IIAMA refresh 144HZ - but one time booted with lower value

Hello.

My pc:

*Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage. Power outage was because fuse was tripped because of kitchen which was turned on in other room.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz.

When i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again.

So that was bug or that power outage related?

But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.

But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10.

PS: I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing?

BY ALL Fracking Hardware Gods !!!!!!!

DO NOT interrupt the power chord for testing purposes, you are yelling very loud for trouble by doing so !

Sometimes, as you say, power outages cause a Bios/Eprom to RESET into factory default. That was what happened. It's like a Russian Roulette, it happens, sometimes, you never know when but it will occur eventually.

Be happy that you dont suffer other damages by now.

My tip: APCC.COM UPS device ! if your power circuits are questionable, use one of those to protect your investment.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

Ah. I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not pc first power on ) power outage. But on second time when i boot to Windows 10

Any ideas?

dont cut power from your PC while it is running

power off PC , power off monitor , remove display port cable from graphics card on back of PC

Power on monitor

Power on PC wait for it to boot up (1 minute)

Connect display port cable back in to graphics card

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

As Bit said. UPS

I use Cyberpower or APC throughout my house. Nothing more complex than a table lamp or an Amazon Echo is plugged directly into the wall.

Even without a power outage the power coming down the line is 'dirty' so you cannot trust it not to disturb delicate electronics.

Personally, in your situation, I would have an electrician install a new circuit so your PC room is not on the same circuit as anything else, especially not the kitchen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Most houses should have seperate circuits for everything unless you are in some 3rd world country

Usually the cooker/oven have are on a seperate one because they are insanely high load and have a huge circuit breaker with a high rating

and they tend to be split by type

eg

upstairs lights

down stairs lights

upstairs wall plug sockets.....

and so forth

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Most houses should have seperate circuits for everything unless you are in some 3rd world country

Usually the cooker/oven have are on a seperate one because they are insanely high load and have a huge circuit breaker with a high rating

and they tend to be split by type

eg

upstairs lights

down stairs lights

upstairs wall plug sockets.....

and so forth

My house is fifty years old but not in a third world country. While major kitchen appliances have their own circuits there are still outlets in the kitchen where many people have microwaves and toasters which both draw lots of power. Also, lights and outlets in a given room are on the same circuit.

Step one is to have a good diagram of what it connected to which circuit breaker. You might be surprised at what is on the same circuit.

My workshop is wonderful since it has eight circuits in a 10x20 foot space but it was purpose built with it's end use in mind.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:smilewink:

*image*

That can work, however, since I have dogs it just amounts to a chew toy that bites back. ;)

Nope. That isn't nice and my dogs are my children. They can be dumb as a post, sometimes, but I love them anyway.

coincidence, triggered by bad luck and a half moon hanging sideways off the sky ;)

Still, I would think about an UPS; an electrician and some other mystical things :director:

kidding aside, if this power-outage happens more than once a year, consider a 600VA UPS or bigger. I like the APC-SmartUPS-1000, that served me well many years.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X