A-7 by RAZBAM confirmed!

MrDieing

It's not really news is it? Razbam said and showed they were working on it ages ago, and it wasn't long ago they said even more about it in the "...are you interested in seeing" thread when they said they were waiting on ED's ground radar.

That aside, is this *actually* confirmed, ie licence with ED signed? After the Mig-23 fun, that's probably the most important part with any "announced" aircraft these days.

Edited by Buzzles

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proportion of "announced" vs completed content in this community is absurd.

See you in 2025 A7!

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Porting from FSX isnt a Guaranteed Shortcut.

Animations would need re-done, as well as connectors, and textures, and geometry shading etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yeah, I remember they said modeling work was not insignificant for Mirage, and systems were more or less from scratch. And that was for a newly made model.

Maybe it does make things a bit faster, maybe not, but my impression is that FSX to DCS isn't really too big of an accelerator for module development.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

looks neat, what kind of capability does the A-7 have?

Armament

Guns: 1× M61A1 Vulcan 20 mm (0.787 in) rotary cannon with 1,030 rounds

Hardpoints: 6× under-wing and 2× fuselage pylon stations (for mounting AIM-9 Sidewinder AAMs only) with a capacity of 15,000 lb (6,803.9 kg) total capacity,with provisions to carry combinations of:

Rockets: 4× LAU-10 rocket pods (each with 4× 127 mm (5.000 in) Mk 32 Zuni rockets)

Missiles:

2× AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile

2× AGM-45 Shrike anti-radiation missile

2× AGM-62 Walleye TV-guided glide bomb

2× AGM-65 Maverick air-to-ground missile

2× AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missile

2× GBU-8 HOBOS electro-optically guided glide bomb

Bombs:

Up to 30× 500 lb (226.8 kg) Mark 82 bombs or Mark 80 series of unguided bombs (including 6.6 lb (3 kg) and 31 lb (14 kg) practice bombs)

Paveway series of laser-guided bombs

Up to 4× B28 nuclear bomb/B43 nuclear bomb/B57 nuclear bomb/B61 nuclear bomb/B83 nuclear bombs

Other: up to 4 × 300 US gal (1,100 l), 330 US gal (1,200 l) or370 US gal (1,400 l) drop tanks[nb 1]

Avionics

AN/ASN-90(V) Inertial reference system

AN/ASN-91(V) navigation/weapon delivery computer

AN/APN-190(V) Doppler groundspeed and drift detector

Texas Instruments AN/APQ-126(V) Terrain-following radar (TFR)

AN/AVQ-7(V) Head Up display (HUD)

CP-953A/AJQ solid state Air Data computer (ADC)

AN/ASN-99 Projected Map Display (PMD)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTV_A-7_Corsair_II

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

I am not sure but, I think Maverick was exclusive to D and Shrike (and may be HARM?) was exclusive to E. So I'd really hope getting them both!

I also think, Greek A-7H eventually also got a weapon highly similar to Viggen's BK90, possibly a newer and better one too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hmmm... Didn't they also promise us the MiG-23MFD and failed? Not a big fan of RAZBAM really. The Mirage is not done in a such a good way either, in my opinion.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hmmm... Didn't they also promise us the MiG-23MFD and failed? Not a big fan of RAZBAM really. The Mirage is not done in a such a good way either, in my opinion.
Promise is a really strong word. They showed some very early WIPs that, unfortunately, caused a lot of hype which led to deep disappointment when the news came down that they couldn't do it.

mirage is pretty good for something still in early release.

I think veo hawk that was very rocky beta release and one that still has plenty noticeable bugs to be fixed. and it's a trainer. not a 4th generation supersonic fighter

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

While I very much agree with you on Mirage, I don't think it is fair to use the MiG-23MLA's case, as it seems more of a case of them jumping the gun with announcing it, without first checking things with ED.

I honestly hope Razbam will handle their development differently from how they do with Mirage, because their to-do list includes some aircraft I am very, very interested in, A-7 being perhaps one of the foremost of them.

Seeing that those modules generally have much more information available on them either systems or flight data wise, I would say there is reason to remain hopeful.

But I really hope, for example, that they won't go the route of mixing multiple variant's options together in one variant.

DCS-Dismounts Script

I honestly hope Razbam will handle their development differently from how they do with Mirage, because their to-do list includes some aircraft I am very, very interested in, A-7 being perhaps one of the foremost of them.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Razbam clearly stated the version of the Mirage we were getting since prior to pre-purchase began. Razbam then went on to clearly state the condition of the Mirage at the start of early access and then laid out a rough framework of what they were planning to achieve.

Overall I believe it took longer than they originally planned; they did keep us informed during the entire process. I actually think that Razbam did an outstanding job of how they handled it.

That's not to say I didn't wish things happened at a faster pace.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

A7 Corsair II

Hi all.......i would like to see a Portuguese Skin.....thanks RAZBAM and good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

But I really hope, for example, that they won't go the route of mixing multiple variant's options together in one variant.

If you are thinking in the DDM which is not present in the original Mirage, well, at least they leave the option to remove it in the module settings, which is nice. Otherwise the variant is quite well defined and AFAIK they didn't make any additional concession.

Just a suggestion to all developers:

Don't announce a project unless it is ready for alpha release.

:thumbup::thumbup: I cannot agree more

Regards!

Edited by amalahama

While I very much agree with you on Mirage, I don't think it is fair to use the MiG-23MLA's case, as it seems more of a case of them jumping the gun with announcing it, without first checking things with ED.

I honestly hope Razbam will handle their development differently from how they do with Mirage,

Do you mind posting what exactly is wrong with the M-2000C?

I'm not really following the module's development, but from the little I've tried, it's better than I expected so I'd be curious to know about its prominent flaws.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm not really following the module's development, but from the little I've tried, it's better than I expected so I'd be curious to know about its prominent flaws.

you will always have eternal complainers. If the devs hold the product until its 100% finished people will complain not having it a bit earlier eevn if it is not complete (like me). if they give it before you will have others complaining why is it out before finished.

In any case, the Mirage is an a very good state now. I fly almost only the Mirage and the Mig21, and they are now both at the same quality level. Both are not 100% complete, they are probbaly at 98%

Alrgiht as multiple people responded to this, I think I should respond, which I originally would not due to two reasons:

- Drifting quite off topic

- Coming off quite like bashing the Razbam, as I don't know how and if I can sugarcoat my impression

People responded with saying they think Razbam is working hard, regular and quick with updates, but I do certainly agree on that front. External graphics of Mirage are also awesome, both the model and texture are nothing short of gorgeous. And well at least it's flight model isn't SFM... Credit where it's due, I don't have a problem with these (well aside from flight model, but later...). I certainly don't have an issue with the chosen version being Mirage 2000C, on the contrary I believe it is potentially a nicer bridge have between older and newer flyables available, so it can potentially be used together in missions with them all.

My beef lies elsewhere: I remember them stating multiple times lack of documentation and what amounts to "making it up as they go", sometimes with systems, mostly with flight control system, and apparently with flight model itself too to a degree. There are multiple red flags for me here.

Also, from the beginning, they have displayed a tendency towards souping up the module for gameplay purposes, like possibly allowing for some precision guided weaponry that aren't for this version of the airframe. This didn't happen yet, however, a very similar thing happened with DDM, and Zeus even began his thread announcing the feature with saying it is not mounted on Mirage 2000C, and it's cockpit indications are "WAGUESS". I'd still say "ok fine, whatever" as they have made it optional, however, made the option on by default, which is not the correct way to approach features like these in my opinion. Then there's radar display overlay option, which, in my opinion, is just giving a helmet mounted to display to an aircraft that doesn't have it.

Another bit of what I consider as "souping it up for extra fun" is the missiles. I certainly am not saying ED missiles are perfect, or even great at all. Nor do I say other 3rd parties that added their own custom air to air missiles did an overly convincing job. However, some consistency needs to exist in sim, as modules do not exist in a vacuum, with one update, I recally R530 and R550 becoming the missiles with almost the best energy retention, tracking and countermeasure resistance. I do appreciate Razbam acting to fix earleier ED defalts which seemed to hit a wall of drag as soon as they are fired, but I am not sure if that effort is handled the right way.

I don't know if the damage model is fixed now, but it was, well... I guess silly is the nicest word I can use :). From what I see it still has issues, but is probably better than what it used to be.

Flight model itself, I honestly don't have confidence in it being realistic. During various stages of it's development, when it comes to turns it seemed over perform in one patch, under perform in another. With spin switch off, it seemed to display space ship like characteristics :). When it comes to thrust, it used to be able to climb almost to low earth orbit in some earlier patches :). Since no data from manufacturer was available (at least as far as we know anyway), fly by wire flight control system is also a guesstimation, based on original research and pilot anectodes. Airbrakes can slow you down while diving with pretty high thrust on. I do hope it'll get there though... Was it fun to fly? Boy... those bat turns sure was fun! But if they are not quite the way it should be, should them being fun be enough to give it a pass?

I got it day one, and while I was positive for it, and enjoyed the idea of Mirage 2000C, and the feel of it itself, slowly I've realized there were whole systems omitted, and flight model felt, well let's just say interesting... Cockpit textures were, quite honestly more or less looked like a certain infamous case of texturegate, but I guess people didn't throw the same fit because "ooohhh... shiney! 4th gen fighteer!", and honestly, that is a big part of the reason why most people like it :). That and, it being fun to throw around. My opinion anyways... I do understand and appreciate people looking forward to aricraft past 3rd gen, and also understand doing many of those 4th gen aircraft would require some leeway in documentation available and realism. I just believe this leeway seem being taken a bit too leniently in Mirage's case. The point of this last paragraph is, that the module was in a state where it really shouln't have been released when it was first released, not even nearly at that.

So, in a nutshell, it gives me the impression of doing and aircraft without much real documentation available because it is cool, and also the impression of wanting to add stuff and gameplay features that don't really belong on the particular version. And personally, these are not what I like to see, or tie with how I see and enjoy the DCS.

To be fair though... none of the flight models are %100 probably, and that is simply not realistic to expect. And, MiG-21, which was, and still kind of is, my favorite module, seems to be in a similar state unfortunately, despite being out for more than 2 years now, and despite having it's beta tag removed. Things can be fixed, and most modules have one issue or other, this is complex sutff do make. But what leaves a reserved impression on Razbam for me, is, rather their seeming tendency to try and do every airframe regardless of how much reliable info is out there, and their "openness" to potentially adding gameplay fluff to them as well.

This is how I see it, and only written this wall of text as many have asked me about why, and that's my why.

Getting back on topic itself, A-7 (as well A-6 and Tucano, possibly Mirage III too) are aircraft that are older, not made by Dassault who are infamous for their paranoid approach to flight sims :). Therefore with more reliable information available on them, I am positive and hopeful that they will create those modules in a way I will consider "better" in my definition of it. After all, they are flight sim addon development veterans of many many years, and have also made quite a bit of DCS experience already with Mirage and other modules they currently have in development. I was interested very highly in F-15E as well, but I think I'll personally get my 4th gen modern multipurpose jet in DCS fix from ED's Hornet instead, which will predate all Razbam modules with a ground radar anyway.

Over&Out from me as far as this off topic issue goes :).

• Like 2

DCS-Dismounts Script