FAC Question

Hi,

just to learn the Mission Editor i set up a FAC Mission in Caucasus using the A-10C.

There is a Jeep acting as FAC, a few enemy tanks and the FAC is set up just as i found out via google and some youtube videos.

Meaning he has Advanced Waypoint Action as FAC to engage the Tank group, Hes invisible, unvulnerable and he has a radio frequenzy.

But i cant contact him and have no idea what im doing wrong.

I add the Mission that you can check and hopefully spot my mistake.

please help me to understand this.

02-FAC.miz

Did you give the FAC a radio frequency and call sign?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I just look at the missions you posted and the FAC did not have a call sign nor radio frequency. Look at the advance waypoint tasks, add and look for FAC option. It should allow you to tell the unit what its call sign is and what frequency to use. I am looking on the manual see if I can find a better way to explain it...there might also be a video or post about it. Let me see if I can find something.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Start in page 142 of the DCS manual. The manual should be in the drive you installed DCS in:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World (or what ever version of DCS you are using)\Doc

To whom it may concern,

1FNLaMnk7S0

To whom it may concern,

Hm thats interesting.

When im opening the Mission and go into the Advanced Wapoint Stuff into the FAC engage Group Action, there is his Callsign (Axeman) and below his Frequency 33 FM.

I just redone another test mission using the advice from that youtube video.

I did exactly the same but nothing in the radio menu.

Only difference i can see so far is that im using the german version/translation of DCS.

Whould you be so kind and offer me a sample mission with a working JTAC i can take a look at?

I forgot to ask, which aircraft are you using?

To whom it may concern,

Here is a mission for A-10C version 1.5.7.11476.394. You will have an Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC, MQ-9, 132 AM) and Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC, Striker, 33 FM)

[ATTACH]172057[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,

Thank you very much for this Test Mission.

I assume this Missions works on your machine otherwise you wouldnt have send me this.

The weird thing is it works when i start your Mission BUT.

When i open your Mission in the Missioneditor and open the Advanced Waypoint Actions of the JTAC, its just empty. Not a single action there. On the other Hand there is that triangle Symbol on the Map pointing to the Aggressor Vehicle.

Well its time for a Bug Report i think

You may want to do a repair on you installation. It seems your DCS is not working correctly. Do you use any MODS? Skins or such?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

To whom it may concern,