ungrateful while in reality I would say that the community is quite patient and restrained considering how bad the situation with Harrier is. We're talking about a module released 2 years ago and then after a few months of initial progress left pretty much without any substantial investment or support. Speaking of JDAMS's - those had been released already a few months back and since then left in such buggy state that it wasn't even possible to get them out of the plane.

Be pragmatic, it's great that we got this update and for sure it's welcome but it's merely a first step in a long journey for Razbam to get things on the right track for Harier.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

C'mon... you make it really look like people are ungrateful while in reality I would say that the community is quite patient and restrained considering how bad the situation with Harrier is. We're talking about a module released 2 years ago and then after a few months of initial progress left pretty much without any substantial investment or support. Speaking of JDAMS's - those had been released already a few months back and since then left in such buggy state that it wasn't even possible to get them out of the plane.

Be pragmatic, it's great that we got this update and for sure it's welcome but it's merely a first step in a long journey for Razbam to get things on the right track for Harier.

Oh, it's just a handful of people... but yes, ungrateful sounds pretty much correct. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The JDAMs were not "released", they were accidentally in the arming options. And of course they would not work without the code Razbam developed over the last months...

Edit: ...and it is actually the 5th or 6th "step" in terms of fixes updates over the last year. So actually they make slow but constant progress.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Oh, it's just a handful of people... but yes, ungrateful sounds pretty much correct. ;)

It seems that its quite easy to fulfill your personal requirements.

Please don't expect all other paying customers to be also so happy about that low quality and slow development "speed" as you are.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

It seems that its quite easy to fulfill your personal requirements.

Please don't expect all other paying customers to be also so happy about that low quality and slow development "speed" as you are.

I did not say anything about being happy with the speed of progress.

I merely corrected another false statement that intended to portray Razbam as "not fixing/updating" any of their work and that the JDAM addition is the first patch/update since 2 years, while in fact they have done multiple patches and feature updates to the MiG-19, Harrier and Mirage over the last year alone.

Sorry I have a problem with casual dishonesty that tries to manipulate opinion to cater a dubious cause.

Shagrat

The JDAMs were not "released", they were accidentally in the arming options...

A bug is a bug bug but what does it tell about the quality of the release process to "accidentally" release something that wasn't intended as it's not complete. More over, leave it in such state for a few months - just so that people notice something new and spend time playing with it just to their frustration find out its just not complete and not working and is such a WIP that never should have been released (even considering ea standards) to begin with.

Edit: ...and it is actually the 5th or 6th "step" in terms of fixes updates over the last year. So actually they make slow but constant progress.

I'm really trying to be pragmatic and wish a good luck to Razbam as they did manage to get a comprehensive update for M-2000C just recently. Let's be realistic however, if you consider the progress for Harrier slow and steady, comparing to other modules (also in early access), if it just gets a bit slower we'll start to see the lines of code disappearing.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I did not say anything about being happy with the speed of progress.

I merely corrected another false statement that intended to portray Razbam as "not fixing/updating" any of their work and that the JDAM addition is the first patch/update since 2 years, while in fact they have done multiple patches and feature updates to the MiG-19, Harrier and Mirage over the last year alone.

Sorry I have a problem with casual dishonesty that tries to manipulate opinion to cater a dubious cause.

Sorry but now you're manipulating the facts. No one has said that JDAMS are the fist patch since 2 years. Secondly, we're mainly talking about the poor progress on Harrier - now you're trying to get the fact that there had been updates to MiG-19 which has nothing to do with Harrier.

As far the Harrier is concerned, facts speak for themselves. Just go to the change log: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693. Up until yesterday, the last patch for Harrier was communicated in August - that's almost 5 months where there had been nothing new. If you study the updates more in details just most of them are fixes, not any new major functionality. Last but not least, compare the Harrier change log to let's say the change log of F/A-18 or frankly speaking any other module in early access - this should make it really clear that there is something wrong and it's not an ea issue but just a pure fact that Harrier barely gets any attention.

Edited by firmek

8<

No one has said that JDAMS are the fist patch since 2 years.

8<

No, I'm sure that is in reference to Ms. Harlikwin's claim that CTD on waypoint add when no waypoint defined in ME had been there since 2 years,

Been that way for like 2 years, dont hold your breath.

and then master Viper's support of that statement.

So, since when do you think the bug is present then?

The forum is becoming a veritable sideshow because of these two. Not a single thing can happen in this forum without these two spewing their childish poison in nearly every thread opened just to say how unhappy they are over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm sure the next statement from these two is going to be how if anyone doesn't like their constant diatribes then RAZBAM should finally fix everything to their liking. No! They should STFU!! Their constant harping brings NOTHING to the table -N-O-T-H-I-N-G-!-!- except to poison the atmosphere in this forum.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

The forum is becoming a veritable sideshow because of these two. Not a single thing can happen in this forum without these two spewing their childish poison in nearly every thread opened just to say how unhappy they are over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

[/Quote]

Won't you do some research before saying something like that?

Thanks for that awesome amount of bugfixes in that short time!

JF-17 is done outstanding. Outstanding support after release.

Keep on doing that great work!

ED, you did an awesome job on the new cockpit.

By far the best looking and most readable cockpit in VR so far!

Well done, thank you.

Seems like I'm only saying how unhappy I am, right?

I'm sure the next statement from these two is going to be how if anyone doesn't like their constant diatribes then RAZBAM should finally fix everything to their liking. No! They should STFU!! Their constant harping brings NOTHING to the table -N-O-T-H-I-N-G-!-!- except to poison the atmosphere in this forum.

All I want is that Razbam should do their job I've paid them for. And it seems that I'm not the only one.

If you think I'm only poisoning the atmosphere and don't do anything constructive, then it seems that you haven't read my countless bug reports which all get ignored by Razbam.

Question for you:

What comparable modules to the Harrier are you also flying? Do you have anything to compare?

I'm also flying the F-14, F-16, F-18, A-10c, JF-17, Viggen & Uh-1h regulary. Can you point where I'm only poisoning around in those subs?

I'd guess you are missing comparable modules from other devs to know that a few bug fixes per update are normaly, and not per year. And also that 2 years in EA with that much missing features, bugs and wrong implemented things is not normal.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

No, I'm sure that is in reference to Ms. Harlikwin's claim that CTD on waypoint add when no waypoint defined in ME had been there since 2 years,

Well man, I'm not calling the one thats calling people names. But child on my friend.

And I do find this apropos.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Won't you do some research before saying something like that?

Seems like I'm only saying how unhappy I am, right?

All I want is that Razbam should do their job I've paid them for. And it seems that I'm not the only one.

If you think I'm only poisoning the atmosphere and don't do anything constructive, then it seems that you haven't read my countless bug reports which all get ignored by Razbam.

Question for you:

What comparable modules to the Harrier are you also flying? Do you have anything to compare?

I'm also flying the F-14, F-16, F-18, A-10c, JF-17, Viggen & Uh-1h regulary. Can you point where I'm only poisoning around in those subs?

I'd guess you are missing comparable modules from other devs to know that a few bug fixes per update are normaly, and not per year. And also that 2 years in EA with that much missing features, bugs and wrong implemented things is not normal.

And there you go strawmanning again. I said nothing of what you post in other sections of the forum. I only spoke of here.

You insinuate and claim that RAZBAM not making progress with the Harrier is because of choice. That ED broke the carrier code on the Tarawa was already pointed out, but you harp on RAZBAM because of that regardless. The same goes for the TPOD and waypoints. The TPOD is a unified piece of equipment under development by ED. RAZBAM cannot fix it's implementation in the Harrier until ED has completed there work. The same goes for FLIR.

I would like to see things progress rapidly as much as you any everyone else. Have you noticed something over the last months? RAZBAM isn't getting anything fixed quicker for all your harping and complaining. How does that saying go about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results?

The results I do see is that none of the RB devs hardly ever show their faces in the forum and that includes their community manager Decoy. Why do you think that might be? I know that I have started to think twice before opening the RAZBAM forum, and I'm starting to think that before I let my enjoyment of my hobby be tainted by the misbehavior of a few there are other steps which might be taken to alleviate the situation.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Well man, I'm not calling the one thats calling people names. But child on my friend.

And I do find this apropos.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

If I ever resort to calling you names, please call me out, because I do not believe in that. I however did not call you any names. I did describe how I find you are acting. I hope you are aware of the difference.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler