question about 6DOF and HUD map

fitness88

• 2 weeks later...

After trying the 6DOF in the F-15C, I prefer not.

Does anyone know exactly how to fix the 'enable snap view' glitch in the F-15C so customized snap views can be remembered from flight to flight?

Also, has anyone figured out how to adjust the F-15C FOV, to allow for greater head rotation to look behind?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

I have no problem with 6DOF...I just don't like the movement affect.

Me neither. I do not like it, because I'm constantly missing important info. I see all on HUD only when I have my head perfectly "in the middle" (using TrackIR). As soon as move my head a little, I loose something (be it heading, speed, altitude, or weapon-info).

And one more thing: icons on hud are now very small! I have to move my head far forward to see anything (but then, canopy-frame seems huge). Also some instruments have pretty distorted perspective (i.e. RWR).

A side info: I had the possibility to test military MiG-29 sim (basically cockpit of real MiG-29), and I have been sitting in Su-27 too. While it is not much, from my very little "real-life" experience I feel image on hud-screen in reality does not move so much as it is in DCS/6dof cocpit. Also ratio between icon-size (on hud) and "cockpit-size" is different. I did not have to move my head so much forward. And I could follow HUD and RWR at the same time (that is nearly impossible for me in DCS)...

Me neither. I do not like it, because I'm constantly missing important info. I see all on HUD only when I have my head perfectly "in the middle" (using TrackIR). As soon as move my head a little, I loose something (be it heading, speed, altitude, or weapon-info).

Fully agree with that. Even if I snapview at the HUD, part of the information can still be missing.

And one more thing: icons on hud are now very small! I have to move my head far forward to see anything (but then, canopy-frame seems huge). Also some instruments have pretty distorted perspective (i.e. RWR).

Regarding this, what you can do is to move your head a little farther from the screen than you like, press F12 (to center your view in TrackIR), and then sit in your comfortable position. You get the idea.

Fully agree with that. Even if I snapview at the HUD, part of the information can still be missing.

Can you please tell me how you set up your snap view in F-15C. I know how to do it in the Mig-29 but the F-15C doesn't seem to allow for enabling snap views without the HUD getting messing Up?

Can you please tell me how you set up your snap view in F-15C. I know how to do it in the Mig-29 but the F-15C doesn't seem to allow for enabling snap views without the HUD getting messing Up?

Sorry, but I was referring to my experience with Su-27. I haven't tried F15 yet...

All of sudden today I was able to utilize the snap views for the F-15C without messing up the HUD as reported in the above posts.

I enabled the snap views in the options of DCS and did these same instructions I've done in the past and it remembers the settings and the HUD is totally readable.

In /config/view/view.lua find:

DisableSnapViewsSaving = True

UseDefaultSnapViews = True

Change both to false

In game, to assign KP3:

Press KP0 + KP?, then adjust the view to what you like, then press RAlt + KP0 to save.