FC3, switch joystick settings on the fly?

fitness88

Is it possible in DCS/FC3 to have multiple joystick settings and using a shortcut switch them on the fly?

This can be done by joystick-software, but it depends on which joystick you have. It sure can be done for x52/x52pro (and maybe x45), because I have used it: you prepare & save settings using saitek-profiler, and later you can switch profiles at any time, even while in game (iirc you can see current profile on MFD).

Unfortunatelly, I did not find any easy way to do it for THW-joystick, which I'm using now. It is a pitty, because with profiler (T.A.R.G.E.T. software) you can do much more than in game, i.e. you can program key-sequence, key-repeating macro, short/long button press, etc.

This can be done by joystick-software, but it depends on which joystick you have. It sure can be done for x52/x52pro (and maybe x45), because I have used it: you prepare & save settings using saitek-profiler, and later you can switch profiles at any time, even while in game (iirc you can see current profile on MFD).

Unfortunatelly, I did not find any easy way to do it for THW-joystick, which I'm using now. It is a pitty, because with profiler (T.A.R.G.E.T. software) you can do much more than in game, i.e. you can program key-sequence, key-repeating macro, short/long button press, etc.

Thank you for your response.

I do use Saitek X52 pro and do use multiple Saitek profiles [.pro files]...but the joystick is another matter as you have discovered. DCS allows for different JS axis curve adjustments but only 1 for each plane [p.28 DCS user manual]. I want to have more than 1 JS axis curve adjustments for one plane. An example would be having a different set of curves for landing and a different set of curves for combat.

I do not understand your problem. I know you can have only one set of settings per aircraft in DCS, but let's forget DCS now. You can set-up everything (including axis-curves) in joystick profiler. So when you switch joystick-profile, you switch everything (keybindings, curves, etc.)...

I do not understand your problem. I know you can have only one set of settings per aircraft in DCS, but let's forget DCS now. You can set-up everything (including axis-curves) in joystick profiler. So when you switch joystick-profile, you switch everything (keybindings, curves, etc.)...

I never saw curve settings for the joystick in the Saitek software...where are they in the settings setup and do they work similar to the curves in DCS?

BTW, do you know what the '10 90' indicates on the bottom left HUD when in NAV mode?

Thanks.

Edited by fitness88

I do not know exactly where these settings are (not using Saitek joystick anymore) but they *are* there, I'm pretty sure. They work the same way, and have similar possibilities to control axes (dead-zone, curvature control, etc.).

Saitek Profiler is handy software, and you can do a lot with it. Much more than in DCS. For example, I use Saitek-profiler now only for pedals and I programmed them so that I can use it for wheel-braking in FC3 (normally you can not assign axis for it, only key) and even control intensity of braking (more I press pedal = more braking). Etc., etc.

I do not know exactly where these settings are (not using Saitek joystick anymore) but they *are* there, I'm pretty sure. They work the same way, and have similar possibilities to control axes (dead-zone, curvature control, etc.).

Saitek Profiler is handy software, and you can do a lot with it. Much more than in DCS. For example, I use Saitek-profiler now only for pedals and I programmed them so that I can use it for wheel-braking in FC3 (normally you can not assign axis for it, only key) and even control intensity of braking (more I press pedal = more braking). Etc., etc.

I hear you...I use many of the options in the Saitek software myself including bands, macros, quantizing, etc. but I don't recall curves for joystick.

In the profile editor you have to find your axis and switch it to the axis assignment. The default is fallback. Then you will get a + slider to adjust sensitivity. There is no option for a dead zone that I found. I haven't tried using it but I would think you could get a different setting using the 3 modes within one profile.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

In the profile editor you have to find your axis and switch it to the axis assignment. The default is fallback. Then you will get a + slider to adjust sensitivity. There is no option for a dead zone that I found. I haven't tried using it but I would think you could get a different setting using the 3 modes within one profile.

There are dead zones that can be set up in the Saitek control panel [not Saitek software]. You can set up far more than 3 modes if you chose more shift state buttons.

There is limited axis control but no curve affect to that axis as far as I can see.

Not a curve setting. All you get is sensitivity. Would you really want to hold a shiftstate button while moving the stick to change sensitivity.

I don't get what you're saying.

All I was originally asking about was curve setting capabilities within Saitek software, I get that it's not an option and that I will have to accept only one set of curves per plane.

Yeah only one curve per plane. You could adjust the sensitivity in saitek profiler with the mode switch. However a curve is not possible. It would be a straight line sensitivity adjustment. Although combined with the dcs curve im guessing you could make something work.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Yeah only one curve per plane. You could adjust the sensitivity in saitek profiler with the mode switch. However a curve is not possible. It would be a straight line sensitivity adjustment. Although combined with the dcs curve im guessing you could make something work.

Now I understand what you are saying, yes that is an option I can explore...thanks pacotito for the heads up.