Maverick keeps missing on A10?

Ok ive been flying the A10 alot trying to learn the avionics and just how to fly the thing....Im doing all this in Lomac 1.02 as i havnt recieved my new FC disk yet...

Problem im having is when i lock onto a target (T-70 ) in this case and i fire the Mav. It launches and it flys to the target but then it hits just off to the side of the target.

As far as i know Mavs are fire and forget missles...So why is it not hitting the target....

Also while on the topic of Mavs, when you are slewing the TD around looking for targets and u hit the tab key to ground stabilize it, Is there a key combo that makes the slew super slow. Another words Fine tuning....Cause even with the ground stabilize activated it still slews preatty fast....Its kind of hard to get it to lock onto a tank when its so Jerky.

Anyways just a few questions, cant wait to get my FC disk so that i can try it, Ive heard its a whole different kind of Game.

PooHead: "Tower request Immedite Landing"

Tower: "Poohead what is the nature of your problem"

PooHead: "Tower the RIVER RUNETH BROWN"

Tower: "Acknowdleged cleared Hot, will have Bucket of water and Stain remover on stand by"

Its your range. If you fire the Mavrick and it doesnt have time to complete its climb and then drop directly onto the top of its target, you are shooting them too late. Learn to use the MFD's and seeker heads to magnify your target and fire the missile from a longer range. Its not your missiles, or a bug, you fire too late and they will overshoot every time. Range is about two kelometers out if you do it right.

Good luck.

-Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

I've hear dof people having this problem before ... try reinstalling, is all I can tell ya, I don't htink there's a 'definitive' fix. Unless you messed with the missile effectiveness slider ...

Edit: Yeah, it could be the range too. Try using the white mavericks, they can be fired from quite far away. The pipper will tell you how far you're shooting from ... just about anything over 1nm should be successful.

You could also post a picture of the miss.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

hmm maybe ill try a reinstall, as im preatty sure that each time i fired the mav it was from beyound 1nm....And i know the cross thing was flashing so i know it was in range....

I would hate to have to reinstall lol, but if that will fix it then ill give it a try...

another thing is i know the Mav is able to perform its upward movement as i watch the missle on its way and it starts on the downward path

Tower: "Acknowdleged cleared Hot, will have Bucket of water and Stain remover on stand by"

Ok ive been flying the A10 alot trying to learn the avionics and just how to fly the thing....Im doing all this in Lomac 1.02 as i havnt recieved my new FC disk yet...

This is a known 1.02 bug remember? The missile slider had to be at either 50 or 100 EXACTLY or the mav's missed everytime.

ahhh ok thanks S77th....as i have mine set up towards 100% but its not at 100 exactly....

So then would it really be a bug tho....isnt that slider giving the game a chance for a malfunction....because actully i just shot a mav off and it actully hit its mark...

another words its not always happning....but ill set the slider all the way up....sence it doesnt bother me right now if i have any malfunctions with weps.....Least not till i learn the game better

1 mile is really close to min range on both types of Mav.

absolutely- firing from that range is definitely a miss waiting to happen. But if it's happening in 1.02 from pretty much anywhere- especially if the target is stationary- it's likely that bug.

The amount of error- if you will- coded into the MAv's is debatable.. I know at one point the effectiveness was to have reduced to "more realistic levels" The only misses I have seen are too close, and perhaps too far, especially if the target is moving perpendicular to the incoming MAV. Other than that.. that sucka is pretty much dead on everytime.

yeh i cant wait to get my FC going...I know what you mean about not being able to see anything lol....Im having a hard enough time with the "D" mav sence the A10 doesnt have an A/G radar...and im use to flying the F-16 which does have one....

so i usally have to try and lock on within 6NM and that aint that easy when you are learning the game

Im one of the unfortunet ones that Starforce is now saying its not there fault, so i have to wait for the replacement CD...hopefully by next friday...

In FC I've managed to hit targets with mavericks at less than 1mile! It can be done, BTW the detail is even better through a Shivkal. Longest range I've got kills is 7nm at low level. (SAM hunting in mission vehicle hunt).

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]