Access in game dialog to learn brevity code

lasvideo

After spending the last few months learning the ins and outs of the A10C various systems, I felt it was time to put it all together and try some missions. I downloaded some off the Internet and tried to fly them. As things got heated up, I quickly discovered that I had no idea what was being communicated to me by the in game voices.

So my question is... is there any way I can access the various voice scripts in those missions so I can copy them and analyze what is being said? This is a quicker approach then going thru the whole game (in VR) and trying to write them down as I hear them.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

As it turns out what I need is the spontaneous brevity codes Im getting when Im getting attacked and such. So these are not scripted triggers but spontaneous warnings. Unfortunately they appear and disappear rather quickly and Pause doesnt keep them on screen :(

What you will hear most often will be an AWACS giving you a BRA(A) call.

It starts like most communication with the recipients Callsign, in this case your callsign

"Hawg 1-1",

Overlord, the callsign of the AWACS or GC etc.

The threat description etc. like "Pop up group" (new Radar contacts), "Bogey" (undetermined contact, maybe hostile or neutral), "Bandits" (known enemy).

B - Bearing from your position (the AWACS-Operator has you on its Radar screen) to the threat (in 0-359)

R - Range to the threat in NM

A - Altitude depends on format can be something like "High (7500-11000ft), or Angels , or 17.000 height in feet

A - Attitude the threat flys in reference to your position so "Hot" (towards you), "Cold" (away from you) or "Flanking" (on a parallel course).

So a call like "Hawg 1-1, Magic, pop up group, Bearing 189 for 140, angels 12, hot!

Means an AWACS with the callsign Magic has identified a new group of aircraft at a distance of 140 NM in the direction 189 (where you need to point the nose to directly fly towards them /mind this is not an intercept vector!), that is at 12.000 feet altitude and flying towards you.

Another way of giving direction is a Bullseye as the reference. So "bulls 15 for 69" means from the bullseye rough direction 150° in a distance of 69 NM.

"Hawg 1-1, Magic, Merged" means you are at 5 NM or closer to the threat. (the radar blips representing you and the other contact are merged on the screen... like in the Alien movie where they track the Captain and the Alien on the screen). ;)

Edited by shagrat
Corrected Angels call
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A - Altitude depends on format can be something like "High (7500-11000ft), or Angels <in feet x 100> , or 17.000 height in feet

that is at 12.000 feet altitude and flying towards you.

Actually "angels 120" is going to be 120000 feet. 12K would be angels 12

but from what I've heard, "angels" is used only for friendly aircraft

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Actually "angels 120" is going to be 120000 feet. 12K would be angels 12

but from what I've heard, "angels" is used only for friendly aircraft

Right, it is x 1.000 ft not 100 ft, my bad.

If I remember correct DCS gives precise MSL altitude.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What you will hear most often will be an AWACS giving you a BRA(A) call.

It starts like most communication with the recipients Callsign, in this case your callsign

"Hawg 1-1",

Overlord, the callsign of the AWACS or GC etc.

The threat description etc. like "Pop up group" (new Radar contacts), "Bogey" (undetermined contact, maybe hostile or neutral), "Bandits" (known enemy).

B - Bearing from your position (the AWACS-Operator has you on its Radar screen) to the threat (in 0-359)

R - Range to the threat in NM

A - Altitude depends on format can be something like "High (7500-11000ft), or Angels <in feet x 100> , or 17.000 height in feet

A - Attitude the threat flys in reference to your position so "Hot" (towards you), "Cold" (away from you) or "Flanking" (on a parallel course).

So a call like "Hawg 1-1, Magic, pop up group, Bearing 189 for 140, angels 120, hot!

Means an AWACS with the callsign Magic has identified a new group of aircraft at a distance of 140 NM in the direction 189 (where you need to point the nose to directly fly towards them /mind this is not an intercept vector!), that is at 12.000 feet altitude and flying towards you.

Another way of giving direction is a Bullseye as the reference. So "bulls 15 for 69" means from the bullseye rough direction 150° in a distance of 69 NM.

"Hawg 1-1, Magic, Merged" means you are at 5 NM or closer to the threat. (the radar blips representing you and the other contact are merged on the screen... like in the Alien movie where they track the Captain and the Alien on the screen). ;)

Excellent post. This is the kind of stuff I need to understand. Good start....