Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little hesitant to get the Syria map having only 16g of RAM and a 4g GPU. Using the settings I use for other maps, which are pretty high, I took the F-16 for a flight from Homs to Beirut and was quite surprised to be getting 40-50 FPS flying around...until I decided to check out Beirut at low level and it turned into a 14 FPS slideshow. Doing some treetop flying in the M-I8 also showed low FPS so I knew Id have to tinker with settings to hopefully get better results. I had read in some threads that lowering terrain texture helped and it did. Doing that and lowering view distance to ultra and trees to 90% looks pretty good and pop up not to bad. For the most part FPS staying above 30 near cities and lots of trees. I know more RAM and better GPU would be nice but at least its playable with a low end rig.

Really is an awesome map. Thought I might have playability issues but not disappointed at all. Thanks for the great addition Ugra! I dont see myself flying anywhere else for quite some time.

Edited by cthulhu68

Love the detail on this map.

PS: check out this video...nice inspiration to see some footage from RL and the aircraft we recognize.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 3 weeks later...
A lot of this has been thoroughly discussed in the other thread, like the Cyprus question:

That thread also has a lot of screenshots of the map, like here:

This would be great

Has there been any indication of Syria map expanding to cover south Israel ? Great map, but not squished in the south

Has there been any indication of Syria map expanding to cover south Israel ? Great map, but not squished in the south

To be honest if we get Cyprus for free, it is already a pretty large expansion right? I am all for "more more more" but the map as it is today is quite nice, the terrain is not small and the level of details is miles ahead of Caucasus or Persian gulf. Throw in Cyprus later (if they actually do it, they didn't promise anything) and it makes for an awesome map as is.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals