VEAO Eurofighter Typhoon Beta Released

Ells228

VEAO Eurofighter Typoon Public Beta 1.0

To be installed with Modman 6.3.0.1 or better

Please ensure you have CDDS unticked prior to installing the mod.

Many thanks go to:

Crow - remodel

Shaggy - skin

Hunin - weapons coding

Alphasim - pilot model

And all of our Alpha and Beta testers

Known last minute bugs being worked on:

LOD issues

Fuel tank skin

Cannopy blow off pilot visibility

Emergency arrestor hook missing

Weapons:

Air Superiority selection has been set automatically, however you can create you own selection on allocated pylons.

File:

http://www.veao.eu/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87

(you will need to register on our forums to access the file, this is to ensure you are kept up to date with new releases)

If you have any problems installing, using the mod or wish to let us know of any bugs, please post a message on our forums at:

http://www.veao.eu/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81

All bug reports should be made at the link above so we can log and track them.

Many thanks for your help in testing our mod,

Ells

Yeas i see the Lods problem, pretty cool but if i had to replace this model for the F15 i would if the model had more poly and details..

Now for the guys that love the Typoon over the F15 yes they will be please to fly in their babies !!

Good work .. more plz :)

Fly it like you stole it..

Thanks for your comments Gozr.

We've actually stripped a lot of details out of the original model to get it more 'game friendly' thereby reducing the poly's, but I do appreciate your comments, many thanks.

We have taken the community's comments on board and have released an updated mod file.

Public Beta #1.1 now available.

http://www.veao.eu/beta/VEAO_Typhoon_Public_Beta1-1.zip

Updates:

Emergency arrestor hook now modeled, mapped and textured

Pilot Arm Patch added

Canopy glass coloured

Pilot has new visor texture

Some other parts have improved textures

To be installed with Modman 6.3.0.1 or later

Please ensure you have CDDS unticked prior to installing the mod.

Again, many thanks to those of you that have contributed your time testing our mod.

And if you have any bugs that you wish to report, please post them here:

http://www.veao.eu/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81

Thanks,

Ells.

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd post an update for you.

We have very nearly finished the mod and will be releasing it soon.

We decided to lower the angle of attack (AOA) during flight and as a result have had to move the pylon coordinates, and a few other systems which are being worked on this week.

We are working on two mods in parallel;

1. Community Eurofighter Typhoon mod

2. an RAF Typhoon Challenge mod that will be used for live head to head competitions at air shows and events.

Mod 1 are the screenshots you have been seeing.

Mod 2 will have two jets flying head to head ACM, one with red markings and the other with blue (screens and videos to be shown soon)

The first live event is on 25th June, so all of our focus is on that mod, but work being done for that essentially copies onto the community mod.

We are looking to launch the community mod after the weekend of 4th/5th July following the live event at Waddington Air Show.

We appreciate all the feedback you have given us on the public beta testing and have incorporated a lot of your comments in the final mod file.

Once the events are out of the way, we will take a small vacation to catch breath and meet up at RIAT in the UK and will then be working on the following:

Typhoon weapons

Block 5 Air-to-Ground model

Typhoon F-15 cockpit skin overlay

Typhoon SU-33 cockpit skin overlay (likely candidate for A2G model)

BAE Hawk T.1A Trainer

Incorporating Tigrou's Gripen JAS/39

Future Development?

Development for a new plane model takes roughly 5-6 months from start to finish, so we are looking to release the Tornado around Christmas and the Harrier in the Summer of 2010 to complete the current build list.

Work is also being done on some support aircraft, such as refuelers and transports that will be flyable to add to the VEAO world.

Ground buldings, terrain and vehicles are also being worked on.

LOFC or DCS?

Some of you have asked if we are developing for DCS and will stop LOFC development.

The answer to that is no. All of the work we are doing for LOFC will be ported over to DCS when the time is right, with the addition of cockpit models for our jets, terrain work and a new airfield.

We have had some very progressive meetings with the DCS TFC team and fully support the work they are doing on DCS and LOFC and will be working with them closely.

ACTS

Work on the Air Combat Training School is also being carried out in parallel to the mods and we will be recruiting instructor pilots and trainee pilots from the community soon after the mod release.

VEAO Squadrons

I am now opening up invites for VEAO Eurofighter Typhoon squadrons to be set up.

If you would like to start a Typhoon sqaudron for any of the participating Typhoon nations, please either send me a PM or email ells@veao.eu to dicsuss further.

VEAO will host the squadron website, email and forums. All you have to do is run the squad, recruit and fight.

VFAT09

We are looking to have a solo display at VFAT this year, with the possibility of a team flight, to be announced later in the year.

Once again, thank you for all of your support and comments and a special thank you to the TFC/ED team for their continued support and encouragement.

Best regards,

Ells.

Edited by Ells228