Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?

Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?

• Logitech G940
    • MS FFB2
    • Other (please specify)
    • No FFB Device

G940 stick can be good after some modding - shim the plastic shaft, replace bearings and load everything down with a heavy mechanical grease; then, adjust the magnet closer to the Hall sensor and recalibrate. You can make it nearly 50% better just by turning down the ridiculous amount of force that is on the stick by default. The tiny gears and plastic assembly were not meant for that kind of force. Of course, FFB2 is nearly perfect out of the box, but I wouldn't get rid of a G940 stick if you had one laying around. The buttons and hats as well as the dual-stage trigger makes it worth keeping. Too bad they never released a firmware update to fix the issue with the hysteresis on the analog axes.
That's like saying the car could be good if you just replaced the engine, transmission, suspension, tires, and electrical system.

Better to just get a MSFFB2 and have it work correctly right out of the box.

Yes a MSFFB2 has less buttons and hat switches but how many do you really need on the helicopters anyway?

I use my X-55 stick and throttle for fixed wing and my MSFFB2 and X-55 throttle for helicopters.

The ONLY reason I still have my G940 is because I need it right now for the pedals. Once I make a crossover box I will have it hooked to my G29 usb cable (see below).

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187

After that the G940 stick is off to eBay to let some modder fix.

My MS stick though..... I would not sell that at ANY price. I have almost thought about buying 1 or 2 more on eBay as spares.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You may be exaggerating a bit, but I get the picture. People do find it worthwhile to do aftermarket modifications on cars they are fond of, when the case may be that they would rather have a vanilla Ferrari or Lamborghini, but there's no accounting for one's preferences and means. I have a few FFB2's as well in my collection, but I find the G940 stick to be almost as good with lower force settings. In terms of construction, the FFB2 is a masterpiece of consumer design, the G940 less so, but I like both.

You may be exaggerating a bit, but I get the picture. People do find it worthwhile to do aftermarket modifications on cars they are fond of, when the case may be that they would rather have a vanilla Ferrari or Lamborghini, but there's no accounting for one's preferences and means. I have a few FFB2's as well in my collection, but I find the G940 stick to be almost as good with lower force settings. In terms of construction, the FFB2 is a masterpiece of consumer design, the G940 less so, but I like both.

If I am exaggerating it is under.

Seriously, the stick is terrible.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I selected SWFFB2 and none because it depends on the aircraft. I use SWFFB for the Huey and Mi-8 (where force trim is more important than buttons), and my Warthog for everything else. I would really love a FFB mechanism that allowed the Cougar/Warthog stick to be affixed, then have the signals except for XY passed through to the Cougar/WH stick base on the other side. Similar to PeterP's mod, but with a native XY axis instead of his Hall conversion of the SWFFB2 axis.

I also have the Jetseat, but didn't think to add that until reading other posts.